EA Forums - Banner

...and you thought Stonecutters was hard work?!

Prev1
I cant wait for the weekend when i can actually give the game its full attention it needs as i just dont find the time to keep checking the game every 2hrs or when needed to defend.

They certainly making us work on this one thats for sure lol But least it a good update and loads to do :D

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I didn't think stonecutters was hard work, nor confusing. :-p
  • patzmcm
    703 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    This is a good brain exercise, right!

Since I'm not a completionist I decided to play and enjoy as much as I can - no waking up in the middle of the night, no timers. The event has made me laugh out loud a few times. So I'll be a good neighbor and have some fun!
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It's more complex than Stonecutters, that's for sure. I think as it goes along, we'll all get used to it.

For the moment, I've got all my characters on 12-hour tasks (except for the quest line) just to keep the variables down. I don't need the money, and it helps me concentrate on the attacks/defenses.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • jukan00
    2319 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    OP- I have faith in you (and all of us). With the attack a random person feature, a tapper doesn't even need a full friend list- or any friend list for this. After you have all the castles I feel we're going to progress very fast. Even without utilizing the best tactics/tips/tricks I think most of us will be done in 2 weeks.
    And then only about 5 weeks to sit around and wonder what to do now... :D
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    The hardest part is the low amount of total nerds you can have (just 40 for the entire event?). It takes no time for me to log every 2-4hours, clean some shields and collect nerds, and then use them when I have more time. The problem is that a high level castle will produce a lot of nerds, so you have to use them immediately to avoid clogging up your pool in just the next 2 hours. And with the one-nerd-per-building strategy this can become quite time-consuming if I really log every 2-4 hours.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    No event, complaints. Event, complaints.

Sigh.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm honestly not finding this event confusing in anyway, so for me this is great
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    The hardest part is the low amount of total nerds you can have (just 40 for the entire event?). It takes no time for me to log every 2-4hours, clean some shields and collect nerds, and then use them when I have more time. The problem is that a high level castle will produce a lot of nerds, so you have to use them immediately to avoid clogging up your pool in just the next 2 hours. And with the one-nerd-per-building strategy this can become quite time-consuming if I really log every 2-4 hours.

Someone posted that you can have more total nerds at once. 60 I think. Maybe higher? Cannot remember how.
  • ThunderRam
    60 posts
    edited August 2014
    If you consider this or Stonecutters "hard work" I'd hate to see you mow a small lawn.

• hughejars
    587 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    It's hard work if your 'fremium' I still don't have 3 of the stonecutters :evil:
  • cdepast
    2463 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Im actually finding this all pretty straightforward. If you just follow the storyline its a pretty well thought out event.
  • yukongirl123
    15179 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    This event is starting to cut into my forum time.... :cry:
  • pjblaze
    95 posts
    edited August 2014
    It's not really that complicated if you read the dialogue and learn as you go. The only reason i can see for people to get confused is because they want to know everything straight away and reading a huge chunk.of text on here isn't the easiest way of working it out
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2014
    The hardest event was whacking day
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    From what I've heard, Whacking Day was at least doable if you put in the time and had good neighbors.

The hardest (i.e. impossible without spending a load of donuts) event was Easter.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Thought it was a slow start, though now find it fun now. I already built 17 brown houses, 3 Krusty Burgers, & 3 Kwik-E-Marts (that only tap on for the Scratchy) for my neighbors to tap. Did this after reading that one needed stuff to tap for neighbors. I have chosen not to deliberately attack my neighbors, as there is less elixir & gold reward. Although have no issue with "revenge" if a neighbor attacks me.

Believe me, when I work I'm not checking every 2 hours. The game is long enough that there is no sense of urgency to get done fast. I spend donuts for Witch Marge & have to wait for a quest to begin to use.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I love this event :wink:
  • diverrob1225
    53 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So far I've found it to be enjoyable.
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:
    From what I've heard, Whacking Day was at least doable if you put in the time and had good neighbors.

The hardest (i.e. impossible without spending a load of donuts) event was Biiiiiiiiiiiip!!!!.
  • barrymcerlea
    2096 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:

Someone posted that you can have more total nerds at once. 60 I think. Maybe higher? Cannot remember how.

130 is the highest. You can increase the max number of nerds and number of nerds being produced by castles by using elixir to upgrade them. The upgrades stop at level 20 and after this you can 'waste' your elixir to get a few castle parts (which is good because the recycled and the cardboard parts cost donuts) upgrading to level 21 on each castle costs 105k elixir (I know?!) and you get a wall, type depending on which castle you upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!