EA Forums - Banner

The "TSTO Forum Member" Theory on Evolution

Prev134
You become a seasoned played when Homer grinds the salt and pepper on you and declares "mmmmm forum member"

Replies

  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    You become a seasoned played when Homer grinds the salt and pepper on you and declares "mmmmm forum member"

    "Mmmmmm, seasoned player..."
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these tsto players and forum members. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever...thy will be done.

    Okay, it was originally milk and cookies. Milk and cookies?!! Gin and pretzels please!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    You can easily level all the way up without understanding some of the nuances of, for example, friend visits. I think time is a better yardstick than level, but even that may not be sufficient on its own. I've spent a lot of time reading this forum and figuring out how things work. Also how things go wrong. I still get surprised, but not often. There are definitely players who are more seasoned than me, but I think I'm pretty seasoned at this point. (Playing daily for a year, foruming for nearly as long.)
    I think it would depend mostly on how well you understand game details, regardless of level or time playing. If you can answer a lot of the questions in bugs & issues, you're probably getting there ;)
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    smohqy wrote:
    You become a seasoned played when Homer grinds the salt and pepper on you and declares "mmmmm forum member"

    "Mmmmmm, seasoned player..."

    Both of you :lol:

    Neuroheart, I see what you are saying... it's also very easy to level up when you go premium and that along with all of the SC quest lines definitely slung-shot me forward in terms of leveling up. So that covers the aspects of being a seasoned player (which I can't read unless it's in Homer's voice, thanks guys ;) ) but at what point do you think one would move out of the category of newbie?
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2014
    I agree with meuroheart about being understanding and being able to answer other peoples questions.

    For me it is someone who has played a few events (3??). After this point you've got a fairly good idea what is going on.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    ...but at what point do you think one would move out of the category of newbie?
    I'd say it's the moment you roll your eyes because you just saw a thread asking a question about the game that you've either seen answered five times, or you worked it out for yourself more than a month ago. (I suppose that's a little forum-centric, but that's where we are, so I'll stick with it.)
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    ...but at what point do you think one would move out of the category of newbie?
    I'd say it's the moment you roll your eyes because you just saw a thread asking a question about the game that you've either seen answered five times, or you worked it out for yourself more than a month ago. (I suppose that's a little forum-centric, but that's where we are, so I'll stick with it.)

    Bingo
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Dotcom180 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    ...but at what point do you think one would move out of the category of newbie?
    I'd say it's the moment you roll your eyes because you just saw a thread asking a question about the game that you've either seen answered five times, or you worked it out for yourself more than a month ago. (I suppose that's a little forum-centric, but that's where we are, so I'll stick with it.)

    Bingo
    is that you Agnes?
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    ...but at what point do you think one would move out of the category of newbie?
    I'd say it's the moment you roll your eyes because you just saw a thread asking a question about the game that you've either seen answered five times, or you worked it out for yourself more than a month ago. (I suppose that's a little forum-centric, but that's where we are, so I'll stick with it.)

    LOL!

    If you mean on the forum, I stop seeing people as newbies as soon as I start recognizing their names popping up, but maybe that's just me! Like you Kenalbon, I already recognize your name and I see you've posted quite a bit, so I don't really think of you as "new" now :-)

    As soon as you have an avatar I don't think other people will see you as such a "newbie" anymore either.
  • Peppermallow
    212 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Your evolution entirely depends on whether you created your springfield in 7 days with donuts, or Seven hundred million years with freemium cash.
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    At what point or by what benchmark do you think a player makes that ceremonial transgression from a 'newbie' player to, let's say, a seasoned player: Is it the time that they have been playing the game? Their in-game level, if so what should this level be? Would the amount of events they have 'lived through' have anything to do with that?

    I only started playing from the beginning of the Stonecutter saga and for that reason I still feel like I should be considered a newbie. On the other hand I completed that event in full and am now on Level 31... I've done a lot but still have lots to do.

    I realize this kind of question may be better suited for a poll but aside from the fact I don't know how to make one, I am more interested in having the average forum member share their thoughts.
    I think there are stages inbetween newbie and seasoned. I have only been playing since December - and while not a newbie, for sure not a seasoned, or experienced, tapper. Some things change/get updated, and I see the seasoned players as those who "remember when". So while I am maxed out on levels and FPs, there are still puzzles and surprises in the game for me. (And apologies for some of my dumb posts!)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I agree with meuroheart about being understanding and being able to answer other peoples questions.

    For me it is someone who has played a few events (3??). After this point you've got a fairly good idea what is going on.

    I think this is a good way to say you are no longer a newb to the game :) A big event always involves many questions 1st time round, so once you played one you defo get the idea of how things work :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    As soon as you have an avatar I don't think other people will see you as such a "newbie" anymore either.

    I keep changing my mind on what I want my avatar to by the time mine is view-able I'll be on my 100th choice!

    patzmcm - I'll excuse you if you excuse me :? I probably read 100 threads before I decided to 'risk' a post...
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    A big event always involves many questions 1st time round, so once you played one you defo get the idea of how things work

    No argument there, when I first started playing there was so much going on and I actually had no idea that the Stonecutters was an event and instead assumed that this way of play was here to stay (that rhymed, unintentional)... I only found the forum so early in my TSTO days because I couldn't understand why (at level 8 or 9) I suddenly had a task to get to level 20 and build a library :? The forum actually adds to the overall appeal of the game IMO so I'm surprised that EA don't subtly usher the newer users over here from the get go.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    The forum actually adds to the overall appeal of the game IMO so I'm surprised that EA don't subtly usher the newer users over here from the get go.

    I agree, this forum is as addictive as the game itself and really helpful! I think it can also encourage a lot of players to go premium, which EA would obviously love! :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    A big event always involves many questions 1st time round, so once you played one you defo get the idea of how things work

    No argument there, when I first started playing there was so much going on and I actually had no idea that the Stonecutters was an event and instead assumed that this way of play was here to stay (that rhymed, unintentional)... I only found the forum so early in my TSTO days because I couldn't understand why (at level 8 or 9) I suddenly had a task to get to level 20 and build a library :? The forum actually adds to the overall appeal of the game IMO so I'm surprised that EA don't subtly usher the newer users over here from the get go.

    This forum does help towards the extra enjoyment of the game for sure :thumbup:

    I remember coming here a LONG time ago when we had loads of crashing issues and wanted to find out whether i was the only one or this was a big thing.....which it was
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I say you become a 'veteran' once you've played for 6 months.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    crosby357 wrote:
    I say you become a 'veteran' once you've played for 6 months.

    What does Playing from 29th Feb 2012 over two years make me then? If Veteran is taken after 6months :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:
    I say you become a 'veteran' once you've played for 6 months.

    What does Playing from 29th Feb 2012 over two years make me then? If Veteran is taken after 6months :lol:
    Navy Reserve?
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    crosby357 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:
    I say you become a 'veteran' once you've played for 6 months.

    What does Playing from 29th Feb 2012 over two years make me then? If Veteran is taken after 6months :lol:
    Navy Reserve?

    :lol: How about the S.****? ;)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:
    I say you become a 'veteran' once you've played for 6 months.

    What does Playing from 29th Feb 2012 over two years make me then? If Veteran is taken after 6months :lol:
    Navy Reserve?

    :lol: How about the S.****? ;)

    :? Or how about Neo with a lighstaber? :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.