EA Forums - Banner

App update later this week

Replies

• lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    My brother tweeted EA last night to ask about the connection screen bug and handshake. Anyway we just checked now and EA have responded. See pic below.

They mention an app store update! Hopefully this means new content but beware it may only be fixes.

sT0aqYPl.jpg

Why can't I find this tweet in EA's Twitter feed?

Possibly bogus?

I can't find this tweet or response ANYWHERE on Twitter.

I say it's fake unless you provide specific evidence. Mods?
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nice! :thumbup:
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    My brother tweeted EA last night to ask about the connection screen bug and handshake. Anyway we just checked now and EA have responded. See pic below.

They mention an app store update! Hopefully this means new content but beware it may only be fixes.

sT0aqYPl.jpg

Possibly bogus?

I cant see it in their feed, but that could be because it was deleted by them, which isnt unheard of. If it's a fake, it's a good one.

That said, someone on here last week mentioned they had been told by a live chat convo that an update would be fixing the retry screen issue this week.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014

sT0aqYPl.jpg

Possibly bogus?

I can't find it either... :-\
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited August 2014

sT0aqYPl.jpg

Possibly bogus?

I cant see it in their feed, but that could be because it was deleted by them, which isnt unheard of. If it's a fake, it's a good one.

That said, someone on here last week mentioned they had been told by a live chat convo that an update would be fixing the retry screen issue this week.

Let's hope so. For now, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    App Store updates don't always bring new content. Sometime they are just application but fixes.
  • Atrion66
    64 posts
    edited August 2014

sT0aqYPl.jpg

Possibly bogus?

Let's hope so. For now, I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can see, there are no tweets or responses from that Twitter account on the 9th or 10th. To me that looks like they don't work on weekends.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not getting my hopes up for new content. I've been led to disappointment way to many times this summer getting excited, so now I'm just gonna wait and see.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

(This is a grain of salt.)
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

Le wut? XD
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

Le wut? XD
    *sigh* Now it's ruined because I have to explain it.
    To take a statement with 'a grain of salt' is to maintain a degree of skepticism about its truth.
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

I got ya!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

:lol: :thumbup:
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited August 2014
    If are getting a app store update it means a event or an expansion. So now I can assume its safe to say major event tomorrow. Also thanks for posting this :thumbup:

Amazing. How on earth is it safe to say it's a major event tomorrow?

:lol::lol: :roll: :roll:

A major event could occupy us until September which would give us the "crazy bananas update" and probably a few tie ins and a level update. Which would bring us to October where we get Halloween and tapped outs busy season begins. So ya it would make sense plus every recent major event has been on a Tuesday and there has always been a major event every other month (the last one was in June so it would fit in with the pattern) plus I doubt they would make a app store update just to fix glitches since content has been very slow lately. Not only that a major event would be great for EA it would give them more sales for the premium items, and it would also mean they could go two or three weeks without updating since without episodes to make tie ins for they have been running low on content.

EDIT- apparently this tweet is fake so ya I still stand by my comment on why a major event would fit in but um not I am not as sure since we have no guarantee for an app store update...
  • urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    If are getting a app store update it means a event or an expansion. So now I can assume its safe to say major event tomorrow. Also thanks for posting this :thumbup:

A major event could occupy us until September which would give us the "crazy bananas update" and probably a few tie ins and a level update. Which would bring us to October where we get Halloween and tapped outs busy season begins. So ya it would make sense plus every recent major event has been on a Tuesday and there has always been a major event every other month (the last one was in June so it would fit in with the pattern) plus I doubt they would make a app store update just to fix glitches since content has been very slow lately. Not only that a major event would be great for EA it would give them more sales for the premium items, and it would also mean they could go two or three weeks without updating since without episodes to make tie ins for they have been running low on content.

EDIT- apparently this tweet is fake so ya I still stand by my comment on why a major event would fit in but um not I am not as sure since we have no guarantee for an app store update...

Who said it's fake? :o

But I agree with tou on the major event.
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok, keeping occupied as best as possible in the meantime...
    Chilicookoff w/the cool coyote would be my preference 8)

Screenshot_2014-07-26-11-38-51-1_zps7950521d.png
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited August 2014
    urlaub694 wrote:

Who said it's fake? :o

But I agree with tou on the major event.

Unfortunately the tweet is fake I looked on EA's page and there was not a single tweet August 10th from them. But they could off removed it but I kind of doubt it.
  • joniferous
    509 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    4EGnIIhs.jpg

I got the reference, but where I'm from it's a pinch of salt. Strange how those things change in different areas!

I don't know if this tweet is real, fake or actually a banana, but I do hope they fix the bart screen thingy soon.
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I am so happy that they are finally going to fix the login connections error that occurs every single time before you log in to your account. I was expecting a brand new level update this week but since it will be an App Store update it might be something bigger than just a level update. I actually can not wait for a new content update to come out this week.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • HawleyBDB
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Major updates are usually Wednesdays aren't they?
    I may be wrong there?

Can't wait for a new update. I missed half of the Stonecutter event because I was away!
    Username: KidHawley
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!