EA Forums - Banner

to my neighboureenos and forum friends

Prev13
Seems a bit melodramatic. Take care, we might see you again at some point. If not, good luck with everything. :)

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry to hear that :(

If you decide to come back, drop me a line.
  • BaileyCat88
    259 posts
    edited July 2014
    Bummer! I'm keeping you on my list for awhile anyway, just in case you have a changed of heart. I don't drop people quickly. Anyway, best wishes, neighbor!
  • wildminion
    555 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the same frame of mind as Dave, totally see where he's coming from.

I used to play far more - setting hourly tasks throughout evening and weekends most often. Since stone cutters ended and the rip off pricing became obscene, I've barely managed to log in once a day. It's not fun anymore, it's kinda disgusting to see such high prices on things that were once free.

I've also found other freemium games that are far more fun and that don't treat their customers with contempt.
    So, I'm with Dave - gonna spend my precious time doing enjoyable things, using products made by companies who at least pretend to give a fig about their customers / fans.
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree about the melodrama :wink:
    In all seriousness though, good luck and best wishes man. Hope your break from games eases your rage. Toodles
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Thats a shame, by for now. Just remember...
    vN8IaGX.gif
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for visiting the forum! Happy ranting!
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Rock on man and enjoy the rest of your life. It is just an game and nothing more. One of these days I to will stop playing it also. But not any time soon. And many of the other players will do the same.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow that's a bummer, to see a long time player, and active forum member to leave the game. Hopefully you come back and things are sorted out. Who knows tho, if enough people make a stand maybe they'll understand and polish up their act.
    "The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of the future will be the anti-❤️❤️❤️❤️."
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I feel for you about the crashing issues, but you can't blame EA for the premium pricing - if people are buying the items for those prices, any successful business would do exactly the same thing!

Anyway, thanks for the goodbye message, I totally would never have noticed you were gone without it. ;)
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • stingray1122
    8716 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry hear to this. :(

I've been lucky not to have an increased number crashes. However I agree with you on the increasing price of premiums.

Hope to see you back on the forum and playing again sometime.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Just a quick post to let you know that I'm stopping playing TSTO for quite some time. I've been put off the game for a few reasons, two main ones being the crashing issues every time I start up the game, making neighbour visits impossible to do, and of course, EA's discusting pricing policy on premium items. I was going to try and enjoy the game after going back to freemium due to EA's greed, but felt it better to just stop altogether and let my town rot until the two issues I have are sorted, and we all know EA won't stop ripping players off with the cost of premium items. Its just not worth it anymore. They wont be getting a penny more from me. Game has gone downhill, was saved by the stonecutters event, and then went downhill again.

not far off quitting myself have barely touched the game in the last 2 weeks starting to get bored of it
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The crashing issues are NOT an EA problem. If it was it would be happening to EVERY player. It is a device problem.

It boils down to device choice. If you want to play on a device for which the game WAS NOT DEVELOPED FOR (i.e. android devices) issues will happen.

As far as the premium content goes, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO BUY ANYTHING. This game is leaps and bounds above ANY other free to play game with content to those who FREELY CHOOSE to not purchase anything. Most other free to play games have level caps, locked out items, etc. Freemium players can still participate in ALL EVENTS, have max friends, and basically buy everything any other player can buy with in game cash.

I know I sound kind of harsh, but the fact of the matter is that people are always wanting more and more for free without realizing or taking responsibility for what is basically an issue on their end. As I play several other games the complaints are the same, and generally people are whiners. A very popular FPS game comes to mind. Just the other day on the forums for that they were whining and crying and calling the developer every name in the book because of lag. Well come to find out he was tethering his XBOX 360 to his phone and using a 3G wifi hotspot from his phone for an internet access point. Yep, not the developers problem.
  • danco214
    1291 posts
    edited July 2014
    I also haven't been playing very much lately, and its mostly because of all the crashing. 95% of the time, the game will crash on start up. never have a problem with the second attempt though, just the first startup. Then I can guarantee another crash before I am done tapping handshakes in my town, then 2 tries to get back in... since again the first attempt will crash 95% of the time. Except during events, I don't even try to visit neighbors any more, the crashes are just too frustrating.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The crashing issues are NOT an EA problem. If it was it would be happening to EVERY player. It is a device problem.

It boils down to device choice. If you want to play on a device for which the game WAS NOT DEVELOPED FOR (i.e. android devices) issues will happen.
    It's happening to apple users, too, you condescending prat.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10133318.page
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    Seems a bit melodramatic. Take care, we might see you again at some point. If not, good luck with everything. :)

Dito, but good luck :wink:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2014
    The game just gets better and better for me. I can agree with the constant crashing but waving the white flag over premo prices is a bit silly.
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

It's happening to apple users, too, you condescending prat.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10133318.page

All the people who seem to be having issues with crashing are using non-IOS devices. The ones using IOS devices that are crashing have nearly full memories on those devices.

I have been playing since DAY ONE on my iPhone and iPad and have yet to have the first crash/lag/stutter while playing other than when I am out and try to check on my town and the signal for 3G is sketchy. I have friends (real life friends) who play on Kindles and other devices that run the android stuff and it's a CONSTANT headache.

It's like the android devices just aren't too happy with the way this game works. I know there are a few games that play better on android devices than IOS, but if I choose to play those games I understand that. If you poll all the players who have crashing issues when doing things in their town you will find that 99.9% are either from devices having nearly no memory left, or using devices other than ones that run IOS.
  • davo180
    14974 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry to hear that mate :(
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    davo180 wrote:
    Sorry to hear that mate :(

Ditto, I won't take you off my neighbour list for a while. Take care :D
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    WoW! I have only just seen this thread :shock:

Such a shame to see you are packing in the time :( Hopefully the game will spark off the excitement once again tho, can see why you have lost interest of course but if you do decide to return please make sure you drop me a PM :)

Shame to see you go tho buddy :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!