EA Forums - Banner

Recommendations please

I know it is tough, but honestly at this point, I think you should wait for whatever is next before you jump into anything else. Nothing on your list is going away anytime soon, so waiting should not cause you to miss out on anything...

Replies

• tkprae
    248 posts
    edited August 2014
    I have 600 donuts and my dumpster gifted me a Ferris Wheel.

Only recently became a premium player so I still need:

Lard Lad Donuts
    Try-N-Save
    Aztec Theatre
    Coliseum (with Drederick T)
    Sleep-Eazy Motel (with blonde Model)
    Observatory
    Volcano Lair
    Planet Hype
    Lugash's Gym (w/Lugash)
    Krustylu Studio (w/Sideshow Mel)
    School Bus (W/Otto)
    Fireworks, Candy, & Puppies
    Asia de Cuba
    Open Air Stage
    Sprawl Mart
    Community Centre (w/ Old guy who's name I've forgotten)
    Film Set (w/Wolfcastle Skin)
    Kamp Krusty (w/ Bart Skin)
    Stu's Disco (w/ Stu)
    Pet Shop (w/ Lizard)
    Natural History Museum
    Apu's Apt (w/ Manjula)
    Lotto 'N' Liquor (with the music teacher)

If I buy, what should I get? or should I hoard my donuts for upcoming events?

My whole brain is crying with the decisions....

I always say if you want currently isn't limited, then wait! Halloween and maybe (MAYBE) something is coming up before. Unless you're planning to buy more donuts, then I would purchase 2-3 items and save the rest of it.

Out of them I really like

Aesthetically:
    Kamp Krusty
    Open Air Stage
    Fireworks, Candy & Puppies
    Film Set

Character + Combo (value):
    Otto + Bus
    Disco Stu + Studio
    Luanne + Factory (I hate the factory but I love her tasks and the pita trucks!)
    Scorpio + Volcano Lair
    Krustylu + Sideshow Mel (I like the look also and fits in well with Channel 6 for a media area)
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Hard to say, but I would start by narrowing the list to ' building + character'. My first was the schoolbus with otto. You can wait for something unknown, but getting characters will help you get the ingame cash rolling in.
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Disco Stu, Luanne, Sifeshow Mel, Otto and Dewey Largo are my favorites of the characters you mentioned above!
  • vic147
    622 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    If it's your first time buying premium stuff, get the character with building combos, you will get
    great bang for your bucks.
  • barryriddl474
    4831 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have 600 donuts and my dumpster gifted me a Ferris Wheel.

Only recently became a premium player so I still need:

Lard Lad Donuts
    Try-N-Save
    Aztec Theatre
    Coliseum (with Drederick T)
    Sleep-Eazy Motel (with blonde Model)
    Observatory
    Volcano Lair
    Planet Hype
    Lugash's Gym (w/Lugash)
    Krustylu Studio (w/Sideshow Mel)
    School Bus (W/Otto)
    Fireworks, Candy, & Puppies
    Asia de Cuba
    Open Air Stage
    Sprawl Mart
    Community Centre (w/ Old guy who's name I've forgotten)
    Film Set (w/Wolfcastle Skin)
    Kamp Krusty (w/ Bart Skin)
    Stu's Disco (w/ Stu)
    Pet Shop (w/ Lizard)
    Natural History Museum
    Apu's Apt (w/ Manjula)
    Lotto 'N' Liquor (with the music teacher)

If I buy, what should I get? or should I hoard my donuts for upcoming events?

My whole brain is crying with the decisions....

First of all, is there something in particular that you like more than the rest? If so, get that.
    I always try to get a character with my buildings, as mentioned by others, but I do have several premium buildings that didn't come with anything (like the Aztec, for example) only because I really like the building.
    I personally enjoy the visual activities by my characters more than what that individual or structure pays out.
    That being said, I like Hank Scorpio and the Volcano Lair, Disco Stu and his disco, and Arnie and his helicopter (several people here don't like Arnie because they find the helicopter annoying).
    Or wait. Something is usually around the corner...
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It's best to wait for the update. You'll be annoyed if you spend the doughnuts then an update comes out with some great content today(Thursday in the uk)
  • Pickwick_Next33
    51 posts
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the tips everyone! I've been exploring my options a bit...and I've noticed that I've still got the option to get a Cherry Tree with George Washington. (personally, I prefer my presidents a little more over-the-top-like Andrew Jackson or Teddy Roosevelt)
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Open air stage is not worth it. Anything that gives you a character & a building that give you income is worth it.
  • tkprae
    248 posts
    edited August 2014
    Open air stage is not worth it. Anything that gives you a character & a building that give you income is worth it.

That's subjective, isn't it? If he's asking specifically for characters and income... then yeah.
  • jmcwaffles
    59 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    There is a lot of good advice here. Its best to wait but if you are feeling antsy then get a building with a character so you can start collecting money. I love Otto and his sayings, they crack me up every time!
  • KMonk023
    74 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    If I were you, I would save them for stuff you like that is only available for a limited amount of time. Unless you end up buying more donuts like a boatload because that stuff will always be there whereas the limited stuff isn't. At least that's how I'm playing until I end up buying a boatload and then getting all the premium stuff I currently don't have.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.