EA Forums - Banner

EA, Please make Tapped Out "Immersive Mode" aware for KitKat users with software navigation buttons.

+1 for this just because sometimes on my nexus when I tap mindlessly to collect stuff I mistap on the home button and exit the application.

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yep, I agree! :mrgreen:
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    fuffazzoni wrote:
    +1 for this just because sometimes on my nexus when I tap mindlessly to collect stuff I mistap on the home button and exit the application.

I agree it would be GREAT to get those buttons to disappear. But meanwhile ... How can i even get my Nexus button to go to the side like that one in the screencap? Mine won't budge from the bottom edge of the device, which is exactly where I hold the friggin thing, so it's a pain to avoid hitting the home button. Arrgghh.
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I read once, don't know if it's accurate, that immersive mode only requires a single line of code to implement.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited August 2014
    How can i even get my Nexus button to go to the side like that one in the screencap? Mine won't budge from the bottom edge of the device, which is exactly where I hold the friggin thing, so it's a pain to avoid hitting the home button. Arrgghh.

I think that's a phone, while you use a tablet. There are some ways to force buttons in a direction, remap them or even force immersive mode in every app regardless, replacing them eventually with pie controls. But most methods require root.
  • lynnmckenz82
    2611 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    (Homer's brain) Mmmm....Kit Kat. (drools)
    Imagine there's a signature image here.--Lynn McKenzie
  • cokewithvanilla
    55 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    I read once, don't know if it's accurate, that immersive mode only requires a single line of code to implement.

I don't think it's a big deal to implement, I've been using a gallery app called QuickPic for years and the latest update enabled immersive mode support with barely any change in the app filesize (it's still under 1MB).

Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.