EA Forums - Banner

EA was very good to me

Prev1
Cool! Wow free items and donuts :0 your lucky!

I accidently bought gil back to school deal yesterday. Didn't want to so I contacted EA. Hopefully I get response soon.

Replies

• lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow that's awesome. Good to know that people do have good experiences with EA's support. I've been lucky enough to not have had any issues (yet) but I know people on here complain a lot (people here? complain? No.....) about the service they've received when they've contacted EA so it's nice to hear the flip side.

Congrats on your purchase and free donuts. Use them wisely!
  • Donna4612
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't remember when the Gil deal for the Mayan package came out, but it was at least a week before I contacted them and quite a while before I received a response. So just be patient.
  • amcevil
    350 posts
    edited August 2014
    Amazing. I bought Gil's deal and my donuts didn't show up and neither did my premium box item - the free building that EA included with the recent dumpster full of donuts. EA credited my 576 donuts but didn't give me my premium building and credited me a measly 6 donuts instead.

Congrats on a good interaction with EA customer service. I doubt it's the norm though.
  • ottobusdude
    107 posts
    edited August 2014
    Well done Donna, keep complaining until they're sick of you :twisted: And whats a few hundred donuts to EA :?
  • chris6271
    4012 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Congrats. :thumbup:
    That makes me happy for you. Very good Support from EA.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, this is probably a partial lie. They will never do such a full refund, let alone handled by TWO different people. The first part is probably true. The other 200 donuts are a plain lie. 1000% sure of that.

Cases do not cross with different customer care employees. They don't even interact with one another about cases. Gppd try to sell a lie though.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Good on ya :thumbup:
  • Dotcom180
    601 posts
    edited August 2014
    Holly molly!!! i think i'm gonna passed out, so many donuts... :oops: :XD:
  • Donna4612
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Yeah, this is probably a partial lie. They will never do such a full refund, let alone handled by TWO different people. The first part is probably true. The other 200 donuts are a plain lie. 1000% sure of that.

Cases do not cross with different customer care employees. They don't even interact with one another about cases. Gppd try to sell a lie though.

Why would you think I would lie? It did happen. Do you need to see the emails to prove it Mr. Doubting Thomas?

• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    Wow!!! That certainly does seem like a lot. Makes me want to go back to them and ask them why I only got 20 for being locked out of the game for weeks.

What was the survey all about? When I asked them about it they said EA didn't give donuts for completing surveys.
  • TAGSfan60982
    586 posts
    edited August 2014
    Wow!!!
  • Donna4612
    364 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Wow!!! That certainly does seem like a lot. Makes me want to go back to them and ask them why I only got 20 for being locked out of the game for weeks.

What was the survey all about? When I asked them about it they said EA didn't give donuts for completing surveys.

The survey was about their customer service and my experience with it.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited August 2014
    Donna4612 wrote:
    jraffa50 wrote:

The survey was about their customer service and my experience with it.

Interesting. I wonder why they told me they didn't give donuts out for surveys. I'm going to have to check back through my correspondence with them to see if I've gotten a special survey like that.
  • Nitemare-rexx
    541 posts
    edited August 2014
    it probally all depends on who you get. some ppl are nice, some are jerks, and some just had a really good and/or bad day.
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    When I had some stonecutter skins missing, EA replaced the skins and gave me 200 donuts in addition. A very nice S Brooke.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    NICE! :thumbup:
  • ZennGlenn
    1721 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup, as mentioned a couple months back in a thread about seeking EA support it truly depends on who ya get, how their day has been & how much discretion / authority they may have; same as any customer service anywhere else... have also had solid mixed results as w/ the best being similar to those mentioned & others w/zero results... so, it indeed never fails to be persistent if issues aren't resolved 8)

• urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I once had my devils float missing - Ingot it back with a additional 140 donuts.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations, neighbor!! :lol::lol:

That is a good story to hear. I, too, had a positive experience with EA customer service after not receiving my full package from a Gil deal. But it was back in Christmas, and I also received my donuts, plus some free, 50, I think. So I was more than pleased. I took about a week for it to be resolved, but it all worked out well for me also.

• bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited August 2014
    amcevil wrote:
    Amazing. I bought Gil's deal and my donuts didn't show up and neither did my premium box item - the free building that EA included with the recent dumpster full of donuts. EA credited my 576 donuts but didn't give me my premium building and credited me a measly 6 donuts instead.

Congrats on a good interaction with EA customer service. I doubt it's the norm though.

You need to reopen your case, because you did not receive the full value of this purchase. The cheapest premium building offered through this deal was the Fireworks, Puppy, and Candy Store, and it was 60 donuts. Therefore, they should have offered you at least the 576 plus 60 donuts, plus 6 donuts for your troubles. I would definitely do this if I were you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!