edited August 2014
    Good luck guys :thumbup:
    Can't believe mine were 5 years ago :roll:
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    MrJuanMata wrote:
    Good luck mate, good to see you around again :wink:
    I was just thinking I hadn't seen you around lately, haha thank you- you aware you won my competition in the WC
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    What is AS/AS2?
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    MrJuanMata wrote:
    Good luck mate, good to see you around again :wink:
    I was just thinking I hadn't seen you around lately, haha thank you- you aware you won my competition in the WC
    Haha, I wasn't, what competition was that again? :lol:
  • ZAINH17__ZSH
    2739 posts
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

AS is for year 12's (first year A-Levels) and A2 is for year 13's (second year A-Levels) <
    these results determine university places.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Good luck everybody waiting for their results! :thumbup:
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

AS is for year 12's (first year A-Levels) and A2 is for year 13's (second year A-Levels) <

That makes no sense whatsoever, glad I didnt have to deal with that. How does a result determine where you go to college? seems dumb to me.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

That makes no sense whatsoever, glad I didnt have to deal with that. How does a result determine where you go to college? seems dumb to me.

Er.....
    One example- Med school. They want the best and ones who are competent and bright, hence the need for exams. The best unis want the best candidates, simples. In the uk university is different to college. Uni is where high level degrees are obtained
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

Er.....
    One example- Med school. They want the best and ones who are competent and bright, hence the need for exams. The best unis want the best candidates, simples. In the uk university is different to college. Uni is where high level degrees are obtained

colleges and university are the same thing here both give you the "high degrees." there are SATs but they dont determine which one you go to.
  • joniferous
    509 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

Er.....

colleges and university are the same thing here both give you the "high degrees." there are SATs but they dont determine which one you go to.

It's like in the same way that you won't get into one of the top schools like Harvard if you do badly. You won't get into your top choice of uni in the UK if your results are bad, but you'd go to your second choice instead maybe.
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    What is AS/AS2?

the exams dont literally decide what Uni you go to, they just mean that if you get good marks you'll get into a good uni, if you don't you'll probably end up going to one of your lesser choices. From what I've read it's the same with SATs over there.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!