EA Forums - Banner

Donut Welfare Program Starts Today!! 132 Free Donuts!! iSO users only

Prev1
I didn't hate it. I liked it.

Replies

• OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The Donut Welfare Program Starts Today!!

First Person to explain why the majority hated the new Krustyland update gets a free $10 iTunes gift card!!
    Which you can then use for a tray of 132 donuts. I'll PM the code for the iTunes gift card to the winner.

Go!!

I'm british so I'm probably excluded, but it was disliked because it wasn't a spring field update. People don't like krustyland. It's as simple as that. The building was also too small and the character too insignificant for most users.
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The majority hate the Krustyland update because the update did not involve their Springfield. Long ago most abandoned their Krustyland for many reasons 1. too difficult to get all the land 2. not enough decorations / items 3. additional time to log on to a second city. Most likely TSTO players joined to control a Springfield and Krustyland is not Springfield. They would a have chosen a different game had they been interested in a theme park.

So people were unhappy that Springfield was not the focus - no new buildings for Springfield and no new land. This game is based on the concept of building and decorating the Simpson's town. Frustrating is boiling over the inability to do just that because of the scarcity of land and the lack of new SF content in this update. Also the character added is an unexpected and disappointing choice.

The reason why people complain is because they care and they are anticipating new and exciting additions to their town. When an update does not garner to their expectations they feel let down and complaining follows.

Also, EA does seem to pay attention and implement at least some ideas that are generated on this board. Therefore, complaining can produce a desired result in the future.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited July 2014
    Best update ever. No premium char so I could save donuts for halloween, and no cash buildings so I can save money for the zirconia.
  • Pickwick_Next33
    51 posts
    edited July 2014
    Generalized Vercua Salt temperaments? "I want what I want and I want it NOW!" Most have ignored Krustyland, so they had to wait to start new quests?
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited July 2014
    People put their main effort in SF and kinda neglect KL while they spend their hard saved donuts on buildings and characters for SF... therefore when there is an update that features only KL rides it bums them out, especially when they expected an update and be surprised to see it's focus on their neglected theme park.

[edit: i don't think that iTunes gift cards are available in my country so that keeps me out the donut reach]
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited July 2014
    Darn, I like this update, and I like your avatar.

My guess is it players who are bored with the game, and nothing is good enough. They are really ready to move on, but still kind of love the game, so they hang on unhappy, but hoping that the game will some how bring back the old spark. The game is still the game and won't change. The game tries new things like spinning wheels and old favorites, but nothing works. The players either need to accept the game for what it is or move on a find new love with a new game, so sad :cry:

Happy tapping to all :)
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    proallu123 wrote:

Sorry you're not the majority but I'm glad you're enjoying the update.

A lot of good responses so far but not the answers I'm looking for.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Because they will never be satisfied any more than you will ever give away money.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I always support KL, because SF is too cramped! ... I play Hayday and other similar games, they always span over to additional lands because the primary land is mostly over-crowded... How I wish TSTO can be expanded to more lands in addition to KL, this will loosen the resource constraints in the main SF land.

Thanks for gift card offer, I'd pass. I enjoy sharing of comments, not b'cos of prizes. 8)
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    proallu123 wrote:

You said the first person to explain why the majority hate the update. We have each explained reasons why the update is disliked. We fillifilled your 'quest' if you will.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Because they will never be satisfied any more than you will ever give away money.
    To many Josh's of the forum, sadly, they will never be satisfied as you said.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll take a crack at it...though it may * some people off.

Basically. People are unjustly entitled whiners. EA is a business and should be expected to try to make money. The fact that they give us free content at all (especially as much as they have given us) should be enough to make people happy yet for some reason it isn't.

When you couple this with the fact that KL was updated before adding more important things like more land (heck that's probably the primary reason people were pissed right there) or main characters like maggie, sideshow bob, etc. it makes people act irrationally stupid and ungrateful.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    proallu123 wrote:

You said the first person to explain why the majority hate the update. We have each explained reasons why the update is disliked. We fillifilled your 'quest' if you will.

Doesn't mean those are the answers I'm looking for.
    The answer if very simple to find BTW.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The Donut Welfare Program Starts Today!!

First Person to explain why the majority hated the new Krustyland update gets a free $10 iTunes gift card!!
    Which you can then use for a tray of 132 donuts. I'll PM the code for the iTunes gift card to the winner.

Go!!

The majority of what? Of the absurdly low number of people who are registered this forum? Or of the microscopic few who have posted in this forum in the past day and a half since it hit? Or of the millions of players of the game?

You have absolutely no credible evidence that any meaningful "majority" hated this update.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    proallu123 wrote:

Doesn't mean those are the answers I'm looking for.

Would of been a tad easier if you'd mentioned you wanted a specific answer.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Seeing as the answer to the question is subjective...and he's offering free money basically...chill out everyone.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

Even Nino Brown handed out turkeys

I'd even be willing to give the iTunes code to a mod and tell them the answer I'm looking for and they can give it out to the person with the correct answer.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Simple to find? Well then...
    Krustyland is a mistake the developers wish they could take back. People want to invest in their Springfields not something that's just an after thought.
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Warm...
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Simple to find? Well then...
    Krustyland is a mistake the developers wish they could take back. People want to invest in their Springfields not something that's just an after thought.

Personally I don't think that's the complete reason some of the forum users dislike the updates. There's many reasons that all contribute to it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.