EA Forums - Banner

Debate time... DONUTS

Prev13
Blimey this is a difficult poll to answer!! :shock: Being we only have one action on the polls :?

Replies

• HappyGamer73
    2394 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Actually, I'd rather see the prices of donuts go down rather than the amount of donuts going up. That way it would be easier to get in as a semi-premium player. Right now it almost feels like you have to go all in or not at all.
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Cheaper premium items for sure. I think it's ridiculous how a popular stand-alone non-voiced character is 120 donuts. (cough cough Jimbo cough cough)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    Actually, I'd rather see the prices of donuts go down rather than the amount of donuts going up. That way it would be easier to get in as a semi-premium player. Right now it almost feels like you have to go all in or not at all.

5c9049ade424fc1b589d6d6bc33dd1107b14b9a3
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • davo180
    14974 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:
  • crosby357
    3051 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

mj-laughing.gif
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Blimey this is a difficult poll to answer!! :shock: Being we only have one action on the polls :?

Had a feeling it may be, but the rising cost of premium items and the stale unchanged donuts amount, I felt the need to debate it as the subject has been brought up many a time. :-)

I might make this a weekly thing with different topics game related, a bit like our Prime Ministers Question time (PMQ's)

I agree with you. I was all out premium and happy to spend in the game, but before the Stonecutters event, premium items were rubbish and overpriced, during the Stonecutters event, premium items suddenly were reasonably priced, and then they (EA) blew it by releasing a gold house that was well overpriced and does nothing really. I've gone back to freemium in protest. If EA want to be greedy, I will spend my money elsewhere. This also applies to FG: QFS as well, I have taken the same stance with them too
    crosby357 wrote:
    Cheaper premium items for sure. I think it's ridiculous how a popular stand-alone non-voiced character is 120 donuts. (cough cough Jimbo cough cough)

This is probably the best option, keeping the prices reasonable. But EA won't do that

I understand its a business, but overpricing and no value for money means I'm taking my money elsewhere and spending it on other things.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I voted cheaper premiums. I would feel a lot better about spending the $20 (or £14- I think the exchange rate is way better than it used to be! :shock: ) if I could get more than 1.174 building/character combos with it.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    jae_bazz wrote:
    I voted cheaper premiums. I would feel a lot better about spending the $20 (or £14- I think the exchange rate is way better than it used to be! :shock: ) if I could get more than 1.174 building/character combos with it.

This is why I strongly criticised EA over the price of the gold mansion, at 250 donuts, there isn't much left to buy for 50 donuts, unless you want decorations that have a paltry little multiplier which makes then absolutely not worth buying unless it has a character task associated with it.
  • homer4mayor
    63 posts
    edited July 2014
    as a pure freemium player the rising prices for donuts and the horrendous costs for premium items just make my decision more definite to stay freemium. I am willing to pay a fair price to a computer program or game - but the premium prices in TSTO are out of proportion. So I more look at this discussion as a bystander...
  • stingray1122
    8716 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Cheaper premiums or bi monthly deals can't go wrong with either. I guess I'd go with cheaper premiums if I have to pick one. A day old donut sale would be great though. We haven't had one of those in forever.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    jae_bazz wrote:

This is why I strongly criticised EA over the price of the gold mansion, at 250 donuts, there isn't much left to buy for 50 donuts, unless you want decorations that have a paltry little multiplier which makes then absolutely not worth buying unless it has a character task associated with it.

I'm curious to hear from the 4 people who think premium prices are fine the way they are...
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I understand its a business, but overpricing and no value for money means I'm taking my money elsewhere and spending it on other things.

Businesses that overprice and do not provide value for the money don't stay in business for long. The simple fact is that the only way premium prices will go down is if nobody buys the most expensive items, which given the number of whales and gold mansions I see in neighbors' towns clearly isn't the case. If you were selling a car and you received two offers, one of which was significantly higher than the other, would you turn the high offer down because you thought the lower offer was more fair? If you would, you're a better person than me! :)
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    I guarantee EA, if you dropped the cost of donuts by 10% and did the same with existing premium items theyd DEFINITELY sell more. As it is right now, I cant justify buying them at these prices. Maybe if they did more Gil deals, maybe once a month that had limited time items as well as existing premium kit.

• ZennGlenn
    1690 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Voted cheaper premiums... I respect that they aim to make money & have to pay employees but the Gold Mansion was over the top for me; granted maybe it was priced so high since it was indeed 'a gold friggin' mansion', but that was where I drew my line & aimed to show so in not purchasing :hunf:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    I have voted finally, went with the only real option - Cheaper premium items!!

If Prem items were reduced surely more people would buy the items :) In turn making EA more money
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Used to be a completionist player, but the cost of some premium items that have been released is ridiculous. I will probably never have a whale in my ocean....
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    Used to be a completionist player, but the cost of some premium items that have been released is ridiculous. I will probably never have a whale in my ocean....

Duno how you have managed to stop buying the prem items if you were a completist cos i cant stop, I defo have a problem when it comes to this game :lol:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    Some very interestiong points being made about premium items, their cost, and donut pricing. This is what makes a great debate/discussion :)
    jae_bazz wrote:

I'm curious to hear from the 4 people who think premium prices are fine the way they are...

As with every poll, there are those that will vote for their choice and do not take a moment to explain why, the way i see it is, the fact that with a poll you can place your vote without fear of being shot down and insulted, as has been seen in the past. I myself have voted in other polls and not said why i chose that option, one in particular being the land issue, because my thoughts on this would unfortunately provoke a lot of anger at me. I can handle the anger part, but what i do not want to encourage is trolling and dislike of someone because they have an opinion that is against what others have said.

However, in any thread i make, whether it be a poll, discussion, debate or in the case of Easter, expression of unhappiness with the event, i always welcome people's opinions, positive or negative. Once sided arguments and discussions bring up valid points, but to those who think that the pricing is fine as it is, i'd really love to hear your thoughts on why, and bring the other side to this discussion :)
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Duno how you have managed to stop buying the prem items if you were a completist cos i cant stop, I defo have a problem when it comes to this game :lol:

Well I'm missing a couple of Funzos now that I think about it.....

And to be honest if Gil had a donut sale tomorrow, a whale could very well end up in the harbour....sigh
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I have voted finally, went with the only real option - Cheaper premium items!!

If Prem items were reduced surely more people would buy the items :) In turn making EA more money

It's cheaper premium items that are shooting ahead in the poll, and i agree even though i chose the option below it :lol:

Your right about EA making more money from it. People will buy donuts to get more items. If they can't do anything else with what's left of 300 donuts, it puts them off from spending money on the game again (as such, is what i've done - EA made the gold mansion overpriced, i realised i wasn't going to get anything good for 50 donuts, so i've stopped premium purchased on a permanent basis now)

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!