EA Forums - Banner

Mythbusters

As long as the other two stick around, i'm ok with that.

Replies

  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I usually only watch random, old episodes, but I agree it won't be the same without them. It'll be kinda dull to just have the 2, even though they are awesome.
  • empathy77
    4189 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I love this show, this news makes me kinda sad. Discovery channel used to be a go-to channel. Now I pass over it every time.
  • yukongirl123
    15173 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Maybe we'll see them doing their own thing on another network.....
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    empathy77 wrote:
    I love this show, this news makes me kinda sad. Discovery channel used to be a go-to channel. Now I pass over it every time.

    Mythbusters is really the only show I watch on Discovery channel now, its gone down hill for me. Specially showing that stupid show Moonshiners, there are actually people out there who believes that crap is real :roll: Only other thing I have seen recently was the Nick Walenda walk and North America mini-series since I highly enjoyed Earth mini series.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I didn't even realize this show was still producing new content. I stopped watching it after they stopped busting myths and started busting movie myths. I don't find that interesting. I never really liked the 3 new characters myself anyways, so their departure is not a big deal to me. I do feel for those who enjoy them though. It's always a bummer when an actor you enjoy leaves a show you enjoy, i.e. Charlie Sheen for me.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    KrisV wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:
    I love this show, this news makes me kinda sad. Discovery channel used to be a go-to channel. Now I pass over it every time.

    Mythbusters is really the only show I watch on Discovery channel now, its gone down hill for me. Specially showing that stupid show Moonshiners, there are actually people out there who believes that crap is real :roll: Only other thing I have seen recently was the Nick Walenda walk and North America mini-series since I highly enjoyed Earth mini series.

    Never seen the show Moonshiners, but there are people who still make mooonshine. I have some in my liquor cabinet. $100.00 a gallon and a gallon last a long time :mrgreen:
  • KrisV
    1840 posts
    edited August 2014
    I didn't even realize this show was still producing new content. I stopped watching it after they stopped busting myths and started busting movie myths. I don't find that interesting. I never really liked the 3 new characters myself anyways, so their departure is not a big deal to me. I do feel for those who enjoy them though. It's always a bummer when an actor you enjoy leaves a show you enjoy, i.e. Charlie Sheen for me.

    They werent new when the show started. Grant came on late 2-3 seasons after but Kari was there first episode, Tory was just in the background but seen at times when they were building things, hence why they were called the build team.
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    We saw this last night. :cry:


    A big shock! I cant imagine the show without those three. Though I was most interested in the experiments that Jamie and Adam performed. So the show will still be good.

    I would like to see a spin off series with the other 3.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Jblue8298 wrote:
    I usually only watch random, old episodes, but I agree it won't be the same without them. It'll be kinda dull to just have the 2, even though they are awesome.

    Agreed 100%. I only watch old, random eps as well. Just when i so happen to see one.
  • Jblue8298
    7994 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Never seen the show Moonshiners, but there are people who still make mooonshine. I have some in my liquor cabinet. $100.00 a gallon and a gallon last a long time :mrgreen:
    Yeah some of my peeps make it too, stuff's too strong for me though. Anything that melts styrofoam I am a little scared to put in my body. :D
  • efin98
    5856 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The show is going back to how it used to be several years ago before the network fiddled with the show to get more help to other shows. In the earlier stuff they used to do multiple myths at the same time in the same location allowing maximum usage of their time on location which in turn cost them less money to produce, without the addition of a second production crew and three additional cast members it will mean they can get the same amount of myths busted in the same amount of time for less money.

    The three of them were important to the show but let's face it- they weren't the heart and soul of the show. That has always been Jaimie and Adam.

    Outside of TV Grant is a leading robotics expert and both Tori and Kari have extensive portfolios in the business means even if we don't see them on camera we will see their work. The three are also involved in the network's sister channel which will mean we might see them on air in other capacities for that channel as it tries to grow.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.