EA Forums - Banner

Do you wonder?

I'm gonna have a hedge maze the size of Texas!

Replies

• autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    A million a day? Where on earth did you hear that? No way thats true lol :lol:

The game will still be going in a years time, but long term players will suffer as more items, characters etc will put extra strain on the game and cause yet more crashing....
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    autographz wrote:

The game will still be going in a years time, but long term players will suffer as more items, characters etc will put extra strain on the game and cause yet more crashing....

There is a post buried somewhere in here about an interview with the COO of EA and he said that this particular game makes 1 million a day (he was very vague as to whether it was every day or on their best day). He definitely said $1 million a day.
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited December 2012
    They would seriously need to upgrade the servers. I think that is why they haven't released it on the android market yet, as the servers won't handle the extra users.
  • kevingibbons
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    Im just saying is what I heard on the forums and with the price of donuts and how addicting this game is its mo wonder!
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    autographz wrote:

There is a post buried somewhere in here about an interview with the COO of EA and he said that this particular game makes 1 million a day (he was very vague as to whether it was every day or on their best day). He definitely said $1 million a day.

Here's the thread on the interview: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9165501.page
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    2917592.jpg
  • kevingibbons
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    2917592.jpg

Sonny your ludacris!
  • autographz
    172 posts
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    autographz wrote:

Here's the thread on the interview: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9165501.page

Link in the original thread is dead, $1m a day from the app store I can believe, but no way from TSTO alone. Thanks for the link though, I'm off to google to try find a working link!
  • winstonrhodes
    38 posts
    edited December 2012
    A friend if mine had a level 100 FarmVille game a few months back that I was exploring... That thing was massive!! It was almost a full time job for her to manage! It took her 2 years to get to that point. I can't imagine what our Springfields will be like (other than very "crashy") in the same amount of time! That said, I think she maxed out and finally gave up! She spent a ton of real world $$ on the thing but finally just couldn't do any more with it. A bit disturbing when you think that eventually that will happen to the majority if us here as well!

Cheers,
    JR
  • kevingibbons
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    A friend if mine had a level 100 FarmVille game a few months back that I was exploring... That thing was massive!! It was almost a full time job for her to manage! It took her 2 years to get to that point. I can't imagine what our Springfields will be like (other than very "crashy") in the same amount of time! That said, I think she maxed out and finally gave up! She spent a ton of real world $$ on the thing but finally just couldn't do any more with it. A bit disturbing when you think that eventually that will happen to the majority if us here as well!

Cheers,
    JR

A bit sad as well as disturbing:-/ I have yet ti buy donuts on it but I think I will but I shoukdn't because it is only a game and I know I will eventually regret it aswell as most other people who have spent donuts
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    http://www.bloomberg.com/video/ea-s-moore-says-mobile-gaming-future-of-industry-c8ee_o9hTiiVoVO7dytLkA.html

This is the interview. It's Bloomberg TV.

I searched ("googled" but since I use Yahoo didn't want to call it that lol) for EA COO interview and it was the first return.
  • the_jazzdevil
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ha, nice find Sonny... I spotted that too, but was too polite to flag it :lol:
  • lrc1
    122 posts
    edited December 2012

A bit sad as well as disturbing:-/ I have yet ti buy donuts on it but I think I will but I shoukdn't because it is only a game and I know I will eventually regret it aswell as most other people who have spent donuts

I don't think it is sad or disturbing, neither do I think that anyone should regret buying donuts in moderation, unless they cannot afford to buy them.

I justify spending £40+ on an Xbox game because it gives me enjoyment, and it will keep me out of the pub enough nights to pay for itself. I have spent more hours playing TSTO than I have on most Xbox games, so in a way I owe it to the developers to pay cash for donuts, in lieu of the hours of enjoyment they have provided for me.
  • Jopa79
    357 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The game has already been going for almost a year. There is so much more new content they could add, so I don't see why it wouldn't continue for several years.
  • winstonrhodes
    38 posts
    edited December 2012

I was in much the same position when I started playing back in the spring... I was determined not to "invest" in something so intangible as this.
    But... over time I began thinking of other "distractions" that I pay willingly for... my morning coffee costs me $2 a day... A snack here and there... Dinner out... none if which is "necessary" by any stretch (well maybe the coffee is)... but I reason that if I spend maybe $10 a month on a game that I literally have my nose in 20 times a day... then... just maybe it was worth it to have that darn tire fire in my Springfield!

So that's my logic... If it keeps you out of trouble and brings you a little joy... then why not? Just be reasonable...

Cheers,
    JR
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ha, nice find Sonny... I spotted that too, but was too polite to flag it :lol:

Gah! I'm trying like hell to figure out what the heck you guys are going on about.....then....it hit me. Good one lol and now the photo makes sense. Sometimes I am very slow on the take...heh.
  • strycker21
    18 posts
    edited December 2012
    I was much the same and didn't want to spend real cash on the game, but the longer that UFO flew over my town and with the rest of Halloween completed, I threw in the towel and got Kang. I think if it gives you some decent characters or special features, it's worth a few bucks. I don't know if I can justify the 200 donuts at the moment for Santas Village, but only time will tell. Have 48 right now, contemplating 3 Homer Buddhas to try my luck for something good.
  • SNE4K
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    No freakin way they gross a mill per day...

Maybe a few grand per day at most !!
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    With over 500 episodes it has got a decent character/building pool to choose from! Don't see things going stale for a long time, and I agree that forking out a bit for premium stuff here and there isn't a problem as long as they keep decent stuff coming.

I hope they bring out a futurama version for example as the concept is absolutely brilliant, just at the moment the execution of it all is a little off.

But if everyone is still sticking with it even after these problems then they must be doing something right with it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.