EA Forums - Banner

Can't even get into my town.

Hello mate, really sorry to hear you cannot get into your game :( I really hope someone gets back to you within the 48hrs with some helpful information so you can get back in.

This thread wont be moved or deleted, everyone has a right to an opinion as long as it doesnt cross the ToS :P

I would like you to keep me posted for sure, either via this thread or PM

Again sorry to hear you are locked out, i've lost two of my games before so i know how annoying/frustrating it can be specially when lots of money has been spent on the game

Replies

• MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, Neo, you're the bestest! :thumbup: Clash Of Clones had me frustrated with the game anyway, and the time and money were already spent, but giving up the forum would be the worst. I had been spending more time here than in my Springfield!
  • Jblue8298
    7993 posts New member
    edited September 2014
    I was wondering why you hadn't been around for a bit
    sorry to hear about your game issues :(
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I feel your frustration, OP. My wife purchased donuts yesterday, and after the transaction, her game crashed. We did everything to get back into her game (mine would load fine on multiple devices. If I logged out and she logged in, the game crashed) with no luck.
    This morning. we received a reply from EA after 16 long hours. They said everything is fixed for her.
    Now, she can log into the game, but it takes her to my town, with different stats than mine. Also, she did not receive the donuts she purchased yesterday.
    They were kind enough to "give" her 30 donuts (just not the 132 we were billed for) and they closed the case, with her game still loading my town and missing 102 bought and paid for donuts.
    I hope that your experience goes better than what we are experiencing.
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry you're having that problem. Especially during an event!

I've email their support a few times here and there, and even have something going with them right now. They've been pretty responsive, and when they say within 48 hours, they seem to stick with it.

Good luck!
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Here's the latest email we received. Note there is no phone number or chat link.

Thank you for reply!

We have found solution for you but there is one thing what should be done. Can you please be so kind and contact us by chat or call for account verification purpose so me or my colleague will be able to assist you further.
    When you will be in touch with my colleage/agent, please tell him to read case details and he will do the best for you because I left there all needed information to finish resolving this issue.

When account verification process will be done we can resolve issue and provide all information.

Thank you for cooperation!
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, Jblue, good to know I was missed! :lol: I made the mistake of going into Off Topic while I was here, so now I'm mucking about over there again. :lol::mrgreen: I'm sorry to read about your issues, barry. I saw your post in another thread but didn't quite grasp the gravity of the situation. That's just messed up. :evil: I've only just received a case number so far, but I hope when someone reads my rather scathing description of my issue, EA will realize how many customers are getting more than a little fed up with these shenanigans. In all fairness, I know there are many players who have been playing much longer than I have, and have put up with this stuff for much longer. This is the first time in almost a year of playing that I've been completely locked out of my town. I intend to badger them until it's fixed, because I don't want to give up my game, but more importantly this forum.
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks, Jblue, good to know I was missed! :lol: I made the mistake of going into Off Topic while I was here, so now I'm mucking about over there again. :lol::mrgreen: I'm sorry to read about your issues, barry. I saw your post in another thread but didn't quite grasp the gravity of the situation. That's just messed up. :evil: I've only just received a case number so far, but I hope when someone reads my rather scathing description of my issue, EA will realize how many customers are getting more than a little fed up with these shenanigans. In all fairness, I know there are many players who have been playing much longer than I have, and have put up with this stuff for much longer. This is the first time in almost a year of playing that I've been completely locked out of my town. I intend to badger them until it's fixed, because I don't want to give up my game, but more importantly this forum.

Thank you. I hope your issues are resolved soon. :)
  • agentkhoff28
    73 posts
    edited September 2014
    I cannot get to my town as well, since the update at 11:50 pm central time last night. The app closes after I log in. Do I need to log a ticket with EA to get this resolved?

Running on Android
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I cannot get to my town as well, since the update at 11:50 pm central time last night. The app closes after I log in. Do I need to log a ticket with EA to get this resolved?

Running on Android
    Android as well. Galaxy Note 2. I went to the Customer Support help link at the bottom of the page. Ningyo had it right. They got back to me quickly. Thus far it's a standard response form, and an issue number. It still remains to be seen if they are actually going to fix it. It sounds like you're experiencing the exact same thing I am. Total lock out. Let 'em know what's up, and if you're as upset about it as I am, I completely understand.
  • fuffazzoni
    627 posts
    edited September 2014
    I got this problem after Easter, took them a month to fix my town. I hope you'll have better luck!
  • laurianric18
    224 posts
    edited September 2014
    I'm in the same boat; sounds like there are a lot of us with the same or similar problems. Just sent my ticket to EA; here's hoping they hear from lots of people so they fix it faster.
  • Arbok9782
    525 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Do you have the Pumpkin House, MusicBooks960?

I notice that whenever a Pumpkin House is getting raided, it crashes on my Android. If you have a Pumpkin House in your Springfield, that might be causing havoc.
  • laurianric18
    224 posts
    edited September 2014
    Arbok9782 wrote:
    Do you have the Pumpkin House, MusicBooks960?

I notice that whenever a Pumpkin House is getting raided, it crashes on my Android. If you have a Pumpkin House in your Springfield, that might be causing havoc.

Can't do anything about it anyway, since we can't get in. :cry:
  • laurianric18
    224 posts
    edited September 2014
    I made it in! I made it in! *holding breath and crossing fingers*

Try it, Musicbooks!

ETA: AND I'm visiting neighbors now for the first time in at least a week! No crash yet! Woohoooooooo!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    That's an odd letter. I don't know why they would do that, when they went into my town to check it out without asking (which is no problem, support should be able to do that).

Good luck. Getting support for anything nowadays results in a lot of runaround.
  • MusicBooks960
    903 posts Member
    edited September 2014

Try it, Musicbooks!
    Without checking my email, I decided to give it a try just for grins and giggles. I got an update (not sure if it was just level 44 or a patch or what) but it LET ME IN! :cry: :-D Tears of joy! It seems I haven't lost anything, I'm not sure what dialogue I missed when it gave up the ghost, and I'm not sure if it set my game back at all. I'm level 44 now for sure, and just being able to get into my town is progress! Thank you all for your responses, and everyone who contributed to this thread is on my "cool" list for at least a couple days! I shall update periodically to let you all know if it's still working, and if this thread is still around in a couple days, I hope it will serve as a beacon of hope for anyone who's game is STILL dorking up. Thank you all! tumblr_inline_mp26nvJioT1s37dr0.gif
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014

Try it, Musicbooks!
    Without checking my email, I decided to give it a try just for grins and giggles. I got an update (not sure if it was just level 44 or a patch or what) but it LET ME IN! :cry: :-D Tears of joy! It seems I haven't lost anything, I'm not sure what dialogue I missed when it gave up the ghost, and I'm not sure if it set my game back at all. I'm level 44 now for sure, and just being able to get into my town is progress! Thank you all for your responses, and everyone who contributed to this thread is on my "cool" list for at least a couple days! I shall update periodically to let you all know if it's still working, and if this thread is still around in a couple days, I hope it will serve as a beacon of hope for anyone who's game is STILL dorking up. Thank you all! tumblr_inline_mp26nvJioT1s37dr0.gif

Glad to hear that :thumbup:
  • Neglecterino
    5175 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Sorry to hear of your game problems. Glad you got the in-game level 44 update.
    Been missing you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!