EA Forums - Banner

My strategy.

Prev1
My strategy is simple.. Always attack castle(s), random towns.

Replies

• chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    how do you know that a castle has 8-9 hours left?

if you click on a building can you see how destroyed it is?
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    lee67628 wrote:

But people have to defend their castles to get nerds, do upgrades etc. So I assume you are hoping to catch them while they are not playing and send enough nerds per castle to get done before you think they will be back.

• Nine9Nines
    930 posts New member
    edited August 2014
    lee67628 wrote:

But people have to defend their castles to get nerds, do upgrades etc. So I assume you are hoping to catch them while they are not playing and send enough nerds per castle to get done before you think they will be back.

It's a numbers game for me. I just try to spread as many nerds across as many random castles as possible. I expect most of them to be defended, but if just a small percentage of them win, it pays off nicely. Even if a town has all three castles open, I still only attack one of them and move on to the next random town.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:

I have the same questions for you. . .

If there is a way to tell how long a building under attacked has left before it is destroyed, I would like to know.
  • henpot7514
    6010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm currently getting 35 nerds per two hours, may I note, so this is probably better suited for players getting more nerds. When I attack random people, I have a look at their castle. If it's on the progress of being destroyed, say has 8-9 hours left I'll send between 2-5 nerds depending on how many horses are available and how many are already being attacked. If I visit a town with the castle not being attacked, I'll send one nerd to attack it. from the first wave I've received around 850 I think elixir, and that's one round, bare in mind I sent at least 5 waves out today.

Note, just received another 540 elixir.

giphy.gif
  • belle-cee
    22 posts
    edited August 2014
    Why only send 1 nerd to attack the castle? What kind of bonus does that achieve?
    I always put the max number of nerds to attack a castle hoping it would be destroyed before the player checks their town.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited August 2014
    * I attack neighbours, because:
    1. It helps them.
    2. The chances are higher that they return the favour than the chances of a revenge by a random I've attacked.
    3. The odds of wrecking a house are too low. Yes you earn way more when you attack a random and win. However the odds of winning are very low.
    * In Other Springfield I attack the castles and make sure they are destroyed within the 24hr time frame. (I haven't been able to verify if it results in 3 wins, but I hope it does.)
    * I use one nerd per building. With the castle upgrades the odds of wrecking a house before the player returns become lower and lower, so using more would just be a waste.
    * if I win a red die I use it in a random town on a castle.
  • smohqy
    2111 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    My strategy.

I'd tell you mine, but it's 1:30 AM and most of you are asleep.

Muuuahahaha!!!
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    belle-cee wrote:
    Why only send 1 nerd to attack the castle? What kind of bonus does that achieve?
    I always put the max number of nerds to attack a castle hoping it would be destroyed before the player checks their town.

don't do that, son

if the attack fails (chances are it will) then you get the same credit no matter how many nerds you use..so best not to waste 1 nerd and get a gold than to waste 8 nerds and get a gold
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    JcSnl wrote:
    * I attack neighbours, because:
    1. It helps them.
    2. The chances are higher that they return the favour than the chances of a revenge by a random I've attacked.
    3. The odds of wrecking a house are too low. Yes you earn way more when you attack a random and win. However the odds of winning are very low.
    * In Other Springfield I attack the castles and make sure they are destroyed within the 24hr time frame. (I haven't been able to verify if it results in 3 wins, but I hope it does.)
    * I use one nerd per building. With the castle upgrades the odds of wrecking a house before the player returns become lower and lower, so using more would just be a waste.
    * if I win a red die I use it in a random town on a castle.

ok i understand what you're saying

however, when you wake up in the morning how many elixer do you get? because i woke up today and got like 3000..so obviously a lot of my attacks succeeded :?

so i'm not sure if its a good idea to attack friends who play the game thouroughly :? i'd wake up to only a few hundred elixer
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    bradyc79 wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:

I have the same questions for you. . .

If there is a way to tell how long a building under attacked has left before it is destroyed, I would like to know.

Yes, if you tap it it should say 'being attacked' 'amount of time left...'
  • emmalk2002
    13 posts
    edited August 2014

I'm saving up my nerds through the day and putting 1 nerd per town on attack from 10pm, my cheaters I'm saving up for random castles, you get a better reward for box castle, got around 2000 elixer can't remember how much gold but only put 15 nerds on, trying to save up nerds for Sunday, it's bank holiday and I recon everyone's going to be busy (me included so I'm saving up my data so I can get on)
  • belle-cee
    22 posts
    edited August 2014
    chrisgyo wrote:
    belle-cee wrote:

don't do that, son

if the attack fails (chances are it will) then you get the same credit no matter how many nerds you use..so best not to waste 1 nerd and get a gold than to waste 8 nerds and get a gold

makes sense. I'm really bad at this event and haven't found anything to be working real well for me so far..
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    belle-cee wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    belle-cee wrote:

don't do that, son

makes sense. I'm really bad at this event and haven't found anything to be working real well for me so far..
    I've woken up to over 3k elixir each of the past two days.

I fight only random (although Mon I'll be attacking neighbors to help them out). I only put 1 nerd per attack, and I do this time I get nerds, not just the last time before bed.

to save time, I don't keep going to towns until I find a castle to attack. I attack at each town. Also, I attack however many buildings are on the screen when I first log-in. I would get a lot more gold/elixir if I only attacked castles, but that's a lot of clicking through that I don't have the patience for.

Think of it this way - if you send 10 nerds to attack 1 castle - you MIGHT get 140 elixir or you might get 10. If you send 1 nerd each to attack 10 castles you WILL get 100 elixir.

Mathematically, I get 35 nerds every 2 hours between my 3 castles. If I send all 35 nerds to attack only random castles all day long, I am guaranteed 350 elixir every time. I don't play every 2 hours. So lets say I average every 4 hours, I'm up pretty early so:

5:30, 9:30, 1:30, 5:30, 9:30 - that's 5 sets of 35 nerds = 1750 elixir - guaranteed (and if I manage to get an extra collection of nerds that's another 350 at least - and today I collected right at the first 2 hour mark).

Now, I don't only send to castles, I also send to houses (which pays out half of what castles do), because as I've said - time - and I woke up to over 3000 elixir, that means that A LOT of my attacks were successful. And by sending only 1 nerd to each of 10 castles it only takes 1 success to crush the strategy of 10 nerds to 1 castle:

10 nerds, 1 castle: 140 best
    1 nerd, 10 castles: 100 minimum, 1 success - 230 and I'm clearly getting at least 1 success per 10 nerds

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Visit at night and with 50 Nerds. Tap 3 buildings in every town. Make sure you send enough Nerds so that they will be finished in 8 hours. Therefore, when the neighbours wake up tomorrow, everything will be destroyed. :mrgreen:

P.s. I got 1500 elixar from this today.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Visit at night and with 50 Nerds. Tap 3 buildings in every town. Make sure you send enough Nerds so that they will be finished in 8 hours. Therefore, when the neighbours wake up tomorrow, everything will be destroyed. :mrgreen:

P.s. I got 1500 elixar from this today.

I managed to get 2600 elixir from my strategy this morning :P to be fair I sent way more attacks out.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    hokieborn wrote:
    belle-cee wrote:
    chrisgyo wrote:
    belle-cee wrote:

don't do that, son

I've woken up to over 3k elixir each of the past two days.

I fight only random (although Mon I'll be attacking neighbors to help them out). I only put 1 nerd per attack, and I do this time I get nerds, not just the last time before bed.

to save time, I don't keep going to towns until I find a castle to attack. I attack at each town. Also, I attack however many buildings are on the screen when I first log-in. I would get a lot more gold/elixir if I only attacked castles, but that's a lot of clicking through that I don't have the patience for.

Think of it this way - if you send 10 nerds to attack 1 castle - you MIGHT get 140 elixir or you might get 10. If you send 1 nerd each to attack 10 castles you WILL get 100 elixir.

Mathematically, I get 35 nerds every 2 hours between my 3 castles. If I send all 35 nerds to attack only random castles all day long, I am guaranteed 350 elixir every time. I don't play every 2 hours. So lets say I average every 4 hours, I'm up pretty early so:

5:30, 9:30, 1:30, 5:30, 9:30 - that's 5 sets of 35 nerds = 1750 elixir - guaranteed (and if I manage to get an extra collection of nerds that's another 350 at least - and today I collected right at the first 2 hour mark).

Now, I don't only send to castles, I also send to houses (which pays out half of what castles do), because as I've said - time - and I woke up to over 3000 elixir, that means that A LOT of my attacks were successful. And by sending only 1 nerd to each of 10 castles it only takes 1 success to crush the strategy of 10 nerds to 1 castle:

10 nerds, 1 castle: 140 best
    1 nerd, 10 castles: 100 minimum, 1 success - 230 and I'm clearly getting at least 1 success per 10 nerds

Hm. Might try my strategy, followed by yours, then mine and so on and see if my loot increases from about 4 elixir per day (from nerds only)
  • socialjoy
    19 posts
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for posting this strategy! This is working the best for me so far. One nerd per attack, random attacks, use the Cheaters on random castles only, etc. getting thousands of elixirs per day instead of hundreds!
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think what I did yesterday worked. Woke up to 10,840 elixir and 3,851 gold!
    Spread the nerds thin and wide. 1 nerd per building, 1 nerd per town.

• OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think what I did yesterday worked. Woke up to 10,840 elixir and 3,851 gold!
    Spread the nerds thin and wide. 1 nerd per building, 1 nerd per town.

I have also nene doing this, I got 8k elixar this morning!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.