EA Forums - Banner

My Krustyland - what do you think?

Prev1
SUmgVLT.gif

That is an awesome KL :thumbup:

I really like the top half with all the trees circling the rides....that looks wicked :thumbup:

Replies

• sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been meaning to PM you about your KL. It's truly awesome! I'm totally going to steal the 3D ideas you've done - quite effective and interesting to see up close how you've made it work. Great job! :thumbup:
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The 3D effect is really well done...Great job!
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow. I am blown away by your KL!
    If only I could love my children as much as I love your Krustyland..... Must stop typing.... Weeping due to the beauty of your..... It really is amazing....
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Impressive! And I think the log ride/Mt krustmore looks fantastic.
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Magnificent job neighbor!
  • 1Mastiff
    184 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks really good in this thread, but just visited it and it I must say I am very impressed, don't be surprised if I borrow some ideas! Top marks neighbour.
  • Bluejays20091
    403 posts
    edited August 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    So, I had never been particularly enthusiastic about designing Krustyland because it has no water and I had never found a 3D illusion that looked good. Recently, however, I was inspired by some excellent 3D designs by sk3ly and G0thamgirl / pharrah2003 and decided to get to work. Here's the panorama:

HQcFlWKl.jpg

Full-size panorama link: http://i.imgur.com/HQcFlWK.jpg

What do you think? Does the 3D work? Any feedback / suggestions are greatly appreciated. Personally, I'm on the fence about Mt. Krustmore.

Should also say that while I try not to copy other people's designs, Maegnificent's Radioactive Man nuclear tree arrangement (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9661997.page) was so stunning that I had to use it, and I also borrowed the bumper car idea from somewhere. Another incredible KL is mitzytaz's (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9329979.page) -- I was inspired by some of her greenery.

Here's a small shot of the entrance. To see the rest in high res, check out the panorama link above.

Parkentranceandcarnivalattractions800saveasqual8_zps352d411e.jpg~original
    looks amazing :mrgreen:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nice! :thumbup:
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I too was meaning to PM you about this rebuild, and I'm glad I get to praise it in public instead. The thing is I've had my characters in KL while you were working on this so I could buy up the remaining land and an adequate supply of benches to copy your 3D effects!

I gave up yesterday when I realized those effects are incidental: I've simply never seen other towns with a such a well-developed sense of topography. Of course, your main town does this to the point where it appears to have its own ecosystem, but that you've pulled it off in KL with benches and some strategically placed trees and balloons thoroughly depresses me!
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wowsers!! :shock: can you do my krustyland? :P always a pleasure seeing what you come up with neighbour!
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    :) Ha. I PM'd you earlier about how much I liked your KL, then I come in here and I didn't even know there's a thread about it!
    That should let you know how cool it is. The ring of trees is probably one of my favorites and it's things like that, that open up my eyes to the untapped (no pun intended) potential for design in this game. It's got me wanting to come up with new shapes/designs for all sorts of things.
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Awesome Design :thumbup:
    Really nice 3D effects.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow . Just amazing designing. Impressive 3d.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm glad that you guys like it. With KL, you are pretty much left to design things for your own amusement, as game oversights have made KL visits slightly cumbersome and unrewarding.
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    I too was meaning to PM you about this rebuild, and I'm glad I get to praise it in public instead. The thing is I've had my characters in KL while you were working on this so I could buy up the remaining land and an adequate supply of benches to copy your 3D effects!

I gave up yesterday when I realized those effects are incidental: I've simply never seen other towns with a such a well-developed sense of topography. Of course, your main town does this to the point where it appears to have its own ecosystem, but that you've pulled it off in KL with benches and some strategically placed trees and balloons thoroughly depresses me!
    No way -- the 3D and everything else in your SF is quite awesome. Would love to see what you can pull off in KL.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Looks great
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Simply amazing, I never would have thought you could successfully incorporate 3D like that in Krustyland. The grass ramps between levels are particularly well done.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • 4junk3000
    6078 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That is some excellent work right there. Nice job.

I absolutely love the back corner with Mt Krustmore and the new log ride. Perfect placement to capitalize on the sand stone and water features.

I also love the embankment you created with trees tapering to force 3d perspective. This is the one below the radioactive man ride. It definitely appears to be an uphill grassy area.

Only problem i see is how do guests walk from one level to the next? I don't see ramps or stairs.

You could try adding a path on that hill, using flowers to run parallel to the line you established with the trees to maintain equal slope? Or, maybe something resembling a bridge behind the hotel? I see you extended the path there. Idk just guessing...

But the benches work better than i would have expected. Great job repurposing that object, and placement of features too. Really good job. I hope it was fun and you are proud of it!

Now you can join me in suggesting naysayers give KL a second look!

P.s. thanks for posting the big pic on imgur. I didn't know you could post res that high/size that big
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    4junk3000 wrote:
    Only problem i see is how do guests walk from one level to the next? I don't see ramps or stairs.

You could try adding a path on that hill, using flowers to run parallel to the line you established with the trees to maintain equal slope? Or, maybe something resembling a bridge behind the hotel? I see you extended the path there. Idk just guessing...
    Was wondering if the lack of connecting paths between levels was noticeable. I had tried making an upsloping path with flowers but it looked awkward, so I left the area grassy, leaving everyone to assume that visitors just walk up the grassy slope. Thinking about it now, another idea would be to cover the entire slope with path and line the sides with palm trees. Or I could make a fake entry tunnel similar to the one under Mt. Krustmore and have the visitors pop out behind a building or large object. Or I could leave it grassy -- definitely open to any suggestions.
    4junk3000 wrote:
    P.s. thanks for posting the big pic on imgur. I didn't know you could post res that high/size that big
    I prefer imgur for big panorama pics because there are no bandwidth limits. That said, even when you turn on high quality image uploads, it automatically compresses files that are above a certain file size. Through some trial and error, I've found that if I can keep my pics under 4.3 megs, imgur will leave them alone
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    That's awesome! I think you might need a path behind the Haunted mansion to help with the movement to that part of the park. But I also agree that if you line the slopes a little it helps make the 3D image a little better.

I definitely love the circle of trees around the Radioactive man ride.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been meaning to PM you about your KL. It's truly awesome! I'm totally going to steal the 3D ideas you've done - quite effective and interesting to see up close how you've made it work. Great job! :thumbup:

by the way I hope you don't mind im taking your design for your roads and redoing it in my new Springfield I really like that design that you have for your roads.

and when I have the energy to redo my krustyland I also will make some use of the designs in the above picture because those things look far wicked great job great job. it's such a great job that I had to repeat it three times
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.