EA Forums - Banner

Idea for an event: going back to the 70's

Prev1
Roccaine
457 posts Member
:shock: you think your English is bad? Not me. I thought every line was easily understood. I think your English may be better than some of the creators of this game perhaps. So, I think your ideas deserve looking into. You should work for the creators of this game.

Enough praise. I like your ideas. Well done. I miss the 70's... You young whippersnappers ( isn't that how Grandpa Simpsoon says it?) might have to google 1970's to better understand.

GROOVY MAN, GROOOOVY!

Replies

• larsyuipo
    1137 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Love the ideas
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Love it, but I wanna see Teenage Moe from Speingfield Up
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock: you think your English is bad? Not me. I thought every line was easily understood. I think your English may be better than some of the creators of this game perhaps. So, I think your ideas deserve looking into. You should work for the creators of this game.

Enough praise. I like your ideas. Well done. I miss the 70's... You young whippersnappers ( isn't that how Grandpa Simpsoon says it?) might have to google 1970's to better understand.

GROOVY MAN, GROOOOVY!
    Beat me to the punchline, Except I was going to say WHOA, man, this is HEAVY! As for your English, considering it's significantly more legible than what might come from a good number of "native" English "speakers", well, for English as a (I'm presuming) second language, you're doing quite well. I personally don't miss the 70's (give me the lousy 80's any day) but I do love that episode. You do indeed have potential and so does your idea. Bravo to you! :thumbup: *Applauds boisterously*
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited July 2014
    And Disco Stu wouldn't have to change anything. I love it! I was a teenager in the 70's.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6356 posts Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I like this idea.

Let's not forget to incorporate Ziffcorp as one of the prizes. Artie would also need a task here. Perhaps replace his 24hr "serve time" with 24hr "Work a shift at Ziffcorp"

Ziffcorp.png
  • Indigofabian
    155 posts
    edited July 2014
    Maybe it's just because I'm a 90s child that this didn't sound that great at all to me. (Also small point but Teenage Barney skin as a prize would be annoying for people like me who lack him).

10/10 for effort though.
  • Timescola
    517 posts
    edited July 2014
    Defiantly this sounds amazing
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I think it's awesome. You have a lot of imagination, OP. :thumbup:
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Good ideas :thumbup:
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    I really like the idea.
    Maybe it's just because I'm a 90s child that this didn't sound that great at all to me. (Also small point but Teenage Barney skin as a prize would be annoying for people like me who lack him).

10/10 for effort though.

You know, I got a handful of Stonecutter skins for premium characters I can't use. Doesn't really bother me all that much. That said, I'd certainly prefer the order be changed a bit (or skins packs bundled together like Stonecutters) so it doesn't feel like a total wasted prize.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad so many people like it, so far I've come up with some new stuff to add. But I'd like a different mechanic rather than a second Sacred Parchment that we already had with the Stonecutters, I'll have to think of one.

So far I'd like to add:

- Chloe Talbot as one of the final prizes you can get. She's a one-time character in She Used To Be My Little Girl, and was a highschool friend of Marge. So this event is gonna have 3 new playable characters, one free, one premium and one obtainable with the event :P

- Some cheap premium teenage skins, like the Stonecutters had aswell. I completely forgot that Barney is an expensive premium item, so I think I'll replace his price with a teenage Moe and make teenage Barney a premium skin.

- Ziffcorp is definately a price I'd like to add, probably an event price

- Maybe a cool new building for Krustyland

- Maybe an idea to give younger skins to old timers like Abe and Jasper

- Artie's helicopter can be a decoration, or give him a task that he's riding the thing.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Good ideas :thumbup:
  • senorlizard
    10 posts
    edited July 2014
    No thanks.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited July 2014
    Very nice original ideas. I like the Ziffcorp addition to the original idea. Also, would really like to have his helicopter as a decoration. I would like to have it around town and not only appear when it is flying. That would be a nice decoration to work with. Also, I would think you would need to work SVT into the storyline somehow, since he would be with all of these other teenagers all of a sudden. I would like to see a task(s) added for him that would involve some of the other teenagers, like having them all go to a movie together, go bowling together, eat at Krustyburger and Gulp N Blow, and maybe go play a prank on Chalmers or something.
  • 4junk3000
    6073 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Sounds as good as anything we might see from EA.

Certainly better than an instant adult son of Krusty suddenly owning KL. Ugh what a plot fail.

Probably will never happen but thanks for the creative writing session!
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Great event idea!
  • boldbhoy
    277 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I like most of these ideas with just one exception. No helicopter!! The Eye In The Sky task is just so annoying as you can't tap anywhere near the copter without it registering as a tap on the copter itself. Otherwise I'd go for this.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    boldbhoy wrote:
    I like most of these ideas with just one exception. No helicopter!! The Eye In The Sky task is just so annoying as you can't tap anywhere near the copter without it registering as a tap on the copter itself. Otherwise I'd go for this.

I agree with you. That is why I said I would like to have the helicopter as an actual full time decoration, where it would show without being flown. I would like that addition, but not being just added like the other helicopter exists currently.
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Allright I made some improvements:

- Chloe Talbot is the new 3rd character in this event, she is the 8th price by collecting enough coins. She has 3 outdoor task, with 1 shared with Marge.

- A new feature where you can drag your characters to wherever you want (as long as it is on ground). You'll need this new feature to drag the ''bigger bullies'' into the Time Hole

- The Time Hole is a new decoration, it looks similiar like the Black Hole but more whiteish. This is where you need to drag ''bigger bullies'' to get rid of them and earn extra coins.

- Highschool bullies will appear in your town, they work the same as the Order during the Stonecutter event. There are 2 kinds of bullies, the fast ones that you can get rid of by simply tapping on them. And the bigger ones where the only way to get rid of them is to drag them into the Time Hole.

- UI has been improved, you now have filters to look for items a lot easier.

- Frinks Time Machine from THOH is a new free decoration, and this is where you need to do your riddle quests.

- Ziffcorp and Artie's helicopter have been added as the 9th and 10th price of the event. The helicopter is a decoration.

- Replaced teenage Barney with teenage Moe as the first price of the event. Teenage Barney and teenage Frink and now premium skins that cost 20 donuts.

I'll still need to come up with new riddles and new tasks for the new skins.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Great ideas!

Something to consider when thinking about an event is how it will play out for new players. This is true even of mini-events. For example, I started my B-town the last few days of Stonecutters, so just before the July 4 mini-event. It was challenging to finish that event because I had to get the entire Nuclear Plant built. I just made it before the end of the event. So, requiring the high school, which I think is not available until level 34, would be an issue for new players.

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.