EA Forums - Banner

Wait........huh???!

MamaLuck wrote:
1). Am I going to actually damage my neighbors' towns and buildings when I attack them? I mean, will I be permanently destroying anything that they can't get back? I'm sort of thinking about how lemon trees were at one point something that could be stolen; I don't want to do anything offensive to my neighbors....??!
No, your neighbors are able to repair buildings with one click.
MamaLuck wrote:
2). Can my neighbors really mess up MY town?? Can they ruin buildings or take away things I can't get back?
No again, you too can repair your buildings with one click, or defend against them ever being destroyed in the first place by tapping the shield that appears over them. No one can take anything either. It's all in good fun and beneficial to both sides of the "raid".

Replies

• DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nope, you won't permanently destroy their buildings. It's comparable to the graffiti thing. As soon as they click it their buildings rebuild themselves, plus they get gold and elixir which helps them advance in the event and upgrade their castles and characters (Homer, Bart, and Lisa in their alternate event related costumes).

I'm not sure what the point of upgrading the characters is, but I know upgrading your castles increase your castle defense (in other words it takes longer for invaders to destroy your castle).
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    When you attack a town and "destroy" something, it's nothing more then an animation of a destroyed building. You get the reward for it and when a neighbor returns to his/her town they just tap the building and it gets "fixed". You don't actually do any real harm to buildings, so attack away! :lol:
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok thank you everyone for the replies! I was so afraid to do anything lol. I was afraid that if attacking did actual damage if someone didn't check in, I'd feel awful if a neighbor was on vacation or something lol.

Phew!!

:D
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I LOVE events, but I have to admit I'm always confused when they start and I always find myself on here seeking some sort of answers or reassurance before I get into my groove. :-)
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    MamaLuck wrote:
    Ok thank you everyone for the replies! I was so afraid to do anything lol. I was afraid that if attacking did actual damage if someone didn't check in, I'd feel awful if a neighbor was on vacation or something lol.

Phew!!

:D
    It's all good! :mrgreen:

To be honest when the event first started I thought the castles could be destroyed and would have real ramifications, like having to actually spend event currency to fix it up, but thankfully that didn't happen!
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I hate to admit that this update is leaving me feeling old and dumb, lol. I miss the days when I just had to tap snakes and won prizes.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You get less elixir & gold for attaching neighbors. Personally if I am going to send nerds to attack, it will be random for possible more elixir & all.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.