EA Forums - Banner

**REMINDER** Plant corn!

Prev1
Figures....I have 58 days left on mine

Replies

• NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited July 2014
    That is not always true carrots for Easter did not finish corn early.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Yes they did

Well they did for me anyways
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited July 2014
    I planted mine ages ago thinking the change to a 30 mins task meant something was coming. So far, I look a little foolish.
  • johncolombo
    11349 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Storing the farm does not store Brandine.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • johncolombo
    11349 posts Senior Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the reminder. It did work once before so worth trying.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    It usually only speeds up if it's required to kick off an event, but I guess we'll see!
    I was thinking that, too. Had a moment of panic that maybe they'd changed her.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Yes they did. I planted corn a week before the carrots and it finished. I definitely received the 45k too.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    It usually only speeds up if it's required to kick off an event, but I guess we'll see!
    I was thinking that, too. Had a moment of panic that maybe they'd changed her.

Thanks for clarifying that. I don't have Brandine and when I looked her up I thought it was implying that it would.

So is there any way to reset Brandine if she goes "missing"?

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

Yes they did. I planted corn a week before the carrots and it finished. I definitely received the 45k too.

Same for me. A sweet 45K.

And if it doesn't this time, then it doesn't.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Many desperate emails to customer service, I'd imagine. Same as Lisa, Homer, Rod, Todd, Fat Tony, Maude, Kang, Bumblebee Man, Arnie Pye, SVT, Moleman, Sherri&Terri, Jimbo, Kearny, Dr Nick, whatever other unassociated characters exist that I'm forgetting.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

I think folks are thinking of the pomatoes quest. That quest did not speed up corn for free, but it stayed in your task list so you could finish it whenever your corn was done.
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Many desperate emails to customer service, I'd imagine. Same as Lisa, Homer, Rod, Todd, Fat Tony, Maude, Kang, Bumblebee Man, Arnie Pye, SVT, Moleman, Sherri&Terri, Jimbo, Kearny, Dr Nick, whatever other unassociated characters exist that I'm forgetting.

Does this still happen now that we have the town census? Just curious.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

I think folks are thinking of the pomatoes quest. That quest did not speed up corn for free, but it stayed in your task list so you could finish it whenever your corn was done.

That's my concern with growing corn now. If the update is released and they add new plants (which they likely will since they switched tomacco to 30 min) and it's not part of an actual quest line then I can't build it until the corn is done or I store cletus' farm which is a waste of money.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

Curious about this as well. I had Lisa disappear one day. She wouldn't show up in either SF or KL. She had been in KL and when I went back to SF she was gone from both. I went into the census and it showed her as waiting for something to do. Tapped the "go to" button and she appeared.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

I actually don't know for sure. When Smithers kept getting stuck in the control building, the census listing showed "error" next to his name. In terms of the characters who just wander away, though, I haven't heard anything recently.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    MAN. I thought this was an actual spoiler! :twisted:
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited July 2014
    Mine and my kids all ended early :P
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

That's my concern with growing corn now. If the update is released and they add new plants (which they likely will since they switched tomacco to 30 min) and it's not part of an actual quest line then I can't build it until the corn is done or I store cletus' farm which is a waste of money.

Yep, a $9K gamble on winning $45K. Your choice.

You can also wait and try to time it closer. That's what I did with Easter, and I got the $45K.

• Pinpal00
    996 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I could have predicted this. Every time I get corn under 30 days, an update requires a new crop.

Okay, complaint over! I'm bumping this back to the first page since it'll be useful information.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    KillaSqirl wrote:
    lukeout007 wrote:

Please go read this on tstoaddicts...
    tstoaddicts.com/tag/im-growing-corn-on-cletuss-farm/

The corn did speed up on growing the carrots for many of us. Sorry if it did not work for you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!