EA Forums - Banner

Hey EA, how about revamping the FP prize system?

Prev1
Heres a few FP prizes they can add..

ticket_guy.jpg

shifty_eyed_dog_achieve.jpg

Replies

• ryandelpo
    96 posts
    edited August 2014
    Epic
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014

ticket_guy.jpg

If I could "like" that post, I would.
  • bettyboojm
    49 posts
    edited August 2014
    Please make this happen
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Good idea! It would definitely encourage people to visit! :-)
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2014

ticket_guy.jpg

Neat! ... and named after Mods too, lol. :mrgreen:
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • tommy1724
    1972 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Amazonprimechick, that is an AWESOME idea! It'd really keep things fresh and interesting, even in what otherwise would be a dry spell event/update wise. The four item blocks would be a great way to have mini events based on specific episodes!
  • 4kidsandacatdog
    3078 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That could work...but could we keep the current prizes in the rotation? I really want Stampy!
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That could work...but could we keep the current prizes in the rotation? I really want Stampy!

Don't worry you'll get Stampy. :D
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    This isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure I'd be too keen on a "blocks that combine to make a picture" thing, but sets of objects, matching decorations, and the like would be neat.
  • LuvsDrama2
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    That would be awesome and i do agree with it. :D
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    This isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure I'd be too keen on a "blocks that combine to make a picture" thing, but sets of objects, matching decorations, and the like would be neat.

It could be whatever and hopefully created by more inventive person than me. :)
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think new FP prizes are fine but not limited time only. That is fine for special events but what about all of those who aren't at end game yet they get left out of these prizes then. Unless they are a separate track than the current one. Also they would have to have lower the FP needed to get if they are only available for two weeks. I'm doubt most people are able to get the full possible FP daily and possibly not the time to do it every day. My daily average since july 1st is about 130 FP. This is because I fall into both of those factors. At the end of two weeks that would be about 1,800 FP.

Personally I think continual new prizes added each month plus other tap rewards would be better incentive. Like rather than random chance of donuts maybe make it every 15 actions you get one donut. To a max of 10 donuts per 24 hours. And not require having gotten all FP prizes to get donuts.
  • amazonprimechic
    1261 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think new FP prizes are fine but not limited time only. That is fine for special events but what about all of those who aren't at end game yet they get left out of these prizes then. Unless they are a separate track than the current one. Also they would have to have lower the FP needed to get if they are only available for two weeks. I'm doubt most people are able to get the full possible FP daily and possibly not the time to do it every day. My daily average since july 1st is about 130 FP. This is because I fall into both of those factors. At the end of two weeks that would be about 1,800 FP.

Personally I think continual new prizes added each month plus other tap rewards would be better incentive. Like rather than random chance of donuts maybe make it every 15 actions you get one donut. To a max of 10 donuts per 24 hours. And not require having gotten all FP prizes to get donuts.

I don't think EA will ever give donuts that freely. It was a big step just to get the few we get now.

As far as the Friend Points I think two weeks should be plenty of time for most to earn a prize at say 2-3K. It has been a while but I think I would get somewhere in 600-800 range per day. Are handshakes in your SF still counted towards FPs? It would encourage you to pickup a few more friends or you could pay the price for the item later.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited August 2014
    FP prizes should never be time limited not everyone has 100 neighbours or the time to waste 30mins a day visiting them

besides having them not time limited allows people to play the game at the pace they want to play.. out of events i don't want to be forced to play everyday to unlock prizes.. makes the game feel like more of a chore
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    No to the idea of time limited prizes. New players often get envious enough regarding event items they can no longer get. To make FP prizes limited only to those who played while they were available as well would just be another fly in the ointment. Not everything needs to be locked from new folks.
  • Raven_Darkstorm
    418 posts Member
    edited August 2014

I don't think EA will ever give donuts that freely. It was a big step just to get the few we get now.

As far as the Friend Points I think two weeks should be plenty of time for most to earn a prize at say 2-3K. It has been a while but I think I would get somewhere in 600-800 range per day.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought from reading on the forums that the average donuts randomly gotten from friend actions was 7 per day but you have to have all FP prizes to be able to get them. Of course I chose a rounded up number to go with. As far as 600-800 FP daily you have to have 100 friends and get 3 actions on almost all of them to get that many. Plus their actions on you. I have 100 friends but it takes me 1.5 or so hours to cycle through all of them hunting their towns for actions I can do.
  • rasmusreckew
    68 posts
    edited August 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    FP prizes should never be time limited not everyone has 100 neighbours or the time to waste 30mins a day visiting them

besides having them not time limited allows people to play the game at the pace they want to play.. out of events i don't want to be forced to play everyday to unlock prizes.. makes the game feel like more of a chore

Well said and I totally agree with you, although I use 23 minutes a day to check on all my neighbours, but I like that it's not forced. Timelimits are great, but they can be stressful.

Another aspect is that a new item ever two weeks would pretty soon take the fun out of it and we would just have a bunch of "junk" sitting in the box together with all the festive decorations bought over time.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    epolng wrote:
    No to the idea of time limited prizes. New players often get envious enough regarding event items they can no longer get. To make FP prizes limited only to those who played while they were available as well would just be another fly in the ointment. Not everything needs to be locked from new folks.
    Agreed. More consistent release would be nice, but making them limited time isn't something I can get behind.
    Perhaps I'm mistaken but I thought from reading on the forums that the average donuts randomly gotten from friend actions was 7 per day but you have to have all FP prizes to be able to get them.
    I really hope you're mistaken, or I have been getting super screwed :shock: (I average one a day. If I'm lucky.)
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Worst.idea.ever.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Not bad. But people who dont visit their neighbours will hate it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!