EA Forums - Banner

catapult

Prev1
So i just got the Catapult. Does the Krusty/Mel dialogue mean there's a new task or mini quest for Mel, or was it just a fun little joke dialogue exchange?

Good question, I wondered what that was all about but I don't have Mel so I don't know. :? I was thinking of buying him (well the building he comes with) next though.

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't think it does. I got my catapult yesterday (two actually via glitch :) ). When I reset my people on 24's I didn't see anything.
  • richardaca969
    1058 posts
    edited September 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    So i just got the Catapult. Does the Krusty/Mel dialogue mean there's a new task or mini quest for Mel, or was it just a fun little joke dialogue exchange?

Good question, I wondered what that was all about but I don't have Mel so I don't know. :? I was thinking of buying him (well the building he comes with) next though.

I was debating the exact same thing. But I googled it, cant see anything anywhere.
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't think it does. I got my catapult yesterday (two actually via glitch :) ). When I reset my people on 24's I didn't see anything.
    What are the best steps for this glitch? I'm coming up on the catapult.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I got the catapult on my iPhone in the morning. When I got home and entered my town on my iPad I got the second catapult. Lost all my elixor that I gained thought and about 2000 gold but it was worth it to me.

I noticed it's having a hard time switching between devices at the moment. I collected nerds before I left for work on the iPad and they didn't register on my phone when I got to work
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I got the Catapult this morning as well and was wondering whether this was a new quest for Mel but nothing has happened

Has anyone checked Mel's task list to see whether it there? I havent had chance to check my game all day :(
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014

I got the catapult on my iPhone in the morning. When I got home and entered my town on my iPad I got the second catapult. Lost all my elixor that I gained thought and about 2000 gold but it was worth it to me.

I noticed it's having a hard time switching between devices at the moment. I collected nerds before I left for work on the iPad and they didn't register on my phone when I got to work

Thanks for the tips!
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2014

I did it using my iPad and iPhone. Reached it on my iPad and placed. Finished clearing my town. Pressed the home button to close the app. Opened it up on my phone and it gave me another in my inventory.
    I've done this technique with loads of event items :P (I have a spare money pool that I can't place)
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    mpwarner wrote:

I did it using my iPad and iPhone. Reached it on my iPad and placed. Finished clearing my town. Pressed the home button to close the app. Opened it up on my phone and it gave me another in my inventory.
    I've done this technique with loads of event items :P (I have a spare money pool that I can't place)

Thank you for the tips! I have several devices, so I'm going to see how many I can get. :)

EDIT: HOPEFULLY THIS WORKS ON ANDROID.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    there's no quest. it's just dialogue :(
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014
    They totally should have had a Rex Banner task with the catapult.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2014
    Just tried this again with the final prize. I got a notification of winning them, but it didn't say the statue and banners were in my inventory... And they weren't :-/
  • MISTER ZOMBEE
    4696 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

I got the Catapult this morning as well and was wondering whether this was a new quest for Mel but nothing has happened

Has anyone checked Mel's task list to see whether it there? I havent had chance to check my game all day :(

No new Mel tasks. Such a tease.... :evil:
  • Joe12Pack
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    mpwarner wrote:

Thank you for the tips! I have several devices, so I'm going to see how many I can get. :)

It works on android. I have 2 balloons and 2 catapults. Funny thing is it didn't work for my spouse who also uses 2 android devices.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Joe12Pack wrote:

It works on android. I have 2 balloons and 2 catapults. Funny thing is it didn't work for my spouse who also uses 2 android devices.

Well, I don't know what will end up happening with your balloons and catapults, but your MARRIAGE is gonna last forever. :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • barryriddl474
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Joe12Pack wrote:
    mpwarner wrote:

Thank you. Sadly, it did not work for me on three Android devices.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I have crazy cat lady when i tap on the catapult, i can load a orange cat and send him flying. Rather funny
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited September 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    I have crazy cat lady when i tap on the catapult, i can load a orange cat and send him flying. Rather funny

I don't have crazy cat lady but when I tap the catapult a cat also gets launched.
  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:

I don't have crazy cat lady but when I tap the catapult a cat also gets launched.

Cool i was not sure if she was required.
  • ZennGlenn
    1767 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    jraffa50 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:

Cool i was not sure if she was required.

OUTSTANDING demented fun :P :!: :twisted: :!:
  • doh1236
    45 posts
    edited September 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    Just tried this again with the final prize. I got a notification of winning them, but it didn't say the statue and banners were in my inventory... And they weren't :-/

This happened to me with the recycled towers. I was told that the game resets every 7 days and to wait until then 10 days now and nothing not even a second response.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.