EA Forums - Banner

Act fast and now if you want to collect all the prizes

Prev1
Interesting possibly valid thoughts; guess we'll see as the weeks move forward (you should correct your months error to weeks)... anyhow, if things play out this way, that may be where completionists will have to spend donuts...

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Most players here are sending one nerd at a time, with the expectation that buildings will be defended more often than not. Defending your town from tons of attacks is where the real rewards are.
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited August 2014
    Right now I am producing 50 nerds every 2 hours on both my freemium and my premium account. I figure during the day I will get to my towns for pick up about 6 times, so roughly I generate 300 nerds a day. If I get one coin each, that is 300 a day. That is not enough to finish.

But if I place each one of those nerds in a neighbors town and they revenge back, I will get 3000 coins. That is enough to finish easily. With this in mind, I always revenge back neighbors that come by.

This does not take in to account random invaders and occasional dropped cheaters. If we all just keep playing, we will get there. Don't worry about defensive and keep placing those nerds.

Remember neighbors with the strongest defensive have the most nerds to revenge back with.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    As neuro pointed out you should never be sending more than one nerd per attack
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited August 2014
    Both valid points, neuro heart and farmercyn..... But you can't control how other people play in the sense that one of my towns gets a ton of attacks, but the other very few...so you can't count on getting defensive gold there. Farmercyn, wouldn't it be nice if every played the same way? Sadly, I don't think you can depend much on revenge attacks since not everyone does it. What would work for everyone is if the entire game population was on the same page and just let their houses at least get destroyed by their attackers.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:
    Both valid points, neuro heart and farmercyn..... But you can't control how other people play in the sense that one of my towns gets a ton of attacks, but the other very few...so you can't count on getting defensive gold there. Farmercyn, wouldn't it be nice if every played the same way? Sadly, I don't think you can depend much on revenge attacks since not everyone does it. What would work for everyone is if the entire game population was on the same page and just let their houses at least get destroyed by their attackers.

Can't leave my houses to be destroyed as I will miss out on other defences from other attackers
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    The event last until Oct 7th, 2014. We need 38,000 gold coins to unlock everything.

So if u started the event only recently, I reckon u need to generate about 1,000 gold coins a day (approximately).

I know we can use donuts to speed up elixir. But I don't know if u can use donuts to speed up gold coins, unless u keep buying Cheater 20 to speed up the destruction (max 50 coins each only).
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • shawn59736
    540 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I use the max amount of nerds to revenge attack the castles, not the houses. You get 140 elixir for a win on the castles. I use 1 nerd to attack friends houses who have attacked me. That's how I spend 'em.
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I think we'll still be able to get plenty of elixir and gold as the event progresses, but a higher percentage of what we get will come from defending as opposed to from attacking. Higher level castles mean more nerds, which means more attacks and therefore more opportunities to defend.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • FarmerCyn
    235 posts
    edited August 2014
    leeana69 wrote:

You are right you can't control how others play. I didn't say I tapped on my friends; I revenge on friends who have tapped on me. I am trying to build a reciprocal relationship. It works with some and not with others.

I will never willingly let my house be destroyed and I want others to clear their houses. I want income from my houses and enjoy tapping them. I need places to tap for my random tapping. I don't like landing on places that are full, so I prefer people clear often. Sure I won't make as much money, but I will have more fun.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    shawn59736 wrote:
    I use the max amount of nerds to revenge attack the castles, not the houses. You get 140 elixir for a win on the castles. I use 1 nerd to attack friends houses who have attacked me. That's how I spend 'em.

Eventually, sending max nerds becomes counterproductive. I have run into castles where the defenses have been upgraded enough to require more than 20 nerds. Past 20 nerds, you lose even if you destroy the castle. A win will get you 7 elixir per nerd. Losing against a castle with 1 nerd gives you 10 elixir per nerd.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited August 2014
    Just picked up the Marge skin. The rest of the prizes aren't worth the grind IMO. Not Simpsins related. Neither were the early prizes but skins are skins. Obv I'll carry on but if I don't get the remaining stuff ......meh.

Also none of this **** looks good in SF. Hopefully it can be stored or, better, placed in KL after the event.
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts
    edited August 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    shawn59736 wrote:

Eventually, sending max nerds becomes counterproductive. I have run into castles where the defenses have been upgraded enough to require more than 20 nerds. Past 20 nerds, you lose even if you destroy the castle. A win will get you 7 elixir per nerd. Losing against a castle with 1 nerd gives you 10 elixir per nerd.

You make a very compelling argument. Especially the ratio of nerds attacked to elixir earned.

I am only using one nerd per attack, but have been open to considering other opinions. I think they should have made it so that Revenge attacks generated the same amount as attacking another person's castle, even if it was just a house. Then it would encourage more attacks amongst neighbors and active players.
  • Alexanderke4
    63 posts
    edited August 2014
    I didn't use any donuts or anything else to speed things up and i'm at 13200 gold currently with lvl 12,10 and 10 castles. As others have said just dont send multiple nerds/building as its a waste. Most people defend easily so it won't matter if you send more of them. If you're lucky yes you'll win some fights but most money comes from defending. And you're better of with attacking randoms instead of neighbours as they Give more rewards
  • lynnmckenz82
    2613 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just picked up the Marge skin. The rest of the prizes aren't worth the grind IMO. Not Simpsins related. Neither were the early prizes but skins are skins. Obv I'll carry on but if I don't get the remaining stuff ......meh.

Also none of this **** looks good in SF. Hopefully it can be stored or, better, placed in KL after the event.

FYI, the balloon and the catapult both give you multipliers.
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I didn't use any donuts or anything else to speed things up and i'm at 13200 gold currently with lvl 12,10 and 10 castles. As others have said just dont send multiple nerds/building as its a waste. Most people defend easily so it won't matter if you send more of them. If you're lucky yes you'll win some fights but most money comes from defending. And you're better of with attacking randoms instead of neighbours as they Give more rewards
    Remember to attack OTHER SPRINGFIELD every time. It's an NPC and never defends so much gold, elixir.
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited August 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Most players here are sending one nerd at a time, with the expectation that buildings will be defended more often than not. Defending your town from tons of attacks is where the real rewards are.
    ^This

You don't have to be a premium player to have a huge amount of gold, you just need people to attack your town. You can't control it but I think it's easy to get enough gold daily to get every prize at the end.
  • shafanator108
    359 posts Member
    edited August 2014

FYI, the balloon and the catapult both give you multipliers.

The catapult is in the episode with rex banner. And fyi it is animated....shoots cats
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited August 2014
    The central premise of this thread isnt flawed as much as it is plain wrong.

Presumably the reason the random towns give more out for just this reason, so that if a player's neighbours stop once they've got the prizes, there'll still be a way to get gold snd elixir.

But I doubt that'll happen because id be willing to be once we finish the prizes, certain amounts of elixir will give us the bonus we usually get in these events that'll give us thr chance to win donuts.
  • avg_joe_c
    67 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm inclined to think it will get much easier to collect more gold and elixir as the event goes on.

First, my nerd total keeps increasing. Every extra five nerds earned is a minimum of an extra five gold every time I collect them, which is a minimum of five times a day.

Plus, I'm already at the point where I have enough nerds to attack all of my friends and still have lots left over to attack random towns. I have seen so many random towns of new people who appear to be barely playing. I doubt they are checking in every day let alone every nine or ten hours.

Further, as the event wears on, I'm sure even many of my friends will get bored and stop checking in as often. Plenty of time to earn extra off of them at that time. :)

And the great thing about the random stranger attack option is that even if all my friends stop playing and have no houses to attack, all I have to do is tap that icon and keep on scrolling through.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    When everyone has maxed castles it will take 24+ hours to destroy a building with one nerd. From some point onwards the only way to get gold in this event will be defense (or abandoned towns). I hope people won't start skipping high-def towns becaues that will be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!