EA Forums - Banner

So you cancelled Gil EA?? Bring him back!!!

Prev13
What do you mean he was pulled?

Replies

• WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    The person who looks into the update files said the latest update disabled him.. Makes sense since I haven't seen him at all today. Still don't understand how others have seen him today though.. Oh well, hopefully they bring him back
  • A_Bad_Exampl3
    916 posts
    edited December 2012
    So you cancelled Gil and his promotions EA?? Your corny for that. And probably missin out on ALOT of money by pulling the doughnut sale and Gil from the Christmas update.. So @ss.. BRING HIM BACK!!!

Why? I can think of a couple of good reasons to not due something that will cause customers to increase the activity that has been causing server issues.

The question is, what happened to the EA management style we know and loath?
  • Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've never seen Gil at all in my town.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I honestly don't know why they don't take more advantage of deals and discounts occasionally. They would absolutely soak up cash, it seems like a no-brainer.
  • adruralo
    3285 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Roonil2 wrote:
    I concur, never appeared.
    I already have the Krustylu studios, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Roonil2 wrote:
    I concur, never appeared.
    I already have the Krustylu studios, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Nope, I've got zip in the premium item department (with the exception of free burning bushes) and I haven't had Gil in my town either.
  • kschold
    235 posts
    edited December 2012
    That's Gil's M.O....short gigs, below par performance.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    I honestly don't know why they don't take more advantage of deals and discounts occasionally. They would absolutely soak up cash, it seems like a no-brainer.

Completely agree! People are always more willing to buy things at sale price that they wouldn't normally
    purchase. Could probably get a plethora of new buyers if they did occasional sales (like Black Friday, Christmas, etc.) They wouldn't need to do them often enough that people wait for the sale times, but they could throw a small bone our way every now and then! It would probably go a long way to placating some of the donut-price hostility that crops up here and there. Doesn't take much to make someone feel like you're giving back and rewarding them for their patronage (even if it really would increase their bottom line).

Then again, this forum seems littered with no-brainier ideas that have yet to be implemented on EA's part... :wink:
  • adruralo
    3285 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:

Completely agree! People are always more willing to buy things at sale price that they wouldn't normally
    purchase. Could probably get a plethora of new buyers if they did occasional sales (like Black Friday, Christmas, etc.) They wouldn't need to do them often enough that people wait for the sale times, but they could throw a small bone our way every now and then! It would probably go a long way to placating some of the donut-price hostility that crops up here and there. Doesn't take much to make someone feel like you're giving back and rewarding them for their patronage (even if it really would increase their bottom line).

Then again, this forum seems littered with no-brainier ideas that have yet to be implemented on EA's part... :wink:
    Very true. EA seems oblivious to good ideas and suggestions.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • josh4908
    801 posts
    edited December 2012
    Never saw him
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited December 2012
    Who is Gil?
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Who is Gill?? Reallly??

He's been in dozens of episodes and played a central part in at least one.

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Gil_Gunderson
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I never saw him and never got any updates either.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I was waiting for Gil before buying Santa's Village. The longer I wait, the less I care to have it. Gil did me a favor by stemming my impulses, with or without showing up.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    I wasn't planning on buying the first offer, but the donut sale would have been tempting.
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited December 2012
    spiffshine wrote:
    I was waiting for Gil before buying Santa's Village. The longer I wait, the less I care to have it. Gil did me a favor by stemming my impulses, with or without showing up.

So was I! Oh well looks like I just won't have it then.....
  • morganbaby1016
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    talk375 wrote:
    spiffshine wrote:

So was I! Oh well looks like I just won't have it then.....

I was seriously considering it but I had a feeling that something wasn't quite right with this whole thing.
  • wastecoatMay
    64 posts
    edited December 2012
    Well pity on EA, I had fully intended on buying some donuts next week during the sale.
    I guess they figured it was better to make no money off a digital item.
    Perhaps they ran out of day old donuts...
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Yea, I was definitely planning on getting some doughnuts next week but now I changed my mind. And will not be getting them at all. Kinds like EA decided to do. I don't understand why they don't think they bring in new customers and get some money out of the ones who normally don't buy, instead of nothing at all from them. EA might need a few classes in sales marketing. The old saying "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face" comes to mind with them
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    what about we wait for the actual week of the 25th and then complain? Im so sick of * cheaters spoiling everything on every god damn updates. If thats the case well yes they also lost 75$ from me cause I was buying a boatload the day I saw Gil in my town.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!