EA Forums - Banner

Three times The Crashy Goodness sucking the fun. s EA

Prev1
Euhm, could it be your device? I'm having no crashes at all. Must be half a year ago i had one. And my town is too heavily decorated.

Replies

• urlaub694
    3608 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yep, had crashing before, then it left for months and now its back..
  • GinaandBarry
    143 posts
    edited August 2014
    Seems to be less crashing with this event on my device (Samsung Galaxy tablet), but there is still crashing.
    I hope your game gets sorted soon.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Gotta say, from my end, the game has never been more stable. Hard to point the finger at EA on it.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've been saying this for awhile now (and if it isn't fixed soon it will probably cause me to stop), the game needs recoding. Piling update after update onto an already unstable game is a recipe for disaster.

On the surface it appears EA are just throwing new stuff into the game to hide the cracks emerging and keep people happy.. Oh and maximise profits.

***edit

I really hope they're trying to fix it... But I've not seen anything. When I scroll through my town about 1/3 of the buildings 'flicker' and I can't actually get a screenshot without buildings at the edge being vanished
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I normally don't have any problems except for the Bart screen in the beginning that has been happening for a while now.. But with this update - just this morning its crashed over 5 times.. And I have PLENTY of space on my device. If most of the people are having problems with crashes, I would think that its not devices but rather the game itself.
  • sizzlefork
    61 posts
    edited August 2014
    Crashing was frequent before, but has become worse since yesterdays update.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Crashing is ruining this event. I couldn't even read the introductory dialog bubble explaining what nerds and elixirs do. It crashed.
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Euhm, could it be your device? I'm having no crashes at all. Must be half a year ago i had one. And my town is too heavily decorated.

Exactly.

If you have an older device or very little memory on even newer devices, that's probably why you're experiencing crashing.

Mainly, I'd consider deleting photos, videos, or apps you don't use. I'd also seriously consider getting a new device sometime soon (not just to play the game, just generally speaking).

In the meantime, before opening TSTO, force close all other apps on your device. That may improve things.

But yeah, for people with newer devices, the game is running just fine.
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

When the crashing happens over three different devices, i gotta say it's not the device. Why is that Always the thing someone comes up with? Seriously... -facepalm-
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I havent had crashing as such, have the occasional blimp here n there, but what i am finding at the moment mainly on my iPhone4 and iPad2 is that the game will SLOW right down and drag massively across the screen and take ages for something to react to being tapped, i dont have this issue with my iPhone5

I have re-booted the devices which seems to sort it out but does seem to keep happening since the update, nothing to do with the memory on them as i have loads of space but seems odd none the less.
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited August 2014
    DIrishB wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

Exactly.

If you have an older device or very little memory on even newer devices, that's probably why you're experiencing crashing.

Mainly, I'd consider deleting photos, videos, or apps you don't use. I'd also seriously consider getting a new device sometime soon (not just to play the game, just generally speaking).

In the meantime, before opening TSTO, force close all other apps on your device. That may improve things.

But yeah, for people with newer devices, the game is running just fine.

I have said this time and again.

It is NOT the device. Read the forums. You could have the Latest, most expensive phone/ tablet/ Whatever - and this game will glitch and crash. someone said it earlier, but the game needs to be recorded. This game has been around for nearly 3 years now. Other games of this type don't have nearly the same stability issues.

If it is about town decoration, that is ludicrous because of the content that is released If it is a Device issue. a simple fix would be to provide a list of devices that this game will work on - but the bottom line is this game is unstable.

it's poorly planned and it is designed to grab cash. quality game play? yeah right.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6381 posts Moderator
    edited August 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I really hope they're trying to fix it... But I've not seen anything. When I scroll through my town about 1/3 of the buildings 'flicker' and I can't actually get a screenshot without buildings at the edge being vanished

This really bugs me a great deal. This seems to be the only bug I encounter & it's annoying as hell. Other than this, I don't experience any crashes or game ending bugs.
  • sizzlefork
    61 posts
    edited August 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:

When the crashing happens over three different devices, i gotta say it's not the device. Why is that Always the thing someone comes up with? Seriously... -facepalm-

What these people keep overlooking is
    1. The mid-May donut-laced apology from EA. It came with an update that seemed to alleviate a significant amount of crashing for a large number of people. Many of those people that got relief from crashing then are experiencing crashing again after subsequent updates. (As in, not the users device.)
    2. The server maintenance of several weeks ago, where many users experienced and reported extremely quick load times, a lack of crashing, and a notable lack of Bart-'can't connect' screens. (Again, an indication that it is not the users device.)
    3. That their own experience on a particular device can offer absolutely no guidance as to the question of where the fault rests for a particular crash symptom. All they can say with any certainty is they don't have crashing on their particular device. They then wiggle around a sticky pile of logic to assert that this means your device is faulty. If it were of any more consequence than a silly game, it'd be maddening.
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited August 2014
    sizzlefork wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

1. The mid-May donut-laced apology from EA. It came with an update that seemed to alleviate a significant amount of crashing for a large number of people. Many of those people that got relief from crashing then are experiencing crashing again after subsequent updates. (As in, not the users device.)
    2. The server maintenance of several weeks ago, where many users experienced and reported extremely quick load times, a lack of crashing, and a notable lack of Bart-'can't connect' screens. (Again, an indication that it is not the users device.)
    3. That their own experience on a particular device can offer absolutely no guidance as to the question of where the fault rests for a particular crash symptom. All they can say with any certainty is they don't have crashing on their particular device. They then wiggle around a sticky pile of logic to assert that this means your device is faulty. If it were of any more consequence than a silly game, it'd be maddening.

I could not have put it more eloquently myself. thank you!
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    sizzlefork wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:

I could not have put it more eloquently myself. thank you!

Except Wijshield was asking ONE PERSON based on his experience. They didnt refer to different devices or any of the other * you spouted. If you're gonna complain, at least use some evidence that supports your point.
  • frogmommy15
    77 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I would believe it is instability in the game itself. Prior to the Clash Of Clones event, my only issues were the Bart Re-try screen logging in, along with image "flickering".

With this event, my game crashes constantly - going to Krustlyland, visiting neighbours, sometimes when I'm just chilling in my own town - and particularly unstable in design mode!

Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about coding or server maintenance - based on user experience only.

Edit: remove duplicate word I couldn't spell to begin with :mrgreen:
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I cleared my cache this morning, as another thread mentioned that it would stop the crashing. No crashing so far. Here's hoping it stays that way.
  • Fettster777
    510 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I use an older device. Ipod touch 4th gen. The game is much slower than it used to be and it will crash if I visit a friend's town whose town is very large. It put down as the lack of RAM in my device. I'm just glad the game still works on it though. I tried that Family Guy game and it worked briefly for a while but now it won't even open without crashing immediately.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The crashing has been happening for me quite a bit, and well before this event. I'm on an Acer Iconia Android tablet with Kit Kat, and it was just as bad when I had Jellybean. I've never had a case where I've had to reboot just to get my tablet back, just that it has stopped and then I have to go back in. Not logging in the first time seems to be mostly fixed, as I don't have that problem very often at all now.

In any case, this is terribly frustrating, and is something I pray that they fix SOON. It takes quick visits and makes them take forever. Sometimes it runs perfectly, and sometimes I get 5-6 crashes before I finish my current session. Last night, it took me over 45 minutes to do my friends, attacks, and re-tasking my citizens. It should have taken about 30 at the most.

I've cleared my cache, and it's helped for a while. I also use Security 360 (nothing to do with Xbox 360) which clears all app caches at once. Generally, it doesn't help as much as I'd like.

EA, I implore you: Please fix the crashes. It's been going on for a long time, and it's making a great game a chore to play.
  • 4junk3000
    6214 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    A lot of crashes are due to communication issues with their servers.

There are a lot of people playing this game, and the game requires many, many, time syncs between device and server.

Any time there's a communication delay, the game will simply fail out to force the device to request a reestablish link.

There a lot of reasons for a crash, but for people with competently spec'd devices, it's usually because of communication break down from heavy traffic. Kind of like all of us calling the radio station at once for concert tickets.

It would be nice if we could see the reason for the crash, like if the fail screen included an error code!

All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.