EA Forums - Banner

So you cancelled Gil EA?? Bring him back!!!

13Next

Replies

• zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm sticking to the theory that it was because they were having too many issues so they pulled it for now.
  • ivan91606
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I saw Gill once on my iphone while I was at work. He was offering a sale to buy the santas village and tree for 200. A 275 value. It had a ticker saying it would last for two days. After I went back on he was gone and it never appeared on my ipad when I got home. :?
  • Marcovarius
    558 posts
    edited December 2012
    Am I crazy or didI even read he could become a character according to the guy who decrypted the files of next updates?
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    dissapointed they have taken away the offer shame EA but i hope this doesn't mean that EA are not going to give us Gil as a stand alone character nevermind the offer i wuld all the donuts in the world to have Gil in my springfield

Bring Back Gil
    Bring Back Gil
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited December 2012
    I don't think they will have completely got rid of him, as they have put all the effort of making his character. They might just include him in a later update as they feel there is enough stuff in the Christmas update.

Who is this guy who looks into the update files btw?
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    I'm sticking to the theory that it was because they were having too many issues so they pulled it for now.

Seems reasonable to me. Whatever they did in the update, it seems to be working! No crazy blackouts recently. If they were prepared to offer a deal, I would think that they'd offer it (or something similar) at some point in the near future, when they are sure everything works properly again.

It is odd that he was popping up in people's towns early, though. I wonder why? Code written wrong?
  • xDaft_Punk
    152 posts
    edited December 2012
    If I remember correctly the next 25% off offer is meant to start on the 19th. So hopefully they fix him everything by then and re-enable him :cry:
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think a lot of people (me included) are a bit iffy about getting santa's village, it's a cool thing to have to remember the xmas update but the actual cost is a little too much for what it does!

Also there is a lot of cool premium stuff to go with the update, so a sale on donuts would tempt a lot of people. But of course if buying donuts is breaking the game frequently it'll be more trouble than it's worth.

Defo going to be back up and running before 24th/25th I'd think, not like EA to miss out on a good moneymaker eh
  • honest_abraham
    76 posts
    edited December 2012
    Did he have a voice, or is he like Fat Tony without a voice when you click on him?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!