EA Forums - Banner

How to post images, gifs, avatars and YouTube videos on the forum

Replies

• johncolombo
    11027 posts Senior Moderator
    Thank you. Looks like this whole thread needs a @Big82S update!

yeah I'm starting to notice a lot of how to threads that need a refresh for new forum.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • @johncolombo is there a best practices way to post photos to the forum? I tried with imgur, but I couldn’t get the embed link as described in this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just opened my first doomsday mb & got the zombie sandwich!! This is first-pic-post worthy ☺️
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    @johncolombo is there a best practices way to post photos to the forum? I tried with imgur, but I couldn’t get the embed link as described in this thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just opened my first doomsday mb & got the zombie sandwich!! This is first-pic-post worthy ☺️

often I just right click and save the image to my hard drive, then use the browse function in the image icon to upload it. It's way easier than linking.

noo6xdxjjgag.jpg
  • chazmanianD
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I feel dumb, haha. I thought this whole time you needed to use links. Ugh, didn’t even think to try this way.

Edit: when I click on the image button, the pull down only has an option to add link. I can’t upload or drag & drop a photo. Wish I knew how to send a screenshot, lol.
  • johncolombo
    I feel dumb, haha. I thought this whole time you needed to use links. Ugh, didn’t even think to try this way

glad I could help :)
  • @chazmanianD Mine doesn't look like that either ....
    opRKDuml.jpg
    I use my PC and imgur to upload images.
    New post > drag image into box > move mouse over image > drop down list - get share links > BB code (forums).
    You can also alter the size of the image by putting lower case letters immediately before the .jpg. s for small, m for medium, or l for large. As examples of the same image:
    zt5Bs6js.jpg
    zt5Bs6jm.jpg
    zt5Bs6jl.jpg
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Muhsterino wrote: »
    @chazmanianD Mine doesn't look like that either ....
    opRKDuml.jpg

Nor mine. I had a discussion with another mod last year about this very issue. The mod insisted that he or she was able to upload an image from his/her device directly to the forum in the way (I presume) that @johncolombo is describing for us. I’ve never been able to do anything other than link to an image, whether from my iOS device or under OS X. So am I missing something obvious here? Is this ability platform- or browser-dependent? Or something only mods can do? Can you provide any further insight here, @johncolombo?

• johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    Muhsterino wrote: »
    @chazmanianD Mine doesn't look like that either ....
    opRKDuml.jpg

Nor mine. I had a discussion with another mod last year about this very issue. The mod insisted that he or she was able to upload an image from his/her device directly to the forum in the way (I presume) that @johncolombo is describing for us. I’ve never been able to do anything other than link to an image, whether from my iOS device or under OS X. So am I missing something obvious here? Is this ability platform- or browser-dependent? Or something only mods can do? Can you provide any further insight here, @johncolombo?

I've never heard of this before so I was unaware. I use an iPhone or windows 7/10 desktop. They both provide the same 2 options like the screen cap I posted. Very interesting. What are you all using that you only get the link option? Is there an option in the profile area to change this? Going to my desktop to look as it's easier to navigate.
  • chazmanianD
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Hmm, imgur from iPad doesn’t give me options other than to copy link. I get something that looks like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/yrts5nx.png

Edit: here’s a try with tinypic
    351ct4j.png
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    I was able to do it either way (I think) on the old forum too. I don't remember it being different then. Is it a mod thing? Can anyone who's not a mod upload from desktop?
  • I use both iPhone & iPad, but am excited now that tiny pic works. Don’t know how to get the imgur app to give embed links with the device I use. Thanks for all the help. And please feel free to delete any of my posts that may mess up this stickies thread. Thanks again!
  • johncolombo
    edited January 2018
    didn't find anywhere to toggle it but I did find a way to toggle how many quotes you see in a post, the default is one as you all may have noticed.
  • johncolombo
    I use both iPhone & iPad, but am excited now that tiny pic works. Don’t know how to get the imgur app to give embed links with the device I use. Thanks for all the help. And please feel free to delete any of my posts that may mess up this stickies thread. Thanks again!

this thread is so old and outdated I think as long as we stay on topic of images here it's fine.
  • johncolombo
    well if two mods have/had this option and the three of you who contributed to this conversation do not, it must be part of the moderation skills. Thanks for making me aware and I'll only reply with ways to use links in the future.
  • well if two mods have/had this option and the three of you who contributed to this conversation do not, it must be part of the moderation skills. Thanks for making me aware and I'll only reply with ways to use links in the future.

Thanks for the clarification, @johncolombo. I had been wondering about this for quite a while.

• johncolombo
    @KrustyBrand I did a double check and my community manager confirmed only mods and admins can upload images. Sorry none of us knew that before.
  • How can i have a Avatar?
  • How can i have a Avatar?

Settings (gear icon in upper right corner) ==> Edit Profile ==> Change My Picture
  • swantao wrote: »
    hi how are you guys i learn alot from this forum

https://swantao.com

Spam for some Chinese company.

• T0B1L3
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    test*