EA Forums - Banner

Ghostbusters movies

Prev13
Dan Ackroyd said in a recent interview that another movie in this franchise is in the works....

Replies

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Ghostbusters as well. Also I'm curious, why buy anything on Blue Ray? I'm sure it will be obsolete in 5 years. By the end of this year I plan on having all my media in digital format on a external hard drive.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I dread the new Ghostbusters movie (whenever it finally gets made), it's going to be sooooo crap!
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Ghostbusters as well. Also I'm curious, why buy anything on Blue Ray? I'm sure it will be obsolete in 5 years. By the end of this year I plan on having all my media in digital format on a external hard drive.

Physical media will never disappear.
    Also i buy everything on dvd or blu ray because i'm a collection builder.
    I've got thousands of movies on dvd :lol:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Hmm I'm gonna have to check this out. I've been wanting to see some classics lately, and seeing something in HD is always a lot better and easier on the eyes. :lol:
    "The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of the future will be the anti-❤️❤️❤️❤️."
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

I also buy blu rays, love collection sets.

direwolf, from where do you buy your digital movies? I'm mostly familiar with using Amazon, but those don't include any special features, and you can only stream them, so I don't really buy much there.

I haven't seen Ghostbusters in a long time. I would def be interested in this collection.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

direwolf, from where do you buy your digital movies? I'm mostly familiar with using Amazon, but those don't include any special features, and you can only stream them, so I don't really buy much there.

I haven't seen Ghostbusters in a long time. I would def be interested in this collection.

I haven't bought a new movie in years. I'm in the process of switching all my DVD to digital form. Sometimes I record shows that are on Netflix or cable. It's the same as recording something with a VHS tape, just more modern. The same laws apply.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited July 2014
    To answer the question about whay i choose physical media instead of digital, it's simple really, anyhting can happen with digital, HDD failure, corrupt files, monthlky costs etc, so i prefer to go into a shop and buy the movie on Blu-Ray or DVD, i have it for life, it's mine, job done. The only danger is the disc getting damaged, and believe me, i'm very proud of my movie collection and absolutely no-one gets near it to cause any kind of risks like that.

There has been talks of a Ghostbusters 3 for a long time, but each time it stalled due to Bill Murray not wanting to reprise his role of Peter Venkman unless he was killed off, however, Bill Murray eventually agreed to it, and then sadly, we had the passing of Harold Ramis, which looks to have caused another stumbling block as the original director Ivan Reitman has decided he won't work on it. As Juliet said, i am also worried about the franchise if they do a third one, Ghostbusers II is also a cult classic but just nowhere near as popular as Ghostbusters I - I think it has to be a reboot of the franchise, i can't see it working any other way. It worked for Star Trek in a way wqith the 2009 reboot

While on the subject of Ghostbusters, did anyone ever play the official 'Ghostbusters Video Game' that was released for the XBox360 (or other consoles)? I did, and i loved it, really really fun to play, actual voice work by the original cast, some added extras with even more guest stars (cameos - VIGO is one of the voices if you view the painting). If yo uhaven't played it before, i totally recommend it to everyone, it's just so much fun :mrgreen:
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

I haven't bought a new movie in years. I'm in the process of switching all my DVD to digital form. Sometimes I record shows that are on Netflix or cable. It's the same as recording something with a VHS tape, just more modern. The same laws apply.
    I'd be careful with that, as I don't think it is 100% true. I work in the legal field, but am not an expert in this topic and am not lawyer.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

I'd be careful with that, as I don't think it is 100% true. I work in the legal field, but am not an expert in this topic and am not lawyer.

Me neither but from what I read about the Fare Use Act, as long as you are not "sharing" it with other people, making money off of it, using it for only personal use, or not reproduction it or making a similar movie with it, then you should be fine. We will find out if the "they" read this forum real soon :)

Edit: dave3490, I apologize for derailing your thread. Back to Ghostbusters. I really hope they come out with a third one :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    The original Ghostbusters was awesome love that film :D

"Hey.....Where these stairs go?!"

"They go up!!"

:lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    For those of you who said you haven't seen the movies in years, you should live over here... I swear one of them is on TV every other weekend! :shock: :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    For those of you who said you haven't seen the movies in years, you should live over here... I swear one of them is on TV every other weekend! :shock: :lol:

Really? I can't remember tge last time they played Ghostbusters here, yes we from same country :P
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

Really? I can't remember tge last time they played Ghostbusters here, yes we from same country :P

lol keep your eyes out on TV listings for Saturday and Sunday afternoons / evenings! I guarantee at least one of the films will be on by the end of August! :P I think it's usually channel 5 that shows them, but it could be Ch4
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    juliet603 wrote:

lol keep your eyes out on TV listings for Saturday and Sunday afternoons / evenings! I guarantee at least one of the films will be on by the end of August! :P I think it's usually channel 5 that shows them, but it could be Ch4

I will keep my eyes open now for the film :) be funny if you right :lol:
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Just like Dragnet and The Burbs... on every month lol! It used to be Kindergarten Cop, that was literally on every week for a while! :lol:

Those are great movies. They are never on in my region. But GB2 was on two weekend ago here :lol:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Just like Dragnet and The Burbs... on every month lol! It used to be Kindergarten Cop, that was literally on every week for a while! :lol:

Those are great movies. They are never on in my region. But GB2 was on two weekend ago here :lol:

Dragnet and The Burbs are definitely great movies, but when they're on so much you have to actually avoid watching them sometimes just in case you get sick of them! :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    I totally agree about the burbs being on quite a bit as for dragnet that was on a month or so ago and it was the 1st time I've seen it on tv for ages, Juliet if you see these movies on it future please PM me cos i must miss them and I always like watching those :)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Sounds good! Though I'm not into Ghostbuster's. :-)
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Now the real question. Which movie is better, Ghostbusters 1 or Ghoustbusters 2. I prefer the second one myself. I find it funnier.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2014
    Now the real question. Which movie is better, Ghostbusters 1 or Ghoustbusters 2. I prefer the second one myself. I find it funnier.

Personally it the 1st one for me :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!