2385 posts Member
Servers might be overloaded

Replies

• Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Click play now & continue. The red arrows

Well, he says when he does that, that his game crashes...
  • boggart44
    27 posts
    edited September 2014
    good luck man
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Sometimes reinstalling will cause that "other device didn't save" thing, because it can't synch before it's deleted, and then it doesn't have the old data so it thinks it's a whole new device. If that makes sense. The crashing thing, though, makes that point kind of moot.
    A few people have been getting the actual harp of death since the level 44 update. You might have it or something like it.
    I wish I could offer a way to fix it, but I'm stumped. Sorry to hear this, though!
    (Your town is already overrun with nerds, btw.)
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    It appears that something specifically about your town is causing crashing when you load it. Do any neighbors have crashes when they visit? As you've tried uninstalling/re-installing, I would try the following:

1 - I have a good feeling that this will work. Attempt to log in using an Android device or Bluestacks, then clear all of your destroyed buildings. Then, log out and log back in with your iPhone. If you don't have an Android device, try with any other idevice or log in with a friend's device--preferably one that is more powerful than your iPhone 4S.

2 - If #1 doesn't work, your town might be messed and may require a revert to a prior save. That said, you could try 1 - log out of your town, then 2 - log into another one (or make a new one), then 3 - log out and log back into your town.

Hope you get your town back soon. Keep us posted.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    No worries neighboroonie, I won't boot you. I had day surgery yesterday and so wasn't playing much. Should be back at it today! Best of luck getting back in!
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the input everyone.

An EA person replied and suggested the same advice that Mopurglar mentioned above. So I installed TSTO on a friend’s Galaxy S5 phone. I tried to play and the same stuff happens as did in my original post (eventually leading to the game crashing and being booted out).

Then I borrow and install TSTO on a new iPad Air. Again I cannot play. The game crashes and I’m booted back to the home screen.

Also interesting - on both the S5 phone and iPad, the game installs another 900-plus mb of data. This is after the initial game install and Clash of Clans/Level 44 update install.

LbjFRkIm.jpg

Anyone know what this is? When I uninstall and re-install on my own iPhone, there’s no extra 900mb to download.

Also another thing. If I log out - I am able to play ”anonymously” on my own iPhone and the other two devices I’ve tried trouble shooting with. See…

50Zc4YDm.png

But of course, I do not want to start over after all the stuff I’ve collected and the town I’ve built.

So I don’t think my phone is the problem. It has something to do with my account and EA’s server or something. Unfortunately I think EA needs to revert my game back to a prior save as Mopurglar mentions and LPNintendoITA mentions here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10166214.page. It got him back in the game.

I hope I don’t lose too much progress going back.

One last thing - if anyone could, please post a picture of my nerd attacked and destroyed town for the Lulz. (Jim still around?) Haha, I hope to get revenge and attack my neighbors soon.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    ax0n01 wrote:
    if anyone could, please post a picture of my nerd attacked and destroyed town for the Lulz.

2ryXnRx.png?1
  • ax0n01
    2385 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    ax0n01 wrote:
    if anyone could, please post a picture of my nerd attacked and destroyed town for the Lulz.

2ryXnRx.png?1

Haha, thanks. And what are those guys doing outside? They're supposed to be hanging out at Honest John's Computers! See...

NzTXhgRm.jpg

Anyway, EA made some fixes to my account today and I'm back in. WooHoo!!

Look at these nerds retreat as I walk back into town. Lol.

HVK83Z9m.jpg

I was surprised that I didn't lose much progress. I even accumulated elixir and gold since Sunday.

3KsuVvlm.jpg

And now neighbors don't have to go to my crappy Krustyland to tap. Lol.

e6oinjAm.jpg

Keep tapping.
  • barryriddl474
    4816 posts Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad to see that you got this resolved. I just saw your thread, and the same thing happened to my wife last week, and EA reverted her game and fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!