EA Forums - Banner

What Kind of City Planner Are You?

Prev1
alwayssssssss changing it around... this damn vulgari building has almost driven me batty ive moved it about 10 times trying to make it fit in properly haha

Replies

• nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited July 2014
    Am constantly changing sections of my town and just recently nucked it. I might end up changing it again in the future. :shock:
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I make all buildings fit my town, sections thar are not good for me i change when i have ideas, sections that i love like my prison, sunphere, SQP, KL and many more i stay off. New buildings i try to fit in and once they do ( my opinion ) it stays :wink:
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm constantly redesigning my town. If I get new buildings and have a new idea, I change my town in sections.
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    I make all buildings fit my town, sections thar are not good for me i change when i have ideas, sections that i love like my prison, sunphere, SQP, KL and many more i stay off. New buildings i try to fit in and once they do ( my opinion ) it stays :wink:

I'm with you on that one. Some of my sections have never been changed and others undergo a few redesigns before they are just right.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    None of the options

I always try to design a realistic city. But when i am happy with a section, i seldom touch that area.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    None of the given options.. more a "just the way I want it to be" (which I guess is the way all-such games should be played).

Being a bit late-to-the-party though (started Dec 2013), I have seen what others have done, particularly the 'completionists', and have planned ahead a lot to make best use of the currently available land as and when I get or buy new stuff .. I've never had a hallowe'en event yet .. have thought ahead where I might want 'weirder stuff' to go!

I love "my" Springfield, but it's no better or worse than any of my neighbo(u)rs - it's all subjective - the thing that is important is to love your own - it makes you want to make the effort!
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dhlennon wrote:
    None of the given options.. more a "just the way I want it to be" (which I guess is the way all-such games should be played).

Being a bit late-to-the-party though (started Dec 2013), I have seen what others have done, particularly the 'completionists', and have planned ahead a lot to make best use of the currently available land as and when I get or buy new stuff .. I've never had a hallowe'en event yet .. have thought ahead where I might want 'weirder stuff' to go!

I love "my" Springfield, but it's no better or worse than any of my neighbo(u)rs - it's all subjective - the thing that is important is to love your own - it makes you want to make the effort!
    You have a great town! Love to visit.

I also started in December 2013, early on looked at all the buildings and had a major plan right from the start (town square, residential areas including a messier area, nice business district, messier business district, highway at the edges, etc.). Now it might be time to do a major redesign. That seems overwhelming!
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I build mine in sections. For example, residential or downtown. :-)
  • darrenholm736
    1277 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    None of the options

I always try to design a realistic city. But when i am happy with a section, i seldom touch that area.

Yep, pretty much the same here too. I'm more of a tweaker than a re-designer. My SF only really changes when we have a new event with a lot of content, or an update with a couple of buildings/items.

Other than that, I just move the odd fence or tree around to see if it looks slightly better. 8)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I used to have a plan, but since running out of space i am constantly redesigning my town to fit new buildings in etc
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • tommy1724
    1969 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I build mine in sections. For example, residential or downtown. :-)

I try for a similar approach of themed sections, with an eye towards logical association. That said, I've seen some brilliantly funny ideas in neighbours' towns (current fav: Todd swinging on monkey bars outside Calmwood, which is on a fenced-in island) so I might try for some clever redesign at some point soon....
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2014
    Constantly redesigning always striving to create a realistic town with defined areas. I enjoy the challenge of limited space with ever increasing content.
  • dhlennon
    133 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    patzmcm wrote:
    You have a great town! Love to visit.

I also started in December 2013, early on looked at all the buildings and had a major plan right from the start (town square, residential areas including a messier area, nice business district, messier business district, highway at the edges, etc.). Now it might be time to do a major redesign. That seems overwhelming!

Awww, thanks Neighbor! Love yours too! :)
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    What about the SF Guide option?
    tumblr_m5ijnurt3S1r0uc29o6_250.gif
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Bravewall wrote:

Option 2 is most relevant, then :)
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:

Option 2 is most relevant, then :)
    Fair enough, but for the record the SF guide is not the official original layout. There is none.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited July 2014
    I choose redesigning, but mostly I leave everything in the same spots. I am more of a small change player, I move trees and bushes, and rearrange for anything new. I have rarely done major redesigning, but probably will again when (not if) they give us more land.
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Now that my redesign is done, i doubt highly that I'll ever deconstruct the various districts i created (downtown square, uptown/shopping, Springfield heights, lil Italy, southside industrial, waterfront, Pressboard estates, and Springfield RFD).

But i have lots of room in each area for future construction. I wish i could afford more premium buildings now and fill the empty lots!

I too would have liked to see a separate choice for following the map based on the SFguide like Bravewall has, as it is different than attempting to make your own logical config based on footage from the show, which is what i did. I see them as unique challenges. I may start a new town and do it that way now that mine is pretty well set.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Is it just me, or are the options somewhat bizarre?

I have each in sections for the most part, but I do know space is very limited. I do have several designs, and I've reached the teardown phase now. Right now I have room for another building or 2. No idea what is the next thing to go.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    None of the options

OT: Your gifs are CRAWLING now. What did they do to this forum?!
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.