EA Forums - Banner

Changing Devices

Install the game on your new device. Force close after it starts the new game. Log into Origin. Your town should appear. I've gone back and forth without any difficulty.

Replies

• Pickwick_Next33
    51 posts
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! I haven't made the jump yet-but one of the things holding me back (aside from my wireless provider's early upgrade fee) was potentially losing my Springfield.

8)
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! I haven't made the jump yet-but one of the things holding me back (aside from my wireless provider's early upgrade fee) was potentially losing my Springfield.

8)

I wish you nothing but good luck with your device switch. May you have many years of happy tapping ahead.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited July 2014

8)

Your town doesn't reside on your device. It is stored on the Big EA Server In The Sky. Like emails in a hotmail account. Your device is nothing more than a portal.

When you log out (and in), you see "synchronizing" appear on your screen. That's just checking the servers, and saving (or grabbing) the most current version of your town. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Quick tip for force closing easier: Hit the multitask button, the one on the bottom right that looks like two squares, and swipe up or down to remove TSTO (or whatever) from the list, and that's a much quicker way than going to settings, apps, etc... BTW, if you're holding your phone vertical, swipe left or right.

Hope that helps out. Enjoy your new big phone! :)
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I switched from an ipod to my Galaxy S4 for the exact same reason and had no problems at all. Happy tapping!
  • adamscottc
    50 posts
    edited July 2014
    I plan on making a similar switch later this year, good to know it's all good. Any issues on Android not present on iOS?
  • lauriegator
    306 posts
    edited July 2014
    I had no problems going from the iPhone over to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

Currently, I use an iPad and the Note 2 at different times during the day. No problems. I prefer the bigger screen for both devices.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.