EA Forums - Banner

Monorail idea - ties into current Krustyland update

The Monorail should be in Springfield. I don't know why people want an actual working monorail, when the one in the show didn't.

It should just be a stationary Monorail with broken tracks. Let Lyle Lanley have a few tasks associated with it

Honestly this is the best way.

Replies

• mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2014
    The Monorail should be in Springfield. I don't know why people want an actual working monorail, when the one in the show didn't.

It should just be a stationary Monorail with broken tracks. Let Lyle Lanley have a few tasks associated with it

Honestly this is the best way.

+1 this
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to have a task that makes the Monorail speed around the town at high speeds. Hopefully we get Nimoy in the update too.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2014
    There is no way the game cannot support an animation of it zipping around town.
    It struggles as it is with animations!!

I've said it so many times but this game needs recoding to improve gameplay and efficiency.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6323 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to have a task that makes the Monorail speed around the town at high speeds. Hopefully we get Nimoy in the update too.

The problem with an actual working one is that people already have issues loading their own Springfield, Krustyland, friends towns, etc....

Now imagine having an actual working one that animates throughout town. It would be a headache. The game won't be able to support the zipping animation. It has troubles with the current animation.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Still want it.... Jebus...
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think if they did introduce a working animated monorail, it would only work for the duration of an event, and then at the end you might get a broken part of it as a decoration type thing.
  • NMayo
    898 posts
    edited July 2014
    it would be cool but the game wouldnt load with a animated one.. it barely loads now without crashing while idling! let alone something flying around our SF or KL..

before we get anymore "updates", i really recommend they just work on fixing the code so that this Game will work properly...
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I too just want a broken rail with the monorail hanging out of itwith Lyle Lanley and monorail homer.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6323 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    I too just want a broken rail with the monorail hanging out of itwith Lyle Lanley and monorail homer.

I would prefer another character to be released alongside Lyle Lanley instead of another skin for Homer

Sebastian Cobb

Sebastian_Cobb.png
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    There is no way the game cannot support an animation of it zipping around town.
    It struggles as it is with animations!!

I've said it so many times but this game needs recoding to improve gameplay and efficiency.

+1 :!:
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:

I would prefer another character to be released alongside Lyle Lanley instead of another skin for Homer

Sebastian Cobb

Sebastian_Cobb.png

Maybe that and lyle lanley could come with the monorail and monorail homer could be premium
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    A working monorail would be a nightmare for lag, connection, etc. Why on earth would Springfielders rebuild the broken one? It would be big and ugly.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Whether it's moving or not, it should definitely be in SF and not in KL.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Whether it's moving or not, it should definitely be in SF and not in KL.

I agree :thumbup:
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I think if they did introduce a working animated monorail, it would only work for the duration of an event, and then at the end you might get a broken part of it as a decoration type thing.

This is actually a very good idea.

Like some have already said it'd probably be a lag nightmare of some devices. But if it's just for the duration of the event there shouldn't be anymore complaint threads than when they've had the spin the wheel for prizes events.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.