EA Forums - Banner

Annoying Neighbours!

Prev134
Live on a corner of 2 roads in a neighborhood. The neighbor behind the house has annoying * dogs that bark a lot, next door to the left is empty now but they had an annoying dog as well. To the right of the house is one of the streets so only have to put up with the annoying ones that are on the other side of the backyard.

Replies

• loriacatlady
    274 posts
    edited July 2014
    If my kid did that I would burn the recorders.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking about it. We've been back from vacation 24 hours and I wanna break into the yard and steal them. Thank god we are leaving in the am again!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Got a bloke next door who lives by himself, probably late 50's. Wife left him apparently, before I moved in and has never had kids. Nice guy and all and I realise he is lonely, but it's come to the point where I don't want to go outside because as soon as he hears my door open, he is straight outside waiting on his drive way for a chat. I have to sneak out. Sometimes I will beat him out and manage to get into my garage and roll the door down, he will wait there, once over an 1 and a half, just to catch me. It's getting a tad but annoying now, but I don't know how to tell him to back off. Even when iam outside playing with my kids, he gets me, even if I pretend to ignore him and I only get 1 day a week to spend with my kids.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking about it. We've been back from vacation 24 hours and I wanna break into the yard and steal them. Thank god we are leaving in the am again!

So if we don't hear from you after awhile is it safe to assume you been locked up for trespassing? :P
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Got a bloke next door who lives by himself, probably late 50's. Wife left him apparently, before I moved in and has never had kids. Nice guy and all and I realise he is lonely, but it's come to the point where I don't want to go outside because as soon as he hears my door open, he is straight outside waiting on his drive way for a chat. I have to sneak out. Sometimes I will beat him out and manage to get into my garage and roll the door down, he will wait there, once over an 1 and a half, just to catch me. It's getting a tad but annoying now, but I don't know how to tell him to back off. Even when iam outside playing with my kids, he gets me, even if I pretend to ignore him and I only get 1 day a week to spend with my kids.

This is why I love attached garages in this area. Sometimes I just don't wanna talk to people. TBH I do t know if he'd bk off even if you told him too 0_o. That's rough.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

So if we don't hear from you after awhile is it safe to assume you been locked up for trespassing? :P

Yup, that or I'm in a dead zone, probably the dead zone thing.
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

If I hear about someone going nuts on a bunch of recorders I know it's you :lol:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    The kids who live behind me actually play on my house. They set up their toys on my patio and sit on my back stairs. It makes me absolutely effing crazy!! There are also some super crazy drunks who live across the street from me, they do nothing but sit on their front porch all day and scream a running commentary about what everyone in the neighborhood is doing.

So yes. I totally feel you with the annoying neighbors. :)
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Since I can't vent in my real life on Facebook I thought I'd vent here 8) anyone got any real annoying neighbours? We are currently kidless but we live in suburbia so we're surrounded by families. Which is fine, normally. But our neighbours have twin girls, they are 7 now and have both discovered the recorder. In order for our neighbour to stay sane she kicks them Into the backyard to play them. It's too hot in our house to close the windows and our family room window faces their backyard. FML. Even our dog runs and hides when they start. Well that's my vent. Reason 7000 not to have kids! 8)

for $1.50 and a hand written note dropped in their mailbox that reads....

"So your kids can practice indoors.
    From your very nice, yet very close neighbors"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMITH-AND-WESSON-QUIK-FIT-EAR-PLUGS-WITH-CORD-FREE-SHIP-USA-/251595220612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a943e6684

just might work :wink:
  • TheThrashMan
    365 posts
    edited July 2014
    Time to invest in some proper gear and learn to play death metal. Death Metal > recorder.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't want to discuss my neighbors. They don't hurt me, so I don't hurt them.
  • annettemarc
    7734 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Does an elementary school count? We are directly across the street from the kindergarten playground area. There is apparently a chromosomal component in every five and six year-old child that forces them to shriek and scream at the top of their lungs every three seconds. Put forty of them together and ... Well ...
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited July 2014
    I live in an apartment complex with about 500 apartments. I swear to god at least 25% of the people here have kids under 10.

They're everywhere! The pool is two streets down (there 3 streets in my complex lol it's a big oval) and I can hear them like they're right outside my apartment. And some of them are out there til 11am!!! I've got a teenage neighbor next door learning to play guitar. He's got decent taste in music but goddamn I am so sick of hearing him practice the same 3 songs all day.

I'm so tired of having to wear headphones and earplugs 24/7. They don't even block out all the noise.

I just want to read a book in peace!!!

• KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited July 2014
    I live in an apartment complex with about 500 apartments. I swear to god at least 25% of the people here have kids under 10.

They're everywhere! The pool is two streets down (there 3 streets in my complex lol it's a big oval) and I can hear them like they're right outside my apartment. And some of them are out there til 11am!!! I've got a teenage neighbor next door learning to play guitar. He's got decent taste in music but goddamn I am so sick of hearing him practice the same 3 songs all day.

I'm so tired of having to wear headphones and earplugs 24/7. They don't even block out all the noise.

Whats wrong with 11am? :?
  • cakeinvestigator
    121 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:

Whats wrong with 11am? :?

oops meant 11pm lol
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Annoying neighbours you ask? Mate.... Where to begin! :lol:

WARNING EPIC RANT

I live 2 streets over from housing commission which is where all the drug dens are. Terrible neighbours in abundance.

To the left and across are the domestics, it used to be Hot Neighbour Who Cheats on his 3 girlfriends but he started renting it out. He chooses horrible tenants that change to worse ones. They're constantly having huge fights, throwing eachother and their kids into walls. Punching their dog because it gets out (try exercising it for once you piece of crap). Let's not forget their weeknight parties where they have domestics with their friends too, they need to get a job. I don't like the involve myself with my neighbours but I've had to call the cops on them numerous times. It makes me really angry and I'll be damned if I'm going to let an animal suffer!

Next to them and directly across from me is a nice old lady but no one can park on the curb in front of my house. She's backed into every car that's parked there, it's not a wide street but it's not narrow either. She has enough room. I understand though, things slip when you get older, maybe time for trip to get her eyes checked.

To my right are the Car Park People. They are genuinely nice people most of the time. But they're quite irresponsible with their children and pets. They let both roam. That's their problem if both didn't come into my yard all the time. My gardens are not their mangy cats' litter box. Can't leave my dog outside unsupervised because being a dog he thinks cat poo is a fine delicacy and will dig it up, getting it all over himself. Disgusting. The cats also think our yard is theirs and get stuck in the shed all the time. It's cluttered in there. If they die, the smell would be rancid before we found them. They have multiples of every house pet possible. Which is noisy but whatever, they moved the aviary to the other neighbour's side when we complained about the smell. Their dogs are yappy things that bark at everything.
    But Cookie, you ask, why are they named the car park people? There is a minimum of 5 cars parked there daily. I think the father is retired and she's a stay at home mum, they foster children, but that only covers 2 cars. The rest old mate works on or they just sit there. Front and backyard looks like an episode of hoarders.

To my left is my favourite neighbour. The empty house up for sale. It's used to have a couple and their 3 kids (bloody kids everywhere ugh) but when they split up I don't think she could afford it on her own. They were a quieter version of the Domestics and more neglectful then violent. They left the dogs there for 2 weeks after they moved out. No food, no water. I don't care what the circumstances are, maybe their new rental didn't allow pets, but if that was the case she should have been there every day to feed them at least. We didn't have a dog at the time but I bought dog food and went over everyday to feed them, give them water (it was summer) and a little attention.
    The new owner didn't move in. They would drop around randomly to renovate the house and it's been up for sale for a while now. They want too much. We shall have to wait and see what kind of people move in.

I hate this side of town. I miss my old suburb which had wide streets, big trees, huge yards and better neighbours :roll:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I live in a building in what's suppose to be one of the best neighborhoods in NY, but I got unlucky enough with a neighbor who loves music. That's not a bad thing per se because I love music as well. In fact I work as a sound engineer, and own my own recording studio. What's annoying about this person is they have terrible taste in music, and instead of listening to music at a normal volume they seem to think everyone should hear the crap their listening to. FML! :roll:

What's worse is they keep denying it when neighbors complain to them about the noise. I can't wait for the day they get evicted.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:

This is why I love attached garages in this area. Sometimes I just don't wanna talk to people. TBH I do t know if he'd bk off even if you told him too 0_o. That's rough.

Ohh yeah, like I said,he is a really nice guy and I do feel sorry for him but iam out of ideas. Even if I ignore him when iam outside, he will keep trying to the point I HAVE to take notice or ill come accross as just a plan *. He flys model planes and I know when he has brought a new one or modified his old one because he knocks onto door. For some reason he thinks because I like cars I'd love planes to.
  • panopticnic
    1820 posts
    edited July 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:

If I hear about someone going nuts on a bunch of recorders I know it's you :lol:

Lol!
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    I live in a building in what's suppose to be one of the best neighborhoods in NY, but I got unlucky enough with a neighbor who loves music. That's not a bad thing per se because I love music as well. In fact I work as a sound engineer, and own my own recording studio. What's annoying about this person is they have terrible taste in music, and instead of listening to music at a normal volume they seem to think everyone should hear the crap their listening to. FML! :roll:

What's worse is they keep denying it when neighbors complain to them about the noise. I can't wait for the day they get evicted.

Too bad you don't live in a house. For people like that, id turn there water main of at the front of the house (at night mind you, so you can't be seen) and crap in the hole and hide some where and watch them reach in and turn it back on, priceless. WARNING - laughter must be contained in risk of being caught. Keep denying it. Wait till its rush he in the house, like when people are having showers or cooking dinner.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!