EA Forums - Banner

International Ice Hockey

2Next

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Canada is the best at hockey. 2 time defending Olympic gold medals for both men and women.

mJJTC99.jpg
  • brandonl1226
    5831 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:
    Oh Hell no. USA and Canada the two best hockey countries? USA, no, Canada, maybe. The top 5 are Sweden, Russia, Finland, Canada and USA/Czecks

He could also have been talking about women's, in which case OP is spot on. ;)
    (I know, I know. Shush. A girl can dream.)

Haha. Do the women try to knock each other out too?

Nope.

Less frequently, but yes. Can't link here, but google USA Canada women's hockey fight, and enjoy.

I've seen a few women's games (Winter Olympics) but don't remember seeing them fight. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that no ice hockey game is complete without a fight :D
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    Oh Hell no. USA and Canada the two best hockey countries? USA, no, Canada, maybe. The top 5 are Sweden, Russia, Finland, Canada and USA/Czecks

You will be wrong.

Canada won the last 2 gold medals in the Olympics. USA finished 2nd in 2010 against a very amazing game played by both USA and Canada that went into OT and 4th in 2014 on a disappointing semi finals lost against Canada. Probably would of made it into the Finals if they were able to face Sweden instead, the Finland game was just a joke, they lost all of their fight after losing to Canada in the Semis.

So yes I would consider them the top 2 countries in the world followed by Finland,Sweden, Czech Republic then Russia.

If you want to talk about the women's game, they are easily 1 and 2 by leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:

You will be wrong.

Canada won the last 2 gold medals in the Olympics. USA finished 2nd in 2010 against a very amazing game played by both USA and Canada that went into OT and 4th in 2014 on a disappointing semi finals lost against Canada. Probably would of made it into the Finals if they were able to face Sweden instead, the Finland game was just a joke, they lost all of their fight after losing to Canada in the Semis.

So yes I would consider them the top 2 countries in the world followed by Finland,Sweden, Czech Republic then Russia.

If you want to talk about the women's game, they are easily 1 and 2 by leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.

Sorry to say, but USA doesn't have the same spirit into hockey than Finland, Canada and the Czechs who traditionally love hockey.

Let's just look at the facts, forget about the Olympics, world championships 2014, the US didn't even make it to the semi-finals, Finland made it to the finals and probably would have won if the game wouldn't have been unfair and rigged.

Then 2013, we had Sweden and when we play it's not just a game it's war. You just nearly won us, placing you 3rd and us 4th.

Then 2012 ... do I even have to start talking? You were 7th. 7TH. Norway almost did better than you.

Then 2011, again, I don't even have to explain my self. We were number 1, you were 8th? Your game was bad and pathetic that year, sorry to say.

Let's move on to 2010, I do admit, you won us 5 to nothing which was kind of pathetic, but we won the important match and came to 4th place. And you? Again, 7th.

The last 4 years, we have never wen't under 4th. And olympics? Hell, we did better than you!

And olympic ice hockey (women) Finland has been only once or twice been under 4th. Almost always 4th or more.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:

You will be wrong.

Sorry to say, but USA doesn't have the same spirit into hockey than Finland, Canada and the Czechs who traditionally love hockey.

Let's just look at the facts, forget about the Olympics, world championships 2014, the US didn't even make it to the semi-finals, Finland made it to the finals and probably would have won if the game wouldn't have been unfair and rigged.

Then 2013, we had Sweden and when we play it's not just a game it's war. You just nearly won us, placing you 3rd and us 4th.

Then 2012 ... do I even have to start talking? You were 7th. 7TH. Norway almost did better than you.

Then 2011, again, I don't even have to explain my self. We were number 1, you were 8th? Your game was bad and pathetic that year, sorry to say.

Let's move on to 2010, I do admit, you won us 5 to nothing which was kind of pathetic, but we won the important match and came to 4th place. And you? Again, 7th.

The last 4 years, we have never wen't under 4th. And olympics? Hell, we did better than you!

And olympic ice hockey (women) Finland has been only once or twice been under 4th. Almost always 4th or more.

As a Canadian it is unbelievable how much everyone here loves hockey. i have never been to Finland so i cant say how it is there but i agree that Finland are good at hockey as well but you can't say "forget about the olympics". Those are the best players in the world at that time so really that is the true test of who is better at that time.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    urlaub694 wrote:

You will be wrong.

As a Canadian it is unbelievable how much everyone here loves hockey. i have never been to Finland so i cant say how it is there but i agree that Finland are good at hockey as well but you can't say "forget about the olympics". Those are the best players in the world at that time so really that is the true test of who is better at that time.

Well, you're right about that. But I said that because I didn't want to go too deep into the subject. Personally I like the olympics the most because it has NHL players, but most good NHL players can't make it to the world championships.

Finland is the same as Canada. Finland has 6 million people and about 5 million watch the games. It's an event where everyone goes to the sofa and watches and are quiet. Then when we score everybody jumps up and starts screaming. Oh, and we also complain about how "That was so wrong, he should've gotten a penalty for that!! WHAT THE GOOSE!".

And you can't really say who is the best.

Canada isn't the best, Finland isn't the best, the USA isn't the best, North Korea isn't the best.

It changes.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.