EA Forums - Banner

Sideshow Bob Spotted

He is definitely showing up more! And there's not necessarily a message anymore....he just shows up multiple times even after I tap him. :)

Replies

• mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, it can get pretty annoying. The more you tap him, he more he shows up it seems. :?
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd like a 4-hour alternative task added for Brandine and/or Hank Scorpio and/or McBain in which they would patrol Springfield.
    The task could be "Turn Sideshow Bob to toast."

I'd put all three of them on that task CONSTANTLY. I'd set my alarm clock to retask them every four hours, day and night.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I've noticed too! Hope you're right.

And haha that'd be cool!
  • frogmommy15
    77 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    ...just statistical anomalies coupled with wishful thinking?

Unfortunately, I think you've nailed it :(

(But a little part of me is still hopeful! Sideshow Bob is/was the best storyline ever)
  • BrandoMG
    101 posts
    edited July 2014
    I let him just walk around my town never tapping him
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, it can get pretty annoying. The more you tap him, he more he shows up it seems. :?

I agree 1000%! I am seeing him in like every 4-5 towns I visit now. Talk about annoying.

And another part of this multiple reappearance glitch is he always appears in my real life friends towns who are no longer active in the game. I have kept a few people as friends, even though they have not played since Easter. And now there is nothing left in their towns to tap. With the arrows I can sometimes just start zipping through towns and forget they are coming up alphabetically. It seems like the game wants to give me something to tap in these towns, and since there are no buildings left, the Sideshow Bob is always generated. I have enough training walls that I dont have to worry about taking a hit on righteousness, but once they give me that printed warning saying he has been spotted in the area, I feel an obligation to tap him out and send him back to EA jail.

• TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited July 2014
    I hadn't noticed that.
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I had him in 4 in a row yesterday.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:

I agree 1000%! I am seeing him in like every 4-5 towns I visit now. Talk about annoying.

And another part of this multiple reappearance glitch is he always appears in my real life friends towns who are no longer active in the game. I have kept a few people as friends, even though they have not played since Easter. And now there is nothing left in their towns to tap. With the arrows I can sometimes just start zipping through towns and forget they are coming up alphabetically. It seems like the game wants to give me something to tap in these towns, and since there are no buildings left, the Sideshow Bob is always generated. I have enough training walls that I dont have to worry about taking a hit on righteousness, but once they give me that printed warning saying he has been spotted in the area, I feel an obligation to tap him out and send him back to EA jail.

Do you know how to hide a neighbor so they stay your neighbor but don't come up on your rounds? I do that whenever someone goes on vacation, or is inactive for a while. From their end, nothing changes. So you're still full-fledged neighbors, and you can visit their town any time you want just by switching the "hide" button to "show" ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    He definitely has shown up a lot more as of late, i get the notifications daily now.

Question for everyone: you think hes ever going to be an everyday character?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    A lot of my neighbors let him roam, so he's always in their towns. I don't think I've noticed a dramatic upswing other than that.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The Springfield Penitentiary's security has really gone downhill
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    A lot of my neighbors let him roam, so he's always in their towns. I don't think I've noticed a dramatic upswing other than that.

He seems to be more active in all of my neighbors' towns.

Neuroheart - do you know what happens when you don't get rid of him in your own town? Will he show up for your neighbors to tap until one neighbor gets rid of him? Does your righteousness go down?
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    lowjeff783 wrote:
    He definitely has shown up a lot more as of late, i get the notifications daily now.

Question for everyone: you think hes ever going to be an everyday character?

Ive gotta think so. Perhaps as an event of some kind. Or perhaps he'll be the level 50 character. That'd be a pretty great anniversary present.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.