EA Forums - Banner

Confirm longer than 24 hrs tasks button

Prev1
Yeah I know what you mean, and I've even grown corn by mistake :?

Replies

• Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited July 2014
    Is it to much to ask for a button that confirms you want to do a task that longer than 24 hours. :?
    I'm getting sick of inadvertently sending Apu on 7 day shifts as you mindlessly tap the 24 hour tasks for everyone. :evil:
    Just store the kwik e mart?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Is it to much to ask for a button that confirms you want to do a task that longer than 24 hours. :?
    I'm getting sick of inadvertently sending Apu on 7 day shifts as you mindlessly tap the 24 hour tasks for everyone. :evil:
    Maybe you should tap slightly less mindlessly. Just enough to pay attention to the numbers.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Just store the kwik e mart?

But that is sucky because then Apu goes to the end of the list.

But if you want a solution, store Apu once, so that Manjula (if you have her) always comes first and they have a joint 24 hour task :)
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Maybe you should tap slightly less mindlessly. Just enough to pay attention to the numbers.

Meh, I do it all the time, even when I'm thinking specifically about not doing it. I just get into a rhythm. Wolfcastle too with his 36 hour task. It's tough when you have eleventy-bazillion characters to set on task.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

Meh, I do it all the time, even when I'm thinking specifically about not doing it. I just get into a rhythm. Wolfcastle too with his 36 hour task. It's tough when you have eleventy-bazillion characters to set on task.
    I have a lot of characters as well :|
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I agree... :-\
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    It's not a big deal. I just leave them on the long task unless I need them for something.

I'd much rather have a "set all characters on XX hour task" button, than a long task confirmation button.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    It's not a big deal. I just leave them on the long task unless I need them for something.

I'd much rather have a "set all characters on XX hour task" button, than a long task confirmation button.

Yes me too. That would be much more useful than an arbitrary confirmation button. I'm not really sure why a long task would require confirmation. Where's the line then? 24 hours might be too long for some people. That would be super annoying to have to tap a confirmation button every time you send someone on a 24 hour task.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    why dont you just store the buildings they come from to stop it???
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • bubsx3
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:

Now that would be awesome
  • lowjeff783
    367 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love that, especially for the corn
  • Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:

That would be really sweet. Though my preferred time is 4 hours and quite a few characters don't have four hour tasks.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:

That would be really sweet. Though my preferred time is 4 hours and quite a few characters don't have four hour tasks.

I think the only one all playable characters have is 12 hours.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    That may be technically true. (I'm a little annoyed that both of Penelope's twelve hour tasks require premium buildings.)
  • Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:

Though I think if you discount the pets then all characters have an hour long task too?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    Though I think if you discount the pets then all characters have an hour long task too?
    If you discount Jub Jub, they all have a 24 hour. If you also discount Stampy, they all have a one hour, and probably all have an eight hour as well. Although at least some of them (of all those lengths) are dual tasks.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    As I'm still grinding tickets to purchase the last of the Krustyland land, and I'm in my game every hour on the hour (crashes permitting), I find it frustrating when Skinner pops up in the middle of the list with his 8-hour sing along task, while I'm assigning everyone else to their 1 hour tasks. Invariably, when I do catch myself in time and scroll to the 30 minute task, I have to tap THAT twice, as if it requires confirmation that I prefer a half hour to 8 hours. What's up with that? :?
  • brittannie54
    175 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    This isn't a big deal for me. Annoying, but the character will soon be free to reset. I'd much rather be able to lock the clean up SF/KL task. Some of my KL debris that was used as design was inadvertently cleaned.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:

Yeah, they'd have to find a work around for that issue, but it wouldn't be too difficult. Just send all of the characters who do have the desired duration on task with the one touch button, and then you can send the leftovers on tasks the regular way.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited July 2014
    This isn't a big deal for me. Annoying, but the character will soon be free to reset. I'd much rather be able to lock the clean up SF/KL task. Some of my KL debris that was used as design was inadvertently cleaned.

Yeah, I wish we could choose what they're going to clean up. Even if you try to move stuff so what you want cleaned up to be closest, they still often go elsewhere. It seems to be pretty random.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.