EA Forums - Banner

Missing handshakes

Prev1
There's been a solution for this

Replies

• Canuck959
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've seen a solution involving using a secondary device. I don't have a secondary device.
  • stevetdda0201
    57 posts
    edited July 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

If you're talking about the 'solution' using 2 devices, it didn't for me and quite a few others I've noticed. I do get some handshakes but nowhere near what I should be getting. I have a great selection of friends and most of them visit everyday, even outside of an 'event'.
  • kingshark2203
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The solution didn't work for me. I'm waiting to see whether or not whatever new update we get will cure the problem or maybe I need to take a vacation from TSTO.
  • vic147
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    That solution does not work, it's only a temporary semi fix. I have to log in daily to get a few handshakes.
    I keep getting the visit notifications, when I log in there is no handshakes showing.
  • Rich0913
    1637 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Canuck959 wrote:
    I've seen a solution involving using a secondary device. I don't have a secondary device.

I dont have a secondary device either.
    Whats working for me is, every time I finish, logging out of origin and going into the game anonymously.
    When I go back in my active SF, I sign back in.
    Hopefully the handshake gets resoved when update happens.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The solutions work for some, which is wonderful. But not for others. (Which is not so wonderful.)

Canuck, when I get your taps today, I'll post here to let you know. I've only gotten your visits a few times in the past week ...

I know things are still very inconsistent because again today I only received handshakes from six of my own ten feeders, even though I tapped from all ten in sequence, one immediately after the other. And again, the ones that failed to show up were at random, and varied from yesterday, when I only got four, including one that failed today.

This morning when I first entered my town, I saw a significant number of handshakes, compared to a very low number on other recent days. I was hopeful the problem was fixed, but then proved otherwise when I got those poor results from my feeders that I just described above.

Aarrrrgggghhhh.

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Canuck959
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Annettemarc I visited your town about 4 hours ago. I visit all my friends every day whether there's an event or not. I've gotten messages that you have visited, but there's only been handshakes from you a couple of times. The same thing happens when other friends visit. I get a message that they've visited, but there's no handshakes.
  • meinaz
    5440 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not really sure. I have seen a drop off since Stonecutter's event but that was expected. I do find that I don't always have three handshakes from everyone that visits.
  • annettemarc
    7731 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Canuck959 wrote:
    Annettemarc I visited your town about 4 hours ago. I visit all my friends every day whether there's an event or not. I've gotten messages that you have visited, but there's only been handshakes from you a couple of times. The same thing happens when other friends visit. I get a message that they've visited, but there's no handshakes.

No worry -- I've seen so many permutations of notifications-without-handshakes and handshakes-without-notifications and (albeit rarely) handshakes WITH notifications, that I can only imagine there must be LOTS of people who visit me and I see nothing at all.

Imagine if this had happened during the stonecutter's event, when the emblems earned from those pyramids from visits from neighbors played such a significant role?

Meantime, I'll just do visits every day from my main town and if people don't see handshakes I'm sure the majority of them understand this mess is going on. No biggie. Not worth stressing over. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Canuck, I got taps from you just now when I checked my SF. Also, I visited your town about 11 hours ago...
  • peppers2ndmo
    247 posts
    edited July 2014
    This makes me wonder if any of us know whether we are seeing all our handshakes, or not. How would we ever know?

Ps: I have been visiting you daily, most recently about 45 minutes ago.
  • shiny_coinz
    10 posts
    edited July 2014
    Oh sure there is a solution for this but that doesn't guarantee that the problem won't repeat itself!

I logged out and logged back in after I first had the no handshakes issue, and this trick worked just fine. I did get the "your other device has deleted this town" message thing but found a solution to that at this forum and got past it.

Had nearly a week of loads of handshakes and no issues.

Yesterday I received notifications that my neighbours had visited, but no handshakes to be seen anywhere, including Krustyland.

Just great :evil:

Oh well, log in & log out again I suppose and hope that fixes it for good this time.

• Canuck959
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    This makes me wonder if any of us know whether we are seeing all our handshakes, or not. How would we ever know?

Ps: I have been visiting you daily, most recently about 45 minutes ago.

I just visited my town and I did receive your handshakes. Thank you. I received visits from 3 friends today, same as yesterday.

I tried logging out and back in again. Didn't make any difference. I received the message about not saving on my other device. I don't even have another device.

I sure hope they fix this before the next event.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    I am receiving Handshakes in my town, whether or not it the right amount who knows but certainly seem to be getting a fair few :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited July 2014
    Im gettin some, it seems abit more then before.. but still not all of them.. ill tap through my brown houses and half of them will be handshakes that arent displayed!

this is a server side issue that they need to fix, and soon please! along with the random crashes sometimes when setting characters and visiting friends again!
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

the solution is EA fixing it with a patch they caused it they should fix the problem not us.. no one was having this problem until after stonecutters.
  • Canuck959
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    So far 60% who voted are affected by this problem. After 2 weeks you'd think EA would have fixed this. I'm still waiting to get a response from customer support.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I'm getting them all, but cannot be sure. Voted yes.

What is up with EA allowing bugs like this to persist for weeks? (rhetorical vent)

• 4junk3000
    5316 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    My reinstall was a waste of time.

Back to getting no handshakes after it worked one day after doing the log on from another device trick.
    I can't log in from someone else's device every 8 hours, EA!!

Only thing i can think to test next, is if the toggle for push notifications is affecting it. Anyone else test this? Is the notifications off setting supressing the handshakes? There's two, one in game and one in the android app settings. I'm about to turn them back on and see if it helps. I'll report my findings.
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000
    5316 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think I'm getting them all, but cannot be sure. Voted yes.

What is up with EA allowing bugs like this to persist for weeks? (rhetorical vent)

Hey neighbor.

Got yours once, like a day ago. I know you're android, have you checked your notifications settings? Particularly the one in the app settings? I turned mine off after the reinstall, and I'm wondering if i shot myself in the foot doing that. I'm going to turn them back on in a minute and see if my hand shakes start coming in again. Had zero this morning.

At least we have a forum to commiserate! Lol
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!