EA Forums - Banner

Test I did on handshakes

maxeerg
1010 posts Member
Interesting stuff.

When you opened the game was it already active or had you closed the app beforehand? I've been playing around with it and seeing if the initial sync you should get on loading the game might help with missing handshakes. Haven't been able to see a pattern to it however. Sometimes things seem to work as they should, sometimes it's clear there's a huge timing problem here.

And BTW, thanks for your thoughtful reply to my other post on this issue. I wrote a fairly lengthy reply in return then when I tried to add a smiley to close, the forum crashed on me. Seemed apropos (insert laughing smiley here).

Replies

• maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It was closed.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes there seems little we can do in terms of game-play that can help minimise the problem.

Only thing that I think might have helped is I removed any quick refresh buildings from my landing zone, i.e. I moved the brown houses, QEM and Simpsons house to the outskirts. Their quick refresh, plus being in the hot spot for taps, plus this timing issue between devices and servers is possibly the worst case scenario for missing handshakes?

I've also been tapping away from the landing zone on friends towns and trying to choose buildings with long payout times. Hopefully that gives the best chance of my handshakes getting through and not being tapped over or lost in the ether. But it's all speculation on my part.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I always try to tap the buildings with longer timers when visiting, but that is just an ingrained habit. I keep the ones with short timers near my landing zone because I tend to collect everything else.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Well, EA have again laughed at my silly attempts to get round this handshake business. This morning my town with the slow refresh buildings in the centre had zero handshakes. However, my husbands town, which has a stack of brown houses in the landing zone, was awash with handshakes.

I give up, there is no pattern to this that I can see.
  • smartburn
    4 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm having the same issue, I've had it since the end of Stonecutters. I did the reinstall thing twice but it didn't help, not permanently anyway. I thought about refreshing my EA ticket on it, but I haven't received any response at all aside from the initial automated one they send, and now that there's another thread I'll just vent here instead.

I've adapted my playing style accordingly for now, I just hope that there are no plans for a friend-based update (event, new FP prize, etc.) while this issue is still happening for so many people.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I, also, hope they fix this before doing an event. I find that many people assume that reduced handshakes were simply the result of event fatigue. Problem may be more widespread than many realize.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!