EA Forums - Banner

Random towns not so random

Yes. I'm wondering if it is really random.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    doug1188 wrote:
    I only know this because I leveled all 3 castles that happened to be in the center of a town that was 100% house farm.
    Seems like you also should have only had two actions left, if it was the same town.

You'd be surprised how many towns are seas of houses.
  • leeana69
    170 posts
    edited August 2014
    Had this happen to me today too. Went to a town twice within one raiding 'session' and the town was covered entirely in pavement, so i know it was the same town.
  • lee67628
    818 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    As long as I can still give 5 taps, I don't really bother if they are the same towns or not.
    TSTO Completionist since 2012
  • roshigoth1
    1601 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Funny thing about something truly random is that this sort of thing will happen. What people naturally think of as random is usually not so much.

Think how many people out there are hitting the randomizer, and how often it's hit. It's bound to occasionally give you repeats.
  • furrykiltman
    661 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    You may be surprised, it shocks me how many people have house farms. Will be more observant the next time I attack.
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    Funny thing about something truly random is that this sort of thing will happen. What people naturally think of as random is usually not so much.

Think how many people out there are hitting the randomizer, and how often it's hit. It's bound to occasionally give you repeats.

If it was random and we knew how many towns there were we could compute the probability of a repeat in x trials.

What I was wondering was, is there something in the code matching up people revenging on each other. Or some other scheme the programmers thought of.

Reminds me of the birthday matching problem.

• doug1188
    46 posts
    edited August 2014
    I did the whole house farm thing for about 6 months but only a couple hundred houses. This one was literally 100% filled. It sucks because I only attack castles so when I get placed into the same town, it's just a waste of time.

I've come across this town 3 times. There is no arguing that it's the same as any other one. This was one corner and it seemed like the town was MUCH larger than the allowed amount. I assume it's a hacked account

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/doug118/97b6a7323050496b5084413d95fcb449.jpg
  • JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So the whole thing is kinda of complicated, but let me try to break it down for you. First, the algorithm is based on a players usage over the past 17 hours. Secondly the total num
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    House farms rule. You're never short of something to attack.
  • minnyniner
    2 posts
    edited August 2014
    I've notice that and am now being selective. I'm not a premium player (better things to spend my money on), but no objection against those who do. However, if I can tell that the town is someone's spare Sprinfield, I simply hit random again. I am not helping those players out. Typical when they have put everything away except the one castle!
  • Pokelon1970
    311 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Random is just a computer calculation, so yes for sure you will hit the same towns. Hit random on your CD player, you'll get the same song over and over again, although there's over 400 songs to chose from. As said above it's just an algorithm.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.