EA Forums - Banner

New Doctor Who

Is that program still going :shock: :mrgreen:

Replies

• Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited August 2014
    I think it will be good, before they anounced the last two dr I was like " naaah they're gona be crap". But I think they were brilliant! So I'm gona give this guy a chance too :lol:
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I was there at the start of the world tour today. Tom Bake will always be my favorite. Not a fan of capaldi's doctor so far. Horrible acting,
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    I think it will be good, before they anounced the last two dr I was like " naaah they're gona be crap". But I think they were brilliant! So I'm gona give this guy a chance too :lol:

At first i never really liked Matt Smith as The Doctor, but warmed to him, and was actually really sad when he announced he'd be leaving. I didn't like season 5 and 6 as much because it felt too much like the Rory and Amy show, and that got annoying, but when Matt Smith was given a chance to really develop The Doctor's personality that suited him, his comedy timing and goofy ways was really fantastic. I thought he was really good when he had to be serious as well, especially after Amy and Rory were written out. When Clara came in, there was a chemistry that was just too good. Maybe a bit too much Clara stuff, but the way it was written it had to be that way. Will be very interesting to see how Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman work together, and what the chemistry will be like between them on screen :D
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

At first i never really liked Matt Smith as The Doctor, but warmed to him, and was actually really sad when he announced he'd be leaving. I didn't like season 5 and 6 as much because it felt too much like the Rory and Amy show, and that got annoying, but when Matt Smith was given a chance to really develop The Doctor's personality that suited him, his comedy timing and goofy ways was really fantastic. I thought he was really good when he had to be serious as well, especially after Amy and Rory were written out. When Clara came in, there was a chemistry that was just too good. Maybe a bit too much Clara stuff, but the way it was written it had to be that way. Will be very interesting to see how Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman work together, and what the chemistry will be like between them on screen :D
    yeah I total agree with the Rory and Amy thing :roll:

I took awile for me to warm to matt smith as I thought he was trying to be David tennant too much, but he soon made his own dr lol

I hated chris eccleston....really didn't like him :lol:
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    I was really hoping the doctor would be a woman this time smiley-sad032.gif

I watched Doctor Who for the first 2 seasons. I was a little thrown off when they switched the doctor, because I never watched the old version, so I didn't know how it worked. I really liked Rose, so when she left too, I didn't watch it anymore. Maybe I'll give it another try though.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited August 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    I was really hoping the doctor would be a woman this time smiley-sad032.gif

I watched Doctor Who for the first 2 seasons. I was a little thrown off when they switched the doctor, because I never watched the old version, so I didn't know how it worked. I really liked Rose, so when she left too, I didn't watch it anymore. Maybe I'll give it another try though.
    rose was pretty good, but when she had her teeth done, all I could hear was her lisp and couldn't stop noticing it :lol:
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Can;t wait for it to start again. Not sure about Capaldi tho not keen on him as a actor.
  • joniferous
    504 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm really looking forward to it.
    I've been a fan for as long as I can remember (not that long, I have terrible memory) and have a copy of all the old shows and films, shorts and specials.
    When they announced the new series (with Christopher Eccleston as Nine) I was super excited, because I LOVE C.E. He's brilliant. I was a little nervous of Billie Piper, but I actually quite liked Rose. Since then I've liked all of the Doctors, and all the companions with the exception of Amy Pond (I didn't like Rory at first, but then after The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood I really liked him). I really hated Amy Pond.
    I enjoyed the changing from Eleven to Twelve, and am really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.
    I like Peter Capaldi in other things, and like that they've gone for an older actor.

Basically, I'm excited! :mrgreen:
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Jenna Coleman so far. I loved Rory & Amy...Their last episode was super sad. I'm not sure how I feel about Capaldi yet. I've gotten so used to The Doctor being sort of whimsical between David Tennant and Matt Smith. I'm not sure Capaldi fits that mold but I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing. Change is ok.

Jenna Coleman though...meh...she's alright but I much preferred Amy & Rose.
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    I was there at the start of the world tour today. Tom Bake will always be my favorite. Not a fan of capaldi's doctor so far. Horrible acting,

Wow you got that from a whole 15 seconds of screen time? You must have really high standards to call someone horrible for one quick line :roll:
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

Wow you got that from a whole 15 seconds of screen time? You must have really high standards to call someone horrible for one quick line :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I didn't watch it yet...but isn't there a full trailer instead of just the teaser now?
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    efin98 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

I attended the screening of the whole episode :roll:
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited August 2014
    lukeout007 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of Jenna Coleman so far. I loved Rory & Amy...Their last episode was super sad. I'm not sure how I feel about Capaldi yet. I've gotten so used to The Doctor being sort of whimsical between David Tennant and Matt Smith. I'm not sure Capaldi fits that mold but I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing. Change is ok.

Jenna Coleman though...meh...she's alright but I much preferred Amy & Rose.
    usually I say they're crap and no ones good enough but I was wrong with the last two so I'm not gona say it this time :lol: I'm glad that they didn't go younger. I just wish that they make him go to more planets instead of just going through time on earth :lol:
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Is that program still going :shock: :mrgreen:
    :lol: it should have never came back. Think it's boring
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

Totally agree! It revolved around her too much, and I was glad when they left the show.
    My favourite Doctor has been David Tennant, I love him as an actor, he's just awesome! Not sure if I'll like Capaldi, but I'll watch the first episode or so and decide.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    2457 posts
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

Totally agree! It revolved around her too much, and I was glad when they left the show.
    My favourite Doctor has been David Tennant, I love him as an actor, he's just awesome! Not sure if I'll like Capaldi, but I'll watch the first episode or so and decide.
    David tenant and Katherine Tate where brilliant together IMO....
    I'm gona give the new guy a chance too. :lol:
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    efin98 wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

I attended the screening of the whole episode :roll:

And just like that, one episode in, you write off the actor? One episode does not make a whole tenure, he will take a few episodes to get the rhythm that the others developed. Hell the last two weren't exactly stunning in their debuts but went on to be respected Doctors, the least you could do would give him another couple of episodes before forming a solid opinion.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

David tenant and Katherine Tate where brilliant together IMO....
    I'm gona give the new guy a chance too. :lol:
    They were, he's my favourite Doctor, and she has been my favourite companion. I don't really have a worst Doctor, as I'm 14, and only seen it since Christopher Eccleston was in it (though I didnt watch it from the very beginning I don't think, I'd say maybe 2006ish?), but the worst companion has been Amy, Rory was alright at first, then got annoying. It was all too much about Amy and her life throughout the series. I didn't mind Matt Smith though, he was quite cool after I got used to it being him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!