EA Forums - Banner

Who's Bored?

Prev134
Anyone else getting seriously bored of Tapped Out lately? It used to be my #1 priority for when I sat down after the kids were in bed. Now it's down to like #3 or #4. I think Stonecutters, while fun, really was that draining, and subsequent updates have been particularly meh.
Yeah me am thinking of stopping playing cos I've lost interest.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    Yeah me am thinking of stopping playing cos I've lost interest.

:shock:

HBCPkH4.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • vanettoonl726
    229 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Note quite bored yet. I just built the Sit 'n Rotate and I'm busy building my cash back up. I figure if there's a new level coming, that'll take at least $1 million, given the way prices are going. I'm almost back up there.

But in general, I think you're right. Yes, Stonecutters was great. And we also had a nice level update during Stonecutters. But other than that, there hasn't been much going on for a while. I don't consider the updates we've had since Stonecutters to amount to much, since they've pretty much just been about trying to get people to buy various things with donuts, most of them old things. And to me, the recent Krustyland level update was really boring too.

But once I get back up to around $2 million, I'm going to be really, really bored if there isn't something interesting added to the game.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited August 2014
    massively bored of it haven't logged in much over the last 3 weeks..

losing interest in it the only good thing that's happened this year was stone cutters the rest has been pretty meh

imo they are just not updating as often as they should, they should be releasing more FP prizes and stuff between large updates to keep people interested..

this type of game needs lots of regular content added because once you've built everything there is little to keep you playing (especially if you have lots of cash or already have a nice design)
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I dunno. I'm still having fun.

Of course, I'm new and haven't finished the levels yet.
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not bored as much as I am nervous. I really enjoy this game and have put a lot of time and even money into it. I'm scared that this slow down is a sign that they're giving up on the game. I really really hope not though.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    I'm not bored, enjoying the down time tbh, i'm mainly working on KL at the moment trying to generate more tickets for the big redesign there :)

That being said i would like to see an update :D
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited August 2014
    jukan00 wrote:
    I'm not bored as much as I am nervous. I really enjoy this game and have put a lot of time and even money into it. I'm scared that this slow down is a sign that they're giving up on the game. I really really hope not though.

i'm more concerned that when it eventually does end EA will likely do what they do with all of their old games shut all the servers down

i doubt they will make a offline mode so i guess when servers get shut down we will lose towns.. would suck for those that have spent $100-$1000+ on the game.
  • nicholasd30
    6646 posts
    edited August 2014
    I probberly might not have been bored if the premium items where easier to get.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not bored. Visiting my neighbours every day to get some donuts. And I'm planning a redesign of my KL.
    But I hope EA will give us this week a new update.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I'm not bored, enjoying the down time tbh, i'm mainly working on KL at the moment trying to generate more tickets for the big redesign there :)

I'm doing the same. Buying the land in KL is time consuming. I have every available character doing 12 to 24 hour tasks there to generate tickets faster. Some of the plots of land in the NE section are pretty pricey.

When I get done, I'll rebuild the park.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    I probberly might not have been bored if the premium items where easier to get.

But they are easy to get.....you just have to spend money :lol:

Joking aside i do know what you mean :) be a shame to see you leave tho
  • EldarOfSuburbia
    307 posts
    edited August 2014
    Maybe they're feverishly working on new tie-in content for Season 26. Hence the lackluster junk we've had since Stonecutters.

My last response to boredom was to start my second town. Except that's now Level 41 (albeit further behind quest-wise) and just isn't as quick to play through any more as it was - and that's with the bare minimum of friends and no house farming/franchising.

My main town, with 70-ish friends, and all those characters and KL and buildings to collect and, sheesh, it's slower than your average Yankees-Red Sox game. So it gets played every 2-3 days now.

I won't give up until EA pulls the plug of course.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I'm doing the same. Buying the land in KL is time consuming. I have every available character doing 12 to 24 hour tasks there to generate tickets faster. Some of the plots of land in the NE section are pretty pricey.

When I get done, I'll rebuild the park.

You not wrong there about buying all the land, i never bothered cos KL always seemed like an after thought to me but since the last update it have made me want to re-build it better and get some decorations going :) So kinda glad no update is about cos i've got the characters doing the same as you :lol:
  • Roccaine
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm enjoying the downtime, redesigned a lot of my Springfield and Krustyland. And even farmed a lot of new donuts by keep visiting the neighbours. But I'd like to see a new major update by now, preferably a land expansion :P
  • theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not bored. I'm going for a redesign/nuke soon as Brandine has given birth in about 24/25 days. Run out of land tho. have to put buildings into storage when new ones come out.

I still visit my neighbours everyday. I've put to much money into this game to give up, and I still enjoy playing.:D
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've put to much money into this game to give up, and I still enjoy playing.:D

I'm Very much the same there :mrgreen:
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yep. I used to always play 1-4 times a day depending if there's a event. Now I just put them on 24h tasks, usually miss a day or two out of forgetness and then after a few days I collect it and the show starts again.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

The same goes for me. :D
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    chris6271 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Ditto here. I really want to stop spending money on the game so I can eventually put it down. But too much has been invested to just quit now.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2014
    chris6271 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Ditto here. I really want to stop spending money on the game so I can eventually put it down. But too much has been invested to just quit now.

I've never spent so much on a phone game before :shock: They werent wrong when they said it addictive :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!