EA Forums - Banner

TSTO's Worst Run in Memory

Prev13456
Wow, more people complaining about a free game. * you people are entitled, whiny little sadacts.

Replies

• panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Again, it's not a free game. Second, it's not about entitlement it's about product purchasing. EA has a history of suck. There are entire memes made up designed around EA not listening to their customers.

KL is boring, this is a terrible update.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    Also, stonecutters was awesome event.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2014
    Sheesh op, what should EA do to make it all better?

Edit: Stonecutters was one of the best events so far.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    First...It is a free game. You can play this game and have a hell of a lot of fun without spending a dime.

Second...the stonecutters event was great. Universally loved by all. Shut up.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    Wow, more people complaining about a free game. * you people are entitled, whiny little sadacts.

From my point of view, i don't see it as a sense of entitlemant, but a sense of value for money, and if you add up the costs of the premium items, your paying a hell of a lot more money for this than you would for a console game. I've stated opn many an occasion that premium items are overpriced, and even though the now revealed prices of this update seem to be reasonable, it's just for KL, just wait until Springfield gets another update, you will be charged through the roof again. The pricing of donuts is outdated with the newer prices EA have been charging, £6.99 for 132 donuts or £13.99 for 300 donuts. Hmmm... those quantities are not going to get you much based on the current prices of released premium items by EA in this game. Lets also mention that EA are claiming to be targeting their customers with the premium purchases as this is where the money is to be made. Still think it's a free game? Won't be long before freemium players are actually pushed out of playing their because of their pricing policy
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Sheesh op, what should EA do to make it all better?

Edit: Stonecutters was one of the best events so far.

yeah, I think we can all agree OP is completely wrong about Stonecutters and is a whiny baby.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    First...It is a free game. You can play this game and have a hell of a lot of fun without spending a dime.

Actually it's a profit based game for ea designed to make them $$. Some content of the game is free that doesn't make it a free game.
  • ZennGlenn
    1765 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    LAME complaints IMHO :!:
    ...I'm in quite the opposite corner;
    Totally digging summer... began with absolutely outstanding full month of June Stonecutters, carried right into fun 4th w/ stuff that was new for those if us who began last December along w/outstanding satire dialogue for Lincoln & Washington, & now a reasonable lull before a likely August update, rumored major Sept. ordeal, & of course Halloween :wink:

Don't like it, lump it :P
  • botiacelli8
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    1st off: defenders of tsto, it'll all be ok, take a deep breath.

2nd: I've spent well over $100 on this game which makes it the single most expensive game that I have ever played. (Runner up was lufia 2 for $80 I believe in 1996)

3rd: just calling a spade a spade it's been a pretty lame summer for tsto. I enjoyed stonecutters but that's it.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited July 2014

-stonecutters update: fun but didn't add much

What the hell happened to this game?!?!

Are you joking?

Stonecutter Lodge
    Stonecutter Daycare
    Stonecutter Table
    Devil's Anvil
    Ark of the Stone Covenant
    Stone of Triumph
    Sacred Parchment
    Hieroglyph wall
    Twisty Slide
    Number One
    skins for more characters than I care to type with associated new tasks

And that's just the free stuff we got...
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

Actually it's a profit based game for ea designed to make them $$. Some content of the game is free that doesn't make it a free game.

You're right. And it's not free to swim in the ocean because you have to pay for a swimsuit. Congratulations on your logic.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    - lack of updates in general

We've had one like every 2-3 weeks. Back in the beginning of the year we were lucky for 1 a month (including tie-ins)

So a bunch of decorations, 2 buildings, and like numerous skins and character is "not much?"
    - 4th: overpriced presidents premium galore

Only if you didn't play last year. Only had 1 premium character this time around
    - All premium recycled yardsale

Agreed, but was thankful I had everything already except the new skin for Marge.
    - All krustyland update, never heard of princess p, recycled decorations

Much deserved update! There's been no major updates to it till now.
    - still no land

None was needed for this update... but yes we definitely need more.

Nothing, it's been doing what it did last summer. Level updates every 2 weeks, an event/expansion early summer, and a much needed update to KL since it's expansion. The yard sale last year was super expansive too (300 donuts for 1 of everything). This yard sale only had 90 donuts, assuming you've played since Halloween 2012.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Stop The Presses.....

We have someone who's gonna break it down for us.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

You can play all the levels without spending a dime. Free.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    teo47 wrote:

Are you joking?

Stonecutter Lodge
    Stonecutter Daycare
    Stonecutter Table
    Devil's Anvil
    Ark of the Stone Covenant
    Stone of Triumph
    Sacred Parchment
    Hieroglyph wall
    Twisty Slide
    Number One
    skins for more characters than I care to type with associated new tasks

And that's just the free stuff we got...

We may have our differences but i'm 100% going to agree with you about the Stonecutters event, that was one of the best ever in TSTO history. Everything was SC related, no random stuff all over the place. The premium items were well priced as well (except for a couple which were a tadd steep, but worth it to have the complete event package in the game). The free stuff was immense. It was everything players liked about events and no wheel of chance etc. Defo best event ever
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

It's still a free game if you want it to be.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

That doesn't make it a free game. If there are $ to be spent it's not free. EA wouldn't do more content if it were free. Therefore NOT free.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

That doesn't make it a free game. If there are $ to be spent it's not free. EA wouldn't do more content if it were free. Therefore NOT free.

At this moment in time I can download the app and start playing without spending a penny. Ergo free.

I can however see how donut transactions do fund the game for the fremium masses in the long run.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:

You're not making any sense.

Do you need to spend money to download it?
    Do you have to spend money to play all 43 levels?

No.

Free.
  • Doctajones1
    11 posts
    edited July 2014
    I disagree OP.
    I feel like biweekly updates (save the last one: the yard sale) have been on par with the previous ones. New building or 2, some premium items, short quest line. I feel like the events are ever improving. The Stonecutter thing was awesome with multiple objectives and I admire them for not just throwing Whacking Day at us, but instead creating a whole new event.

I was bummed about not getting a real update for mid-july, but hopefully they were allocating their resources towards this next Update/event. So i personally will hold judgement until the next update.

Oh, and to all the ppl rushing thoughtlessly to EA's defense and criticizing OP's "sense of entitlement" just Shhhh pls. My time, attention, and money (and yours) are valuable. EA earned mine with this game, but need to keep earning it. If they dont then I'll delete as soon as someone comes along with something better (as we all should). If we dont demand excellence then devs/companies will get complacent and just give us recycled/inferior products. Henceforth: complain loudly and often (lol as if I needed to tell the internet this)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.