EA Forums - Banner

Damn, how do you all have so much gold already?

Prev1
I have about 2600ish at the moment, you need to be on the game every two hours sending as many nerds out as possible to take full advantage of the game, there no time to rest in this event :lol:

Replies

• Khodro
    707 posts
    edited August 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I have about 2600ish at the moment, you need to be on the game every two hours sending as many nerds out as possible to take full advantage of the game, there no time to rest in this event :lol:

But still, I don't even get anywhere near that amount. Is it better to attack with one nerd per house or? I always use 10 nerds on every building.
  • LostCauze-NL
    315 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

But still, I don't even get anywhere near that amount. Is it better to attack with one nerd per house or? I always use 10 nerds on every building.

Yeah 1 per house is better, you get more people. More people = more revenge = more gold.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited August 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Yeah 1 per house is better, you get more people. More people = more revenge = more gold.

Oh I see. Thanks!
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Rushing as well. If you were ready to attack/defend on the first night - you would have been part of a small pool of towns available for random attacks. I'm also guessing you got a larger percentage of the people doing random attacks as friends hadn't rushed and weren't ready. As more folks can attack/defend, the pool of random towns grows. Additionally, more people are attacking neighbors instead of random, so there is less opportunities to defend.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited August 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Tbh I'm still trying to wrk that system out myself, i am doing a couple of nerds per neighbour at the moment, and occasionally sending the full amount to see what the difference will be :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    I apparently had some successful overnight attacks, because I woke up this morning to a pop-up saying I had gained nearly 1700 elixir and 450 gold while I slept. That progressed me pretty nicely. :mrgreen:
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been using the random town generator and targeting castles only 1/castle because the payout is greater. Also, when I received the cheaters pack as a prize, I used those on random castles only...
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    I've been using the random town generator and targeting castles only 1/castle because the payout is greater. Also, when I received the cheaters pack as a prize, I used those on random castles only...

Absolutely. Those red dice should ONLY be used on random castles. It's a waste to use them in any other fashion.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I only have 1100 or so in my two towns. Have not spent donuts. Friends are slow to get the update.

Check out the discussion on strategy over here

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/25/10150033.page

By the way, you can get a rough average of the amount of gold to get all the prizes by dividing 38,000 by the number of days. It's about 800 gold a day to just make it.

• Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014

By the way, you can get a rough average of the amount of gold to get all the prizes by dividing 38,000 by the number of days. It's about 800 gold a day to just make it.

That shouldn't be tough to reach. My castle finished building about 24 hours ago, and I've already collected about 2400 gold since (without using any donuts). Though, that pace will slow a little when the task line is completed and we stop getting the regular bonuses for each step.
  • Samaranth01
    2183 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I have about 1500 gold at the moment. I was lucky this time. They started this event on my days off. Going to be interesting seeing what my town looks like when I get home tonight :P
  • chris6271
    4013 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Currently I have 4030 gold coins. But I had speed up the first two tasks with donuts. And I have bought some nerds to attack the random SF.
  • Khodro
    707 posts
    edited August 2014
    Nine9Nines wrote:

That shouldn't be tough to reach. My castle finished building about 24 hours ago, and I've already collected about 2400 gold since (without using any donuts). Though, that pace will slow a little when the task line is completed and we stop getting the regular bonuses for each step.

How exactly did you reach that amount? Where did all that gold come from?
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Damn is allowed in this forum?
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    Khodro wrote:
    Nine9Nines wrote:

How exactly did you reach that amount? Where did all that gold come from?

I can't break it down exactly, but just from regular basic gameplay. I've been doing one nerd per building when I attack, and I've been sending my nerds out as soon as I get them. As I mentioned above, I've been splitting my nerds about 50/50 between regular neighbors and random towns. When I use them on a random town, I only use them on castles. On regular neighbors, I take castles if available, but if not I'll still attack a few houses instead.

Defending your town is a good source, as you get 10 gold for every successfully defended building. Keeping your castle(s) clear of shields invites more people to come back in and attack you, so I've been trying to do that as often as possible.

Also, just getting through the task lines in a timely manner helps as well. The bonus you get for completing each task is very helpful.

Also, whenever you get the red cheater dice, use them to instantly destroy random castles. You immediately get 140 elixir and 50 gold each time you do that, and I've had eight of them to use so far (they sometimes appear randomly when you defend a building in your own town, and you also get 5 of them for free when you reach a certain point in the task line).

And, as I noted in another thread, I had some luck while sleeping last night. I woke up this morning to 1700 elixir and 450 gold, so I must have had a slue of random castle attacks be successful.

Oh, one more tip, make sure you use all 5 allowed attacks on the Other Springfield every 24 hours, as those will always win.
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    How are people using 10 nerds per building? I can only send 8 or 9 per building before it stops me
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    Around 2200 here, one nerd per town, mainly on randomers, every dice spent on random castle. I think the daily income will rise since more people are entering the event, building more castles will bring more nerds and when all those people I see at over 10k in my friend list will complete the event in 20 days, in the other 30 days they will be bored and won't clean their houses so often.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Nitsujdark wrote:
    How are people using 10 nerds per building? I can only send 8 or 9 per building before it stops me

Maybe after upgrading Homer? Can someone confirm?

But sending more than one nerd seems like a gamble.

A nerd is a terrible thing to waste. Sorry, had to get that out of my system. :)
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Here's something you'll enjoy: I have a neighbor with over 43,000 gold and another over 38,000. How? I do not know.
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    Here's something you'll enjoy: I have a neighbor with over 43,000 gold and another over 38,000. How? I do not know.

They either spent a lot of money on donuts, or they got a lot of donuts in some other, less honest fashion that EA probably isn't fond of.

One thing is for sure, they've used a lot of donuts on the event.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.