EA Forums - Banner

Castle walls cost donuts

I guess they need to have some content as premium, or they wouldn't make much money.
The first one is free and so im okay with it, i would be annoyed if they made you pay for the walls for each castle.

Replies

• letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited August 2014
    How far into this are you? Walls and towers are earned as you upgrade your castles.
  • minnyniner
    2 posts
    edited August 2014
    You can spend donuts on them if you wish, otherwise be patient and they are free as part of the upgrade proces, just as letsridebikes said.

Those who spend donuts can have more walls but hey won't speed up the process of fortifying your castle any sooner.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    roxas91122 wrote:
    I guess they need to have some content as premium, or they wouldn't make much money.
    The first one is free and so im okay with it, i would be annoyed if they made you pay for the walls for each castle.

Well look's like you do for Lisa's & Bart's castle.
    So any freemium players who don't spend money might aswel use their elixir on homer's castle, unless you want two half built one's.
    You would think they would give you enough free one's to at least put a small wall around the castle, wondered why there was a prize for 3 castle towers so far up the prize list.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    How far into this are you? Walls and towers are earned as you upgrade your castles.

Part 19 i think.
    Maxed homer to level 10 and built pretty much the 1st castle apart from 1 tower as i thought I'll get that once i reach the tower prize.

Just got the gates on Lisa's castle an that how i found out they cost donuts.

Think i just need the gate on Bart's castle & to upgrade Bart Lisa and Marge.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    minnyniner wrote:
    You can spend donuts on them if you wish, otherwise be patient and they are free as part of the upgrade proces, just as letsridebikes said.

Those who spend donuts can have more walls but hey won't speed up the process of fortifying your castle any sooner.

Oh right that's good to know thought i would get to the end of the event and have two castles half built, i presumed after getting the gates i could buy them with elixir.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So the walls, gates and towers for Recycle Castle and Boxingham Palace don't cost donuts as u progress through the game?
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    Vs1976 wrote:
    So the walls, gates and towers for Recycle Castle and Boxingham Palace don't cost donuts as u progress through the game?

I'm guessing from what he ^ said is if you keep upgrading the castle the parts will come back around for free! but it will be a grind.

Still think the prices are outrageous

2 donuts for the recycled wall
    20 donuts for a tower
    40 donuts for the gates
    And they don't even give a bonus, even the medieval banners give a 0.25% bonus for 15 donuts, that's less than the cost of 1 tower.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:

I'm guessing from what he ^ said is if you keep upgrading the castle the parts will come back around for free! but it will be a grind.

Still think the prices are outrageous

2 donuts for the recycled wall
    20 donuts for a tower
    40 donuts for the gates
    And they don't even give a bonus, even the medieval banners give a 0.25% bonus for 15 donuts, that's less than the cost of 1 tower.

Can anyone confirm how many level or upgrades there are for each castle then?
  • amazonprimechic
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You upgrade all 3 castles (towers, walls, gate) with elixir for in the 1st nine or ten levels. At level 10 if want more parts for Bart's and Lisa castle you pay with donuts. The stone castle with elixir.

After that your next level just upgrades town defense, next level nerd #s, and then nerd total. That sequence just repeats over and over.
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I just noticed the donut cost for Lisa's castle parts earlier today, and I assume Bart's going to be the same. Very disappointing - 2 towers, 8 walls, and a gate are not enough for a decent castle, and it's not at all worth the donut cost to buy more.

Oh well.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    You upgrade all 3 castles (towers, walls, gate) with elixir for in the 1st nine or ten levels. At level 10 if want more parts for Bart's and Lisa castle you pay with donuts. The stone castle with elixir.

After that your next level just upgrades town defense, next level nerd #s, and then nerd total. That sequence just repeats over and over.

How do you know if you don't mind me asking, someone up the page said they go back around.
    Not much point carrying on with the event after getting all the prizes then in that case, haven't got the space for a massive castle but i would have liked a nice wall around each of the 3 castles, no bigger that the springfield sign.

Looks like I'm going to have two castles stuck in my inventory after this event then
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014

Thx... At least u get the gates for free with Bart & Lisa.. I will buy the towers then... :/ I'll need to figure how much I want to spent to get to get the additional walls though. I don't think I really need to do it for Lisa's castle as the concrete walls would do just fine.

There really isn't any reason to upgrade past 10 levels then. I'll save the elixir for other stuff.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Creativity will do wonders if you don't want to spend donuts. For Lisa's castle, how about making walls out of gas pumps, broken washing machines, waste barrels, etc. For Bart's castle, use wooden fences or concrete walls.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just got there and was really uber annoyed by that. Haven't finished boxingham castle yet but, assume it is going to be the same thing. Seems pretty ridiculous at this point that the event is a month and half long as I'm moving along very fast as a freemium player. Hopefully something new will be added as this event just became pointless.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just notice the 8th prize appears to be 3 towers? Anybody think it's another set of each?
  • mikepellerin60
    492 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Meh, I'm just putting the three castle keeps in the center and running all the three different walls together. It'll have three different styles of wall, one associated with each keep. I may decide later on having the three keeps with just the stone walls surrounding the whole thing. IDK yet.
    Moe: "Moe's tavern, home of the worlds smallest large screen TV."
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited August 2014
    Seems like a pointless event now, once you finish the story collect all the personal prizes what else is left ? Build a really good homer castle and have two unfinished small one's ? You would have thought after the story and all the personal prizes you would be playing the month for parts for the 3 castles so you have something to play for, how many people are going to want a huge brick castle while the other two rot in some corner ? Unless you fall for what EA setup and buy all the parts but that might cost a lot just to get 3 castles similar size.

Bit crafty EA to give you 3 towers 1 short of a four corner wall and half a wall to penny pinch our pockets, EA are just too greedy, there's not enough content in this game for it to be on a retail disc for £40 but some people have still spent over £500, not only that but they even take the p*** out of the consumer with their wording in the game, i really am debating on wether to just cut my losses on this game before i lose any more money, if you really think about it are images of small houses really worth £5+ each ? You don't even really play the game , the game plays itself while you wait for it to finish so you can randomly tap images, the only real playing if you can call it that is the designing of the town and making it look good, and from what I've seen by looking through these random towns is people don't even do that, they just squash everything together in a big mess.

Anyway had me b***h about it now, I'm off to think more about if it's worth the mega transactions it's taking from my bank account for the same pleasure i can probably get from a game worth a fraction of the cost.
  • penalak
    130 posts
    edited August 2014
    teo47 wrote:
    Creativity will do wonders if you don't want to spend donuts. For Lisa's castle, how about making walls out of gas pumps, broken washing machines, waste barrels, etc. For Bart's castle, use wooden fences or concrete walls.

My exact idea tbh!
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited August 2014
    Ok I just caught up to this point and I see what you mean. That is pretty crappy :evil:
    Meh, I'm just putting the three castle keeps in the center and running all the three different walls together. It'll have three different styles of wall, one associated with each keep. I may decide later on having the three keeps with just the stone walls surrounding the whole thing. IDK yet.
    I'll probably do something similar. I already have them all pretty close together for kind of that purpose. I guess there will just be a disproportionate amount of stone walls.
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Just notice the 8th prize appears to be 3 towers? Anybody think it's another set of each?
    Probably just one of each, not a set. Perhaps someone farther along than I can confirm.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.