EA Forums - Banner

Scratch-R. Am I the only one?

Prev134
I've seen a couple of threads recently pertaining to players winning on the Golden Scratch-R (I've only ever bought 2 of those, and won a whopping 12 donuts, sarcastic "yay" not included), but I want to ask the forum about the regular, old, boring 250 in-game dollar Scratch-R. I know I'm a relative newbie to the game (started in mid-October of last year) and even newer to the forum. But damn it, I've only missed ONE day in the game (ONE freakin' day!) and I've never gotten the jackpot. EVER! Matter of fact, whenever I get an axe on a Scratch-R, it always pays out $350. I play them incessantly (even $100 is found money) and I know EA doesn't care about me anymore than anyone else who pays their bills (since I've spent a LOT of money on this game), but am I missing something? Is there a technique I don't know about? I'm really hacked off about this! Please let me know, dear forumreenos, if any of you out there have never gotten those three sneaky axes. TL;DR I'm mad because I've NEVER won $10,000 on a Scratch-R. Please tell me I'm not alone.

It's not you...it's me.

Replies

• lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Not sure how long you've been playing. I've been playing around 4-5 months and have hit the jackpot twice. I open 2 scratchers a day. The last jackpot however was several months ago. It's been driving me nuts lately that I haven't hit it...although 10k really isn't a huge difference at this point when I'm making $140-$150k per day.

I did however get $40k from a dog race today.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, JimJ321, so far we're alone together. :oops: Incidentally, I was just trying to get you into a thread about an alleged update, that is thankfully now locked. I needed you to do your thing, but Bravewall put a kibosh on an almost certain troll instead! *Edited for clarification.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited July 2014
    I love me some regular Scratch-R's! ive prolly only won the Jackpot twice though, and ive been playing since the Christmas Event 2013
  • cripplers2
    95 posts
    edited July 2014
    I won a jackpot after maybe 4 or 5 months. I don't play it at all anymore since $10 000 is nothing.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Been playing since April and haven't hit the jackpot yet. But I did win 200K on the dogs once, so I'm not complaining.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Been playing since April and haven't hit the jackpot yet. But I did win 200K on the dogs once, so I'm not complaining.
    In case no one else has said it, welcome to the forum! :D I can't even complain about the dog track, because when I do rarely bet, it's always on whichever dog has 2 to 1 odds. For about several months, they wouldn't even let me win that. Congratulations on your win, though. I've only had the guts to go for THAT jackpot a few times. Never won. :cry:
  • tracydudge118
    154 posts
    edited July 2014
    I've been playng almost one year and I've won the jackpot more than once. I'm guessing at least 2 if not 3 times. It is definitely rare but it does happen. Unfortunately I didn't buy the golden scratcher any of those times so i got the extra $10k instead of 100 donuts. But I'm not complaining, game money is still fun to win.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    In case no one else has said it, welcome to the forum! :D I can't even complain about the dog track, because when I do rarely bet, it's always on whichever dog has 2 to 1 odds. For about several months, they wouldn't even let me win that. Congratulations on your win, though. I've only had the guts to go for THAT jackpot a few times. Never won. :cry:

Someone suggested picking the same dog every time. Since I started doing it I've won at least 8 times. Still have yet to hit the $200k but I've hit the $20k and $40k several times.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:

Someone suggested picking the same dog every time. Since I started doing it I've won at least 8 times. Still have yet to hit the $200k but I've hit the $20k and $40k several times.
    I've heard that works for some players, and I even tried it myself for a while. Good ol' Drool Britannia! Maybe I just didn't give it long enough, because I never won more than $6000. :cry: Still, found money! :-) Congratulations on your wins, though. To badly paraphrase Bullwinkle J. Moose, that's antihistamine money. It's not to be sneezed at.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've won three or four times. Sorry :?
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Eh, I'm not gonna take it personally, against you or anyone else who has won. Now, EA, on the other hand...that's a completely different matter. :lol: Congratulations on your winnings. :D
  • Samaranth01
    2181 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Think I've won it 2 or 3 times. Can't even begin to guess how many scratchers I've gone through to get those. Mostly I get small stuff, but bucks are bucks. :-)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Eh, I'm not gonna take it personally, against you or anyone else who has won. Now, EA, on the other hand...that's a completely different matter. :lol: Congratulations on your winnings. :D
    Thankee. (I have completely crap luck on the golden ones, though. Gave up on them.)
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Think I've won it 2 or 3 times. Can't even begin to guess how many scratchers I've gone through to get those. Mostly I get small stuff, but bucks are bucks. :-)
    Congratulations on your wins. :-) I seem to get quite a few higher payouts, but so far no luck on the big score. :cry: But, as you pointed out about any money being profit, as Moira Brown would say: "AB-SO-LUTELY!" *Extra special bonus happy fun points awarded to everyone who gets that silly reference*
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I've had this a few times
    MGcT3Zo.jpg?1
    But was super excited the second time I tried a golden scratcher and it hit for the 100 donuts.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    GeminiTina wrote:
    I've had this a few times
    MGcT3Zo.jpg?1
    But was super excited the second time I tried a golden scratcher and it hit for the 100 donuts.
    :shock: Howzabout sending a little bit of that good fortune my way? Pretty please with sugar on? No, but seriously, good on you! :thumbup:
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: Howzabout sending a little bit of that good fortune my way? Pretty please with sugar on? No, but seriously, good on you! :thumbup:
    I seem to vaguely remember some college professor talking about the power of visualization. I guess now that you've seen it, you can test the theory. :wink:
  • kenalbon89
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Give me 100 donuts over $10k any day of the year... hell, I'd happily forego a chance to win 100k if EA felt better about it :P I have won as much as $2500 before and that was recently.

Funny to think that when I first started I thought that the jackpot of $10k would change my SF life :? that wouldn't even touch sides any more. Most donuts won was either 12 or 24 but on a recent purchase, winning 12, my account was only credited with 6 of them. I immediately shut the app down to complain to EA but decided to log back in and allocate the rest of my characters their tasks first (no point in falling off the weekend schedule, right? :roll: ). To my surprise, and confusion, I landed on the screen for the Golden Scratch-r. I scratched it and won 12 donuts, before I could see them allocated the screen glitched and I had a fresh scratch-r to use which I won 6 donuts on. Everything was back to normal after that and I had the full amount from all 3 winnings in my donut balance. :D

Common sense dictated that I spend them all before EA realised the error and took them away :twisted: :wink:
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Playing since March, won 5 times.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    Give me 100 donuts over $10k any day of the year... hell, I'd happily forego a chance to win 100k if EA felt better about it :P I have won as much as $2500 before and that was recently.

Funny to think that when I first started I thought that the jackpot of $10k would change my SF life :? that wouldn't even touch sides any more. Most donuts won was either 12 or 24 but on a recent purchase, winning 12, my account was only credited with 6 of them. I immediately shut the app down to complain to EA but decided to log back in and allocate the rest of my characters their tasks first (no point in falling off the weekend schedule, right? :roll: ). To my surprise, and confusion, I landed on the screen for the Golden Scratch-r. I scratched it and won 12 donuts, before I could see them allocated the screen glitched and I had a fresh scratch-r to use which I won 6 donuts on. Everything was back to normal after that and I had the full amount from all 3 winnings in my donut balance. :D

Common sense dictated that I spend them all before EA realised the error and took them away :twisted: :wink:
    It's funny when you're first starting out and desperately need that in-game cash. Since I started mid October, I was caught up in the hubbub of playing catch-up during Halloween, which I was too silly to realize was a limited time, seasonal event. Oh, to be so na?ve again. Simpler times. Suffice to say, I focused primarily on housefarming, and missed out on a bunch of nifty, spooky goodies. Congratulations on some glitchy good luck, on your part. Since it wasn't your fault, I can't say I'd fault you for spending them. Not sure how you'd go about even attempting to rectify such a thing even if you wanted to. In my mind, you contact EA, and patiently explain to them they gave you extra donuts. EA says, "Oh, I see, let me just correct that for you". The erroneous donuts vanish from your account. EA walks away, quietly saying "Sucker" under their breath, possibly while twirling a Snidely Whiplash-style mustache. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!