EA Forums - Banner

How to play in the event while game keeps crashing...??

+1

After 9/5 update, it crashes everytime I move from a neighbor's Springfield to the other.
Apparently no problem visiting Krustylands, but it's a pita moving back every time to the "neighbors menu" instead of using the upper-left arrows.
The Springfield load but then it freezes from some seconds and finally the app crash.

EDIT:
I just noticed that after the on-game update it was not crashing while attacking random players.
Then I upgraded the app from playstore and now it crashes also attacking random players

Replies

• juvaltino
    10 posts
    edited September 2014
    I have the same issue... Really annoying
  • victoriaw76
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Android Note 2, running KitKat.

Crashes on some neighbor towns and not others... largely guess it has to do with how many "open" characters and buildings it has to animate in neighbor towns. If I can get into my husband's town after he he checks his game I'll know for sure......
  • victoriaw76
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    And husband has not applied the Play Store update, his game runs just fine.
  • jacklynmur545
    4 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the very same issues since I did the update about 4 hours ago.
  • chairmark95
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    You guys and gals are lucky..I can't even get through the title screen.
  • starshipvi49
    1129 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Samsung galaxy tab 2, kitkat

After playstore update.
    Crashes constantly visiting random towns.
  • Biggiie
    2 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same problem after the update on 5/9/14. Can't get past title screen. Samsung Galaxy S3 4G edition.
  • vicm622
    2 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same issue. I can't send my nerds to attack because I can't load other Springfields. I also had issues with certain friend's Springfields not loading before the patch this afternoon, now it's worse and more widespread.

ETA: I notice it's worse if Sideshow Bob is present.
  • jaytothen
    2 posts
    edited September 2014
    You guys and gals are lucky..I can't even get through the title screen.

Same here. Samsung Galaxy4 running Kit-Kat. This game is a joke.

• ferretlxix
    1 posts
    edited September 2014
    Same issue on my Nexus 7. After the latest update, the game crashes after the title screen. I already cleared the cache, past data and reinstalled the game. No luck and I'm still getting notifications of invaders and friends in my town.
  • alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    After lvl44 has been enabled, all problems seems gone!

EDIT:
    Just back from visiting all my 100 neighbors, I have to say that the game now is working better than before!
    In the last ~2 months I've been plagued by very frequent "mini-freezes" of about 10 seconds, even on my Springfield.
    Now they are gone and the game playable as before.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • debsmelv
    6 posts
    edited September 2014
    Been addicted to the game for over 2 years but in the last 48 hrs with two small updates the crashing is very irritating. 24 hrs ago every time I tried to invade more than one town it crashed and chucked me out.......tonight I can't even go to friends without it throwing me out :-(
  • bolshoi429
    8 posts
    edited September 2014
    This isn't only an Android issue. I have the same problems on my iOS devices.
  • RaceBanyon01
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    bolshoi429 wrote:
    This isn't only an Android issue. I have the same problems on my iOS devices.

Same here on iPhone 5s.

When giving tasks to my characters, game slows to a near freeze.
    Can't move from one friend's town to the next without crashing.
    Breathe on it or look at it wrong... it crashes.
    This is horrendous.

After the long wait with too little to do, we now have the great Clash of Clones update, a new level, and new friend point prizes... and I can barely play for more than a second or two at a time.
  • singlesonz
    1 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm having same issue, iPad Air....iOS 7.2 blah blah
    Cannot get past title screen, it crashes at donut spinning, and kicks me out. Like, full closure of the app, I don't have to close it, it's done!
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    FIX THIS!!!!!!
    THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE BEEN LOCKED OUT OF MY GAME EA!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.