EA Forums - Banner

split pay

Great idea but....

This suggests EA will make less money, so I highly doubt it will be put in, but would be glad to be proven wrong!

Replies

• Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited August 2014
    Major big corporation thinking here...
    Some people will defiantly will use donuts to get them and that's should be enough for EA to do it.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    Why would anyone want to pay donuts that cost real cash for a building you can build for in game free cash ? Stupid idea.
    I've got 30 million just sat there doing nothing because I've bought everything there is to buy with the game cash, I've got too much cash with nothing to spend it on, I've given up collecting it because it's become pointless, waste of time collecting cash if there's nothing to spend it on.

A better idea would be a discount on premium stuff if you also gave x amount of in game cash.
  • tmagnus052379
    36 posts
    edited August 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:
    Why would anyone want to pay donuts that cost real cash for a building you can build for in game free cash ? Stupid idea.
    I've got 30 million just sat there doing nothing because I've bought everything there is to buy with the game cash, I've got too much cash with nothing to spend it on, I've given up collecting it because it's become pointless, waste of time collecting cash if there's nothing to spend it on.

A better idea would be a discount on premium stuff if you also gave x amount of in game cash.

I also put an example of premium items that were donut only that had an option of buy less donuts but a lot of cash.. Did you even read the whole post?
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:

I also put an example of premium items that were donut only that had an option of buy less donuts but a lot of cash.. Did you even read the whole post?
    No, u didn't give any example of premium items. U only gave an example of Non-premium item (Sunsphere). And yes, I have read your whole post at least 3 times.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • sizzlefork
    61 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm having trouble understanding the question as it was posed. Mostly because, well, let's take a look at the Sunsphere example - both proposed options 1 and 2 already exist in the game. It's not a one step process, but it's functionally equivalent to buying in-game cash with donuts, then purchasing the building. At the rate of donuts to in-game cash presently set in the game it would cost significantly more than 25 donuts, but the point is it can be done.

Reading on, you're discussing purchasing premium items with a lower donut amount plus an in-game cash amount, as opposed to the full donut amount. Let's consider two things. First, other than the tiny and very limited loophole of receiving donuts from leveling up, a donuts from in-game cash path has been explicitly avoided. Second, there are some smart businesspeople behind this game. They have lots of data on customer behavior, spending patterns, pricing models, and the like. They use this data to maximize profit. That is their goal in life, to extract as much money from customers as possible.

You asked the question "[...] don't you think people would be inclined to spend a little more real life $$ if everything wasn't so donut expensive??" I think you have the answer now. It's a simple no. The game is already set up to get players to give up as much cash as is possible. Maybe not you, personally, but everyone taken together, yes.
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've always wondered why EA didn't do this...

Say you wanted to buy the Sunsphere @ $750,000. What if they gave you options for different ways to buy it:
    Option 1: $750,000 in game cash
    Option 2: $400,000 and 25 donuts

which would you choose?

Basically, what if EA decided to give you options on how to buy items in the game. Premium characters would cost donuts than cash, but don't you think people would be inclined to spend a little more real life $$ if everything wasn't so donut expensive??

Would you rather pay 200 donuts for something, or pay 100 donuts and say $1,000,000 of in game cash?

No thanks. This will not happen. Happy tapping.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Is this actually something you are asking for? Because for u, and all us players, just using in-game cash is better for us! Why would u want to spend donuts on freemium items? Donuts are hard enough to come by already! :(
    Inverse of that, for premium items, spending less donuts and buying it with in-game cash (which I'm afraid to say you didn't originally post) would be quite lovely, but donuts and premium items is how EA make money on this game, so it simply will not happen!
    Would be lovely though.......
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • AOFIGO009
    1306 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:

Just for my curiosity, how is ur donut count and how many premium items do you have? It sounds like ur a completionist, so you probably are doing very well, but if not, why don't u convert some of that 30 million in-game cash on Bloodmobiles or Weather Stations, to get all the XP and level up therefore get three donuts? It's of course not a great conversion rate, but as you said, what else you gonna spend the money on?
    Hey guys, I'm AO (not AOF). I create and run the Event Strategy Threads.
  • tmagnus052379
    36 posts
    edited August 2014
    I apologize if I wasn't clear in my first post...let me restate my original argument a bit clearer:

Take this example: The open stage costs what, 160 donuts?? If I were to buy the 300 donut pack for $19.99, then I would have enough to get it.

Now, what if the option was to buy the open air for 80 or 100 donuts plus say $1,000,000 in in-game cash. To buy 132 donuts vs 300 donuts is $10. Wouldn't more people be inclined to spend $10 vs $20 to get it if they had enough in game cash?? I bet more casual gamers would drop more real life money if the number of donuts they needed for premium items was less.

Think about it: for every one person buying 300 donuts @ $19.99. they could have 3 or more people buying 132 donuts @ $9.99. They would still be making money, but it would be in smaller increments over a larger scale of people.

And besides, the casual gamer doesn't have the millions and millions of in-game dollars to level up fast, so to them it might be beneficial to them to spend the smaller $ amount and get the premium items.

On the flip side, some of the high priced items (Sunsphere, Escalator, magnifying glass, etc) that are over $750K, some people might spend some donuts on that if it meant cutting the amount of in game $ in half. (Say, for example, the magnifying glass is $3,000,000. Someone might spend 50 donuts if the cost would drop to say $1,500,000). You never know.

I'd be more inclined to seeing the first scenario happen versus the second.

What do you think about that now?

• tkprae
    248 posts
    edited August 2014
    Cutting the cost with premium items with some in-game cash is a great idea and I think everyone would love it. It doesn't seem likely to happen. EA really pushed donut costs where they can get it. Plus,the more premiums, the more money you will earn. So eventually players will have millions built up where more people will easily and more likely use that option. In the end, it's a loss for EA. That's why they released that 10 million building and why they will put out more buildings that we can burn the cash on.

As for cutting high dollar items with some donuts, I rather they improve the donuts -> cash conversion. We should get way way more cash if we trade in donuts.
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    EA should start a paying by instalments scheme for the big items. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.