EA Forums - Banner

Help! Ipad problems!!!

The device has its own storage that needs to be clear, iCloud storage is items not stored on the device, you should clear out some unused apps, some pics and videos, some songs if you have them on there.

Replies

• AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Check how much storage you have left by going to:

Settings > General > About

There you'll see storage, and beneath that storage available.

If it's a 1gb or less, that can explain why it's saying you don't have storage left. Try deleting some stuff and restarting your device, that should fix the problem.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Impossible. The game was designed for iOS, so iDevices are infallible when it comes to running it.
    [/sarcasm]

There are apps that can take up memory without advertising it. It's called the cache. If you know how to clear your cache, do that. Otherwise, reinstall apps like Facebook and safari to force clear them. System updates can also take up memory, according to one member here who had a similar problem.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2014
    I haven't put any new apps on my iPad in a while and it's starting to struggle with the game.

I've said it before but ill say it again:

this game needs to be recoded. Levels keep getting tacked on and patches regularly needed. Recoding it would allow for new updates to be added in a more seamless manner and would go a long way of fixing other glitches. I fully accept this would take a while and new content would suffer, but if the game is to make it to another year they have to do something. The game size is currently ridiculous and downloading the entire game is now imo significant.

• vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I haven't put any new apps on my iPad in a while and it's starting to struggle with the game.

this game needs to be recoded. Levels keep getting tacked on and patches regularly needed. Recoding it would allow for new updates to be added in a more seamless manner and would go a long way of fixing other glitches. I fully accept this would take a while and new content would suffer, but if the game is to make it to another year they have to do something. The game size is currently ridiculous and downloading the entire game is now imo significant.

+1
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    Its an Apple device, its rubbish, throw it in the bin and get something else :twisted: :lol:

And anyway, I thought any device that's name starts with an 'I' were perfection?

The Borg thought they were perfection, Captain Janeway took care of them...

My old iPhone thought it was perfection and it met its end with a nice big lump hammer, I took so much pleasure smashing it to pieces, now it really is perfection, in pieces :lol::lol::lol:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    mpwarner wrote:

And on a serious note, this is a very sensible solution to the problem +1 :thumbup:
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    i run into this issue all the time on my ipad. Generally need to remove photos and some larger apps
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited July 2014
    Yes, my 1 yr subscription to Soap Opera Digest eats up a ton of memory so every wee I uninstall it, then on Sat orvSun when the new issue comes out I reinstall it. A huge hassle but it works for me.
  • bubsx3
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Its an Apple device, its rubbish, throw it in the bin and get something else :twisted: :lol:

And anyway, I thought any device that's name starts with an 'I' were perfection?

The Borg thought they were perfection, Captain Janeway took care of them...

My old iPhone thought it was perfection and it met its end with a nice big lump hammer, I took so much pleasure smashing it to pieces, now it really is perfection, in pieces :lol::lol::lol:

Runs better on iPad at the moment than android -- go in and delete games you don't play anymore and turn off photo stream cos that takes space too
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Abodame99 wrote:
    When I start the game, a message comes up and says I need more storage. I checked my iCloud and it said I still have 3gb available. Any ipad guys can help me out?

iPad memory is not the same as iCloud memory.

iCloud memory is for you to backup online. This has nothing to do with playing TSTO, b'cos your TSTO is already backup at Origin. (Unless u have not open an Origin account)

iPad memory is in your device. You need to free up at least 5GB memory in your iPad to play TSTO smoothly. If u really can't free up any more memory, then it's time to upgrade your iPad.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • hondab16tune
    223 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Not a device issue. This again proves my point that 99.9% of issues on any IOS device are caused by memory.

This is caused by having too any things on your device with not enough memory for them. This game NEEDS around 5GB of free space to operate smoothly. Anything less than that you will occasionally get stutters, freezes, or kicked out when you visit friends with a lot of stuff in their town.

Go into your settings and check storage. There are probably many things you can delete to free up the space.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Not a device issue. ...99.9% of issues on any IOS device are caused by memory.
    I'm so shocked you'd say it's only a device issue on android. (I guess that means we never have memory issues on android. I guess that's good.)
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    The 'usage' landing page will show you what your iCloud usage is doing but above that you can expand on other system functions and apps that have memory allocated to them. This is normally from highest to lowest, and I would suggest that you remove a few apps...

I did this the other day because even with 3.5GB of memory I was experiencing some lag in the game, not much but enough for me to wonder if I could sort it out myself. Long story short I freed an addition 2GB up and it works far better :)

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.