EA Forums - Banner

I'm jealous...

Prev1
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app yet?

Replies

• mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mine crapped out again yesterday and was still out this morning.

I've tried deleting and re-installing four times already. I even finally broke down and installed the iOS 6.01 update that's been waiting for some time. Bubkis.

BUT, in my mind, I've finished construction on the bowling alley and the hospital and both are majestic.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    What device are you playing on? If you are using a 1st or 2nd generation iPod Touch or iPhone and can't update iOS, the game software may have surpassed your device's capabilities. :(
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    These are the things I've tried:

Closing the app
    Restarting the phone
    Doing a hard reset on my phone
    Deleting the app
    Making a new apple ID account
    Restoring my phone back to factory settings

I think that's it... I know my account works on other phones because I got my boyfriend to log in and collect my money lol

I have the iPhone 4S. OS 6.0.1
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Have any other suggestions? Apparently this issue is something they are trying to work on since I'm not the only one...
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    That is annoying. As far as I can work out, you've done pretty much all you can.

All I can suggest at this point is playing from your boyfriend's device and keep checking it to see if it updates.

Hope there's a fix for you soon!
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    That is annoying. As far as I can work out, you've done pretty much all you can.

All I can suggest at this point is playing from your boyfriend's device and keep checking it to see if it updates.

Hope there's a fix for you soon!

Oh me too! I probably check hourly to see if it's working or not haha. All because I wanted to buy some doughnuts.. Won't be doing that again
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm....since I've done all that too, I guess the only thing I have left is to go and find myself a boyfriend.

I'm sure the wife and kids won't mind....
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Oh me too! I probably check hourly to see if it's working or not haha. All because I wanted to buy some doughnuts.. Won't be doing that again

That's the most frustrating part of all this for me too. My game worked pretty much fine (crashed occasionally, but so what)....until I went to throw money at EA and buy some doughnuts.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- there is something wrong with your product when it actively prevents people from giving you money.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Hmmm....since I've done all that too, I guess the only thing I have left is to go and find myself a boyfriend.

I'm sure the wife and kids won't mind....

Hahaha :P does yours not go past the fox screen either?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Not since last night again.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Since the issue seems to be device-dependent, perhaps it is a connection speed issue? Are you playing over wifi or your data network?

cshirleyea wrote:
    I believe the problem is your upload is extremely slow. However, the 4.0 client contains improvements that should reduce the overall size of your user data and therefore might make the game playable over your 3G connection.

Look for the 4.0 client to be released within the next month or two.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9112611.page#25853608

NOTE: Colin's quoted response with "your upload speed" was in reference to another person's question, but perhaps that thread might have some answers for you.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    Since the issue seems to be device-dependent, perhaps it is a connection speed issue? Are you playing over wifi or your data network?

cshirleyea wrote:
    I believe the problem is your upload is extremely slow. However, the 4.0 client contains improvements that should reduce the overall size of your user data and therefore might make the game playable over your 3G connection.

Look for the 4.0 client to be released within the next month or two.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9112611.page#25853608

NOTE: Colin's quoted response with "your upload speed" was in reference to another person's question, but perhaps that thread might have some answers for you.

Wifi, but I've tried over 3G too
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've emailed EA twice as no reply... Is this common?
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Dammit Lauren -- I saw your post go up and got all excited that this would be the one where you orgasmically announced that you were back in.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've emailed EA twice as no reply... Is this common?

Yes, unfortunately. They're awful with support...I emailed them about an issue back in October and have yet to get any kind of response. Kind of a moot point for me now, but still. You would think they'd want to keep customers happy!
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Dammit Lauren -- I saw your post go up and got all excited that this would be the one where you orgasmically announced that you were back in.

Hahaha oh trust me you will know when I'm back in! But I am starting to think I won't be able to play the Christmas theme
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 7 for me, this is defintally nothing to do with Internet connection.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 7 for me, this is defintally nothing to do with Internet connection.

Bahhhhh
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    day 12 hahahaha. I can't be mad anymore right??
  • SNE4K
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    If you want to get everything you will have to get access like...today !! And even then I doubt you will have enough time to get it all :(.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.