EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons Taxed Out?

kenalbon89 wrote:
The most peculiar thing just happened when I tapped on Kent Brockman (having just completed Little Wiggy Pt 6) :shock: The payout on my multiplier would have been about 900 and while I happened to be looking at my task bar I noticed that my cash, when it tallied up, went down by about 5000 instead! Jim will have to excuse me as I didn't have the foresight to take action screenshots :wink: but has anyone else experienced or heard of a similar glitch? I had just started the production of a SQP tile which are currently costing me 5000 a piece... perhaps this didn't deduct at first?

All the same it was quite a strange thing to witness because I almost never stare at my money as it tallies up, needless to say I'll be paying closer attention now!

Hmmm. Unfortunate

Replies

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    kenalbon89 wrote:
    The most peculiar thing just happened when I tapped on Kent Brockman (having just completed Little Wiggy Pt 6) :shock: The payout on my multiplier would have been about 900 and while I happened to be looking at my task bar I noticed that my cash, when it tallied up, went down by about 5000 instead! Jim will have to excuse me as I didn't have the foresight to take action screenshots :wink: but has anyone else experienced or heard of a similar glitch? I had just started the production of a SQP tile which are currently costing me 5000 a piece... perhaps this didn't deduct at first?

All the same it was quite a strange thing to witness because I almost never stare at my money as it tallies up, needless to say I'll be paying closer attention now!

There was a glitch during the Easter event where the 400 eggs did not register all at once. You got 200 and then had to sync your game, like go to KL, before the other 200 registered. Not heard of this with cash.

Hmmm, I wonder... If one was at say 5000, spent the 5000 on a tile, but it does not register, then spent, say 100 on a tree, then you'd have 4900. Then if the 5000 gets subtracted you might get -100. But if the bit value is interpreted as unsigned then you are going to end up with a lot of cash! :) Of course if the code is written well you end up with zero. And if the code was written really well, none of this would happen in the first place.

[Edit: Typo]
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.