EA Forums - Banner

Why bother with friends?

Prev1
Other than one personal friend of mind, I don't bother to visit my neighborhood anymore.

I just chose random towns to whack, it's much more profitable... Don't blame me, blame the programmers of this game. :wink:

Replies

• frogmommy15
    77 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I guess it depends on your perspective.

I attack my friends with Nerds and random castles only when I have a Cheater. I do that to help my neighbours, and they help me back, and not just during events.

Yes the payout for a win from a random is much better, but the payout for a loss is the same as a loss to a neighbour. I'm not much of a gambler and not much of a strategist so I prefer to go for the guaranteed payout that helps a friend.

• teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:
    So I've just noticed that attacking a random is far more profitable than attacking my friends

So why would I bother attacking my friends and not just visit them normally?

Seems like a strange move considering so far all events have been about neighbour interaction

I attack friends as well as random towns because friend attacks are more likely to earn additional awards in the form of revenge attacks. I've been using about half my nerds for random attacks and half for friend attacks.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    In this instance attacking friends helps them more than it does you so I attack my friends every night! If they attack you back you also get the same benefit as a random attacker!
  • 88KEYS62
    200 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    lee67628 wrote:
    Other than one personal friend of mind, I don't bother to visit my neighborhood anymore.

I just chose random towns to whack, it's much more profitable... Don't blame me, blame the programmers of this game. :wink:

+1 :lol::lol:
  • andrewsworld1
    213 posts
    edited August 2014
    I think it just comes down to satisfaction about attacking friends instead of random people. I do both. :-)
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    To help your friends I suppose.
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I attack friends because I would like to help them and hopefully they'll do the same for me. In the long run I think this will be the most beneficial play.

Random town pillaging will start to pay less and less as the game progresses since attack times will steadily increase.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    A successful defense gives a good 10 gold while a failed attack gives 2 at most. You attack neighbors so they can defend and gain more gold. If they do the same you get more gold from defending than from attacking, with all the castles upgrading
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting 50 nerds every 2 hours now which is more than enough to do both for me. I attack a combination of random and friends during the day and just random at night.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    madfish86 wrote:
    I'm getting 50 nerds every 2 hours now which is more than enough to do both for me. I attack a combination of random and friends during the day and just random at night.

Lol that was a fun fight yesterday mad where i blew up your 3 castles
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    I think they should remove the friends altogether and just have the random springfield then you would have unlimited friends, also it saves from having to remove players who are no longer playing and finding more players to replace them.

They could let you keep 10 friends or something for real life friends.
  • LuvsDrama2
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I been doing the same thing using half and half of my nerds in random attacks and friends attacks. I think we benefit from doing it this way. not sure if I am right just saying :?:
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:
    So I've just noticed that attacking a random is far more profitable than attacking my friends

Seems like a strange move considering so far all events have been about neighbour interaction

Never go to war with friends. Be friends with friends.

They made it harder to visit friends, and it takes to long new with all the scrolling. I keep random attacking 1 nerd a building. I almost have 9 k gold.
  • madfish86
    1094 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    madfish86 wrote:

Lol that was a fun fight yesterday mad where i blew up your 3 castles

brotherfromthesameplanet8.png
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I almost exclusively attack friends (have some neighbor spots open as well) because I go for the xp and cash too. Woke up this morning to 1990 elixir, so it does pay off too.
  • Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Deverz85 wrote:

Because you like your neighbors and want to help them?

Okay, I'll admit that comes across as kinda mushy. This has been covered in other threads. The short answer: you get the same payout from a defended house in either a random town or a neighbor's town, but that random town isn't likely to attack back but your neighbor will--or at least might. Besides, as Snakeyes and Madfish demonstrated earlier in this thread, it's more fun battling friends.

The optimal solution (excepting feeder towns) would be to coordinate with neighbors to leave attacks undefended. That strategy might prove impractical for people with very large lists of neighbors.

• Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Pinpal00 wrote:
    Deverz85 wrote:

Because you like your neighbors and want to help them?

Okay, I'll admit that comes across as kinda mushy. This has been covered in other threads. The short answer: you get the same payout from a defended house in either a random town or a neighbor's town, but that random town isn't likely to attack back but your neighbor will--or at least might. Besides, as Snakeyes and Madfish demonstrated earlier in this thread, it's more fun battling friends.

The optimal solution (excepting feeder towns) would be to coordinate with neighbors to leave attacks undefended. That strategy might prove impractical for people with very large lists of neighbors.

Optimal payout would be to coordinate with non-neighbors to leave attacks undefended. There have been post on that idea also. Like using some type of marker to indicate non-defense, and a lot of say brown houses to attack. But there are issues with this, like the KL bug, and it doesn't seem necessary to me. I'm on target for all the prizes with the simple strategy of mostly attacking reciprocating friends with one nerd, and defend. I play every 2hrs or less. Lots of strategies will work.

Nice that the event can be played so many different ways.

• Pinpal00
    995 posts Member
    edited August 2014

Optimal payout would be to coordinate with non-neighbors to leave attacks undefended.

True! I feel like we've all been acting out an odd version of the Prisoner's Dilemma in a massive game theory experiment.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    well if you have friends and you see that they only have 200 gold pieces...that means you can attack them and they probably won't even notice ;) a guaranteed win
  • Samaranth01
    2184 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been sending most of my nerds to attack my friends to help them out. Right now I'm using revenge attacks and cheaters against random invaders only. It's the only way to find them and I want to give my friends the chance to defend. Most of my friends who attack me, I'm already attacking anyway so I really don't need the revenge feature to find them. :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.