EA Forums - Banner

Confirm longer than 24 hrs tasks button

2Next

Replies

• jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    But that is sucky because then Apu goes to the end of the list.

But if you want a solution, store Apu once, so that Manjula (if you have her) always comes first and they have a joint 24 hour task :)

I love this suggestion thank you so much for writing it out. I always try to skip Apu so I can get to Mandala for the one hour task but sometimes it doesn't work out. Thanks again!
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited July 2014
    Is it to much to ask for a button that confirms you want to do a task that longer than 24 hours. :?
    I'm getting sick of inadvertently sending Apu on 7 day shifts as you mindlessly tap the 24 hour tasks for everyone. :evil:
    Just store the kwik e mart?
    Be careful I don't think you can store the Kwik-E-Mart, you have to sell it and rebuild it, so waiting 24hrs to get Apu back. :roll:
  • hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Is it to much to ask for a button that confirms you want to do a task that longer than 24 hours. :?
    I'm getting sick of inadvertently sending Apu on 7 day shifts as you mindlessly tap the 24 hour tasks for everyone. :evil:
    Just store the kwik e mart?
    Be careful I don't think you can store the Kwik-E-Mart, you have to sell it and rebuild it, so waiting 24hrs to get Apu back. :roll:
    No I think they changed it, you can now store the Kwik E Mart. :P
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Storing the Kwik e mart was temporarily disabled along with storing trees, fences, Krusty burger, benches, shrubs, et cetera. That's all fixed now.
  • 4junk3000
    6211 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:
    This isn't a big deal for me. Annoying, but the character will soon be free to reset. I'd much rather be able to lock the clean up SF/KL task. Some of my KL debris that was used as design was inadvertently cleaned.

Yeah, I wish we could choose what they're going to clean up. Even if you try to move stuff so what you want cleaned up to be closest, they still often go elsewhere. It seems to be pretty random.

You CAN manipulate what they clean up. Here's one way how:

Move the trash you want cleaned somewhat away from trash you don't want cleaned. Task them to clean. They will choose their closest piece first.

While they are cleaning, switch to edit mode, set the characters to invisible, then you can select and move the piece of trash they are actively cleaning. They will move with it. Move it over by the other trash you want cleaned. Then close the editor and tap the thumb to complete their action. Now you have them near your trash to be collected, and you can repeat the task until done. This is handy if you make a trash pile over time.

You can also just drag trash to them while they are occupied with a previous piece of trash. This is handy for a just few pieces.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • 4junk3000
    6211 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    jmcwaffles wrote:

But if you want a solution, store Apu once, so that Manjula (if you have her) always comes first and they have a joint 24 hour task :)

I love this suggestion thank you so much for writing it out. I always try to skip Apu so I can get to Mandala for the one hour task but sometimes it doesn't work out. Thanks again!

You can also modify the order they appear to retask by what order they complete their previous tasks. So in this example, just complete Mandela before Apu.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I really dont see any use for a button like that. Just tap more carefull or store the building when you make a mistake.
  • Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited July 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    jmcwaffles wrote:

You can also modify the order they appear to retask by what order they complete their previous tasks. So in this example, just complete Mandela before Apu.
    Pretty sure that's not how that works? Assuming you collect from everyone before retaking rather than doing it one at a time.

Also I think the point Nine was making is that they don't always go for the closest piece of debris when clearing (though I haven't really noticed that myself if there's a significant difference)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2014

Just store the relevant building that the character relates to and this will cancel the task....job done!

or just dont tap on tasks so quickly :lol:

Edit: All building can now be stored without any problems such as KEM, i know cos i couldnt store the KEM for a while and now i can
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • jboudreaud282
    75 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I would like to have the option as well for tasks longer than 24h. Storing buildings might work if the character is associated with a building, but I've accidentally gotten Brandine pregnant twice and as far as I know, I can't cancel it by storing a building. Although in this case, maybe birth control would be more appropriate. :D

I agree that for some people, 24h tasks would be considered long, so maybe there could be an option where you could set the time you would like the notification to come in; I'd set it for tasks longer than 24h, but others could set it for 8h, or anything they like. Something like the warning you can get before spending donuts, but with a time option. Maybe this idea has been offered before, I admit that I didn't read every post, but just something I was thinking of...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.